Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Game Informer's Review is out

• 85 results
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By DeF

Borderlands was pretty good. Borderlands 2 has more stuff so it's probably really good, too.

Spoilers.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Sounds good. I've been getting more and more excited for this game. Had some personal stuff having me down today, kind of was in a daze thinking and reading about this game a bit during work, and I wandered into a local game store at lunch because I was listening to the Bombcast and thought they said it was out today for some reason. Guy looked around and said they must have sold out, I guess he isn't too knowledgable. Saved me some embarrassment.

Looking forward to it. Keep my minds of some things with guns and guns and guns.

If any Bombers want to get into some Co-op on Xbox Live hit me up! Pretty certain I'm going to be playing the assassin with a melee focus.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Thanks to whoever it was that pointed people toward that $36 pre-order at Green Man Gaming. I went on a mini-spree and impulse bought this, Dishonored, and Hitman: Absolution. All for less than the price of any 2 of those games.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Spoonman671

I haven't really been excited about Borderlands 2 until a few days ago, and now I can't think about anything other than all the shotguns I'm going to hoard.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SomeJerk

Prettiest game of 2012 what in the fuck, I guess coke and hooker parties amidst fumes of skunk are still popular for UK publishing houses and developers (hi Molenyux!).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@SomeJerk said:

Prettiest game of 2012 what in the fuck, I guess coke and hooker parties amidst fumes of skunk are still popular for UK publishing houses and developers (hi Molenyux!).

When a lot of games look the same, art style goes a long way. Looks very pretty to me from what I've seen.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By theoldhouse

@Socialone: very, the hard way would have been to make it a rhythm game. And have it still be good.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Milkman

@JackOhara said:

@Fattony12000 said:

8.8!???????????????????????????????????????

No Caption Provided

You know thinking back to that whole fiasco, it really is just completely absurd. It's insane to think that we lived in a world where 8.8 wasn't an acceptable score for Twilight Princess. Shit, it seems pretty fucking generous now.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By xyzygy

Doesn't Game Informer usually score pretty low? If they gave The Last Story a 6 then I guess I'm in for Game of the Century with BL2.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By TheHT

Really? .75? Fuck.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By rentfn

I've got a lot of Brad bucks on this getting a five from Giant Bomb. Please get a Five!!!!!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#62  Edited By JasonR86

@xyzygy said:

Doesn't Game Informer usually score pretty low? If they gave The Last Story a 6 then I guess I'm in for Game of the Century with BL2.

It varies. They mostly score on the high end.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@Fearbeard said:

I'm really eager to play the game. Still don't give a shit about reviews.

Also, I'm not that big a fan of Quick Look EX's either (particularly when it means that GB doesn't do a normal QL for the game). While it can be nice to get an early look of the game, I'd personally rather wait and see what the Giant Bomb crew really thinks in their own QL rather then being stuck with someone who worked on the game guiding them through it.

While its generally true that the EX's are vastly inferior to the normal Quick Looks most of the time I think the Borderlands one was a relatively straightforward, honest approach to the game with the guy actually playing instead of lecturing. You could still feel Jeff biting his tongue at how lazy the "Skags behind laser walls" ambush was though, which is unfortunate. Surely Gearbox-man has some sort of a sense of humor.

Game Informer scores so low that they score 63% higher than the average critic: http://www.metacritic.com/publication/game-informer

Come on guys that magazine is literally 50% ads 25% Gamestop and 15% content, with the additional 10% composing some assorted piles of shit.

Mass Effect 3 = 100 Halo 2 = 100 MGS4 = 100 Skyward Sword (or really any Zelda game) = 100

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By jakob187

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

4 player co-op is where this game is at

I hate your avatar so much right now. IT'S FUCKING WITH MY MIND!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#65  Edited By MightyDuck

My buddy is a huge borderlands fan and really wants me to pick the game up to play co-op. However, after playing a few hours of the first one, I just can't jump get excited about it. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I find myself holding off on picking it up.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Funkydupe

@MightyDuck: Me too. Luckily the game is still around a few months or years from now, in case we change our minds. :)

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MrMuscle

@dudy80 said:

I will be surprised if we dont get a true QL for borderlands 2 plus a TNT for it. Im sure there will be tons of talk on next weeks bombcast as well.

Yeah I think so too. Jeff really loved the first one, he played it to death on the xbox and then got the PC version didnt he? Im sure he will lobby hard to get as much coverage as possible. At least i hope so, in house 4 player coop TNT would be awesome to watch.

whitespider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By whitespider

Like most of us know, skyrim got 9.75's, and 10.0's. And I think it deserved them. Faults be damned. Other people played skyrim for 15 minutes, shrugged. And moved on. Game informer, and most importantly the actual people who write for it - Are just like me, or any other user. They give mass effect 3 a 100 because that person playing it think's it deserves 100. If they where paid off, let us judge the facts as they come.

I think skyrim is a flawed game that deserves 9.9/10. Right now at least one of you is tsk'ing at me. "What a joke, skyrim is a buggy game". Sure it's that as well. Yet here we are with out extremely subjective viewpoints that we are willing to defend.

I don't believe the majority of reviews are paid off, I believe that some are. And we should not group everyone in the same bundle. Instead we should just go "oh, this specific critic likes it, what else did they like?" "Oh, they loved skyrim as well". Them giving it a high score might just be useful information for me.

If we do anything beyond that, and make wide sweeping statements about everything being corrupt, crap, or whatever else. It really does achieve nothing. We should dedicate that time, that effort, into looking for people we are compatible with taste wise.

ThatPrimeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By ThatPrimeGuy

ONLY A 9.75!?!

9.75!?!

WHAT IS THIS COMMUNIST RUSSIA DAY ONE PIRATE SHIT GAME

/IGN reader

Anyway, I trust Gamestop The Magazine about as far as I can throw a 1 ton stone but I'm sure the game will be pretty great.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By frankfartmouth

The first one got old fast to me. I don't foresee this one being any different. Just not my thing. I wish reviewers would go back to using 3 and 4 person panels. I like seeing a diversity of opinion instead of aggregates or single scores. This doesn't say anything to me other than, "9.75 for Borderlands fans."

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mordukai

@believer258 said:

Sounds pretty good, that's still pretty high for GI.

Not really. I see more 9's and 10's from any major reviewer out there.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JasonR86

@ThatPrimeGuy said:

ONLY A 9.75!?!

9.75!?!

/IGN reader

Anyway, I trust Gamestop The Magazine about as far as I can throw a 1 ton stone but I'm sure the game will be pretty great.

I'm struggling to put into words what I want to say. I don't think text does it. Just...just pretend you can see me shaking my head at you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By Justin258

@JasonR86 said:

@ThatPrimeGuy said:

ONLY A 9.75!?!

9.75!?!

/IGN reader

I'm struggling to put into words what I want to say. I don't think text does it. Just...just pretend you can see me shaking my head at you.

Couldn't he be, I dunno, sarcastic or something?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Sanity

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ThatPrimeGuy said:

ONLY A 9.75!?!

9.75!?!

/IGN reader

Na, no ones ever sarcastic on the internet. Serious business.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@ThatPrimeGuy: Yep

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JasonR86

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ThatPrimeGuy said:

ONLY A 9.75!?!

9.75!?!

/IGN reader

No.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Sooty

@whitespider said:

"What a joke, skyrim is a buggy game".

Nope but it is pretty broken on PS3, and it certainly was at launch.

Hilarious that this industry glazed over that and nobody bats an eyelid.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

How come all I have stuck in my head is The Brodeo's Shawn Elliott saying, "Why so low?"

Solarisala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Solarisala

I think I'm going to love Borderlands 2, just as much as I loved the first one. But frankly, I don't care what most of the "professional reviewers" score a game. I judge them based on my own opinion, and besides I can't trust reviewers anymore when they ignored the horrible ending to Mass Effect 3.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DoctorWelch

I think it deserved a 9.85, but that's just me...

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#81  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@BeachThunder: Agreed. I think game reviews have a lot of tie-in with the popularity of certain franchises. Best way to find out how good or bad a game is is just to pull the trigger and buy/play it.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By steveurkel

I just wish Borderlands 2 wasn't so terrible combat wise. The game has a serious lack of "feed back" and the entire game is a slog.

The first game had the worst ending of any game I've ever seen. Clap Trap completely ruined the enjoyment I had out of the game from the word "Go.". The "hurr" humor is kinda obnoxious and I really just want a serious game with maybe a few "haha" moments. 

I want blood and guts not cutesy crap like what the majority of first person shooters have came to. Syndicate did it FUCKING RIGHT. It reminded me of playing Urban Terror in Quake 3 combined with Doom in terms of pure visceral violence.

I originally started making a "best of FPS games in the past 10 years" and realized there is very few good FPS games. I got bored after 4 years. Anyways, if you played Quake competitively or Team Fortress (no not that garbage classic or 2 fuck off if you think those are "Team Fortress")  you would understand how it is so hard to play any game online these days. Also when it comes to single player games nothing beats Quake, or Doom. I also think SIN was one of the best first person shooters and it is really a shame Half Life came out the same month because SIN was 100x better. Half Life ruined the genre. There I said it. It is a "first person shooter", not a "first person story puzzle". 

This is why I really liked Syndicate. IT took the brutality of old school combat in first person shooters and combined it with a fast story - no dicking around or clicking on NPCs. KILL EVERYONE IN THE GOD DAMN ROOM, GO TO THE NEXT ROOM, KILL MORE. KILL AGAIN. KILL ALL OF THEM.

Good FPS games in the last 4 years? Uh Crysis, Far Cry, Syndicate, Metro 2033, Unreal Tournament 3 (cry, what a fucking shame one of the classics of the genre is gone),

First person shooter that were decent but not considered "Good" in the last 4 years? Wolfenstein, Stalker (I hated it, but whatever it was cool just a shitty game), Crysis 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ravenshield still one of the best KILL all the dudes games),

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JackOhara

@steveurkel said:

I just wish Borderlands 2 wasn't so terrible combat wise. The game has a serious lack of "feed back" and the entire game is a slog. The first game had the worst ending of any game I've ever seen. Clap Trap completely ruined the enjoyment I had out of the game from the word "Go.". The "hurr" humor is kinda obnoxious and I really just want a serious game with maybe a few "haha" moments. I want blood and guts not cutesy crap like what the majority of first person shooters have came to. Syndicate did it FUCKING RIGHT. It reminded me of playing Urban Terror in Quake 3 combined with Doom in terms of pure visceral violence. I originally started making a "best of FPS games in the past 10 years" and realized there is very few good FPS games. I got bored after 4 years. Anyways, if you played Quake competitively or Team Fortress (no not that garbage classic or 2 fuck off if you think those are "Team Fortress") you would understand how it is so hard to play any game online these days. Also when it comes to single player games nothing beats Quake, or Doom. I also think SIN was one of the best first person shooters and it is really a shame Half Life came out the same month because SIN was 100x better. Half Life ruined the genre. There I said it. It is a "first person shooter", not a "first person story puzzle". This is why I really liked Syndicate. IT took the brutality of old school combat in first person shooters and combined it with a fast story - no dicking around or clicking on NPCs. KILL EVERYONE IN THE GOD DAMN ROOM, GO TO THE NEXT ROOM, KILL MORE. KILL AGAIN. KILL ALL OF THEM.Good FPS games in the last 4 years? Uh Crysis, Far Cry, Syndicate, Metro 2033, Unreal Tournament 3 (cry, what a fucking shame one of the classics of the genre is gone), First person shooter that were decent but not considered "Good" in the last 4 years? Wolfenstein, Stalker (I hated it, but whatever it was cool just a shitty game), Crysis 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ravenshield still one of the best KILL all the dudes games),

I disagree with a lot of your points, but I think the recent Wolfenstein was underrated. I enjoyed the hell out of the shooting in that game, especially with the plasma cannon and the tesla cannon.

ThatPrimeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By ThatPrimeGuy

@steveurkel said:

I really just want a serious game

Sorry mate but the game was probably never for you in the first place then. That was like going a Lewis Black performance and expecting family friendly entertainment.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I used to read reviews, but then I saw this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.