Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Game won't stop auto-saving [PC]

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By JSwan13

[Minor Spoilers?] So I just beat Flynt and went to Claptrap's ship, when I hit the button to fast travel to Sanctuary it would not let me go because the game was auto-saving. I waited about 5 minutes and it was still saving. I tried to save and exit but that didn't work. I ended up having to quit while it was saving, which resulted in me losing all progress for that quest, and that didn't even fix the problem. Now I am by Sir Hammerlock and it is still auto-saving non stop. Anyone know a fix?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Hard save and restart the game? Or does BL2 not have manual saving?

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JSwan13

@Ravenlight: The only type of manual save is "save and exit", and that didn't work

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Uh... sounds like you might need to delete your save game and start anew.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Okay, are you playing the Steam version?

If so, try this:

• Restart your computer. (Seriously, this is the Holy Grail of tech support solutions, don't skip this step)

Then:

• Right click on the offending game in your Steam library and click Properties.
    • Shuffle on over to the Local files and click Verify integrity of game cache
    • Wait while Steam checks out your game files. This can take seconds or up to ten minutes depending how how big the game is (Team Fortress 2 is the only one I know that will take ten minutes).
    • If any files were missing or corrupt, Steam will redownload them and you should be good to go!
    JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JSwan13

@Ravenlight said:

Okay, are you playing the Steam version?

If so, try this:

• Restart your computer. (Seriously, this is the Holy Grail of tech support solutions, don't skip this step)

Then:

• Right click on the offending game in your Steam library and click Properties.
    • Shuffle on over to the Local files and click Verify integrity of game cache
    • Wait while Steam checks out your game files. This can take seconds or up to ten minutes depending how how big the game is (Team Fortress 2 is the only one I know that will take ten minutes).
    • If any files were missing or corrupt, Steam will redownload them and you should be good to go!

This worked, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.