Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Can't Beat the Final Boss in Torgue DLC

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Metzo_Paino

So far I've really enjoyed the Torgue DLC, much better than the Moxxie DLC from the last game. Though several missions are surviving wave based enemies they've done some interesting things to change it up. Though the majority of it are "proper" traditional missions. I also think this is the funniest chunk of content yet.

But anyway, I can't beat the last boss!

More specifically the T-Rex. The missiles will leave me with almost no health, and once I'm down there is nothing to second wind off.

I'm a level 50 Siren trying to solo. Loot probably isn't spectacular, just finished the main game for the second time and went straight into the DLC.

Any advice?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Use more EXPLOSIONS!

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Icemo

Shoot all the red barrels that are attached to its sides, that will disable most of its guns

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Icemo said:

You ruined my clever hint. 

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Icemo

@The_Laughing_Man: That's why my post is blanked out. It's a spoiler for your post!

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SexyToad

You should stay at the entrance of the arena, do what Icemo said, if the boss starts to attack, jump inside the hallway linked to the room with the vending machines.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

That DLC is marginal in many ways at best. I don't recommend full price for it at all. Cheap bosses, that one especially.

But... on the topic of the final boss: get some friends to help? I solo'd it too w/a Mechro; just basically never stopped running because of the flame and shock AoEs while Deathtrap distracted him a little bit. They're rediculous. The good news is once the T-rex is finished it gets much easier. Good Luck.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

@pweidman: What did you think of Scarlett?

Seems like the majority of people think that this one is even better. I know that IGN lead a circlejerking campaign with a glowing review of Torque.

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KimChi4U

I beat the final boss after dying to it and then hiding behind the barricade just at the entrance. I'd shoot it until I started to take some damage and then I'd crouch (yes, an actual use for crouch). His missiles can't hit you while you're hiding behind the barricade. Granted, I'm playing the mechro and my robot buddy did a lot of the damage.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By MildMolasses

@project343 said:

Seems like the majority of people think that this one is even better. I know that IGN lead a circlejerking campaign with a glowing review of Torque.

Do you know where these circle jerks are held? I'm asking for a friend

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman

@project343 said:

I thought Scarlett was easily better than this one. Way bigger and more interesting. The hidden treasure quests were really pretty good and carefully designed and thought out. Far Better loot available in Scarlett too.

Remember Gearbox is farming this stuff out to some other dev, and it shows, especially this latest Torgue DLC. As far as that IGN review, I read that and then bought and played this DLC and it is simply full of exaggerations and inaccuracies imo. My bad I guess. I should know better by now, but honestly I can't help trying it all because I love BL2 that much.

Avatar image for just_an_other_muffin
    Just_an_other_muffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You can shoot the missiles. Didn't realize that until the third time around.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icemo

@dudeglove: That must have been a bug. I didn't notice any health regeneration while I used corrosive and shock weapons.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By xMrSunshine

@KimChi4U said:

I beat the final boss after dying to it and then hiding behind the barricade just at the entrance. I'd shoot it until I started to take some damage and then I'd crouch (yes, an actual use for crouch). His missiles can't hit you while you're hiding behind the barricade. Granted, I'm playing the mechro and my robot buddy did a lot of the damage.

This is what I did for the bosses as a lvl 50 Siren I even ran back to the vending machines for heatlh if I got damaged. I tried a couple of times without cheesing it but it just seemed impossible. I couldn't find any critical spots on the saurus.

@pweidman: And the quality shows definitely. DLC for the PC version lacks all the PhysX effects that are in the original game areas. Bullets can't got through flags in the DLC even though they can go through similar flags in the main game. Also the texture work is not as good I think especially in Scarlett DLC. Real bummer I think, I really hope they don't continue with this. I've found the DLC kinda lackluster this far. Not bad necessary but not the same degree of fun that the main game has. Or maybe after 120 hours I've just seen everything and nothing will impress me.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

T-rex just requires some thought/skill, to easily beat. No cheesing required. Generally strafe and backpedal around the arena while shooting, when huge missiles come you can shoot them down, when he charges you to do close up aoe, simply turn around and run away until it stops; this way you can avoid most of his big dmg. The rest is just shooting the 3 red fuel barrels strapped to him (they are the crit spots). Done.

This has been my favorite Borderlands DLC to date (1 and 2).

Mostly due to constant interaction between the characters (Moxxi, Torgue, Tina) which has really brought the banter up a notch imo. There has been cross talk before in the games sure, but not as much, mostly just monologues.

Keavy_Rain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Keavy_Rain

After two deaths to this thing, I just used a rocket launcher and stayed in the area with the vending machines, firing at it when it would come by. I'd send Deathtrap out to keep it busy while I bought more ammo.

This DLC isn't as good as Scarlet's but it's nowhere near as bad as Moxxi's from the first game.

Ben1sawsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ben1sawsm

Are u on xbox or ps3

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By SeanCoughing

So after you beat piston torque yells "get ready for a lootsplosion" and then credits, is there no loot or what?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.