Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Holding in the "use" button for mass pickup - question.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

Hello all,

Hopefully I am not asking a question that has already been asked, but I couldn't really find anything in the forums yet. I understand that money is now picked up automatically when walking within the given radius of the cash. However, something I found quite annoying in the original Borderlands was that when holding in the use button (X,Square,E) while pointed at a mass of weapons, grenade mods, etc., the act of doing so also automatically equipped said weapons. All I wanted to do was just pick up a bunch of stuff, not necessarily equip it. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved in Borderlands 2?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MideonNViscera

I think if there's a mess of weapons AND ammo/health/money you can hold the button while looking at the ammo/health/money and only pick that up, leaving the weapons. You then need to pick up the weapons individually. Which may be exactly like BL1 actually. If there's a trick to mass collecting weapons I'd like to know too.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

You can only pick up weapons piece by piece. I found that annoyed me in BL1 until I figured out to only target money/ammo while using the mass pick-up button. I figure they never thought about mass-gun pick up simply because ammo drops in heaps, weapons don't.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ervonymous

I never want to swap equipment like that after the first couple of hours so it is a pretty weird holdover.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By hbkdx12
    @MideonNViscera said:

I think if there's a mess of weapons AND ammo/health/money you can hold the button while looking at the ammo/health/money and only pick that up, leaving the weapons. You then need to pick up the weapons individually. Which may be exactly like BL1 actually. If there's a trick to mass collecting weapons I'd like to know too.

There really isn't any trick to it. you pretty much explained it. 

The only money/ammo/health you can auto pick up is the ones that are on the ground. If it's in a container you have to manually pick it up. 

But i imagine part of the reason they made it so you can auto pick up money/ammo/health is to make it easier for situations like the OP presents where you're not accidentally picking up/equipping weapons you may not want.
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rmills87

@hbkdx12 said:

@MideonNViscera said:

There really isn't any trick to it. you pretty much explained it. The only money/ammo/health you can auto pick up is the ones that are on the ground. If it's in a container you have to manually pick it up. But i imagine part of the reason they made it so you can auto pick up money/ammo/health is to make it easier for situations like the OP presents where you're not accidentally picking up/equipping weapons you may not want.

Exactly my point - if you kill a bunch of duders in one area and a few weapons happen to be withing a 2-foot radius, you would want to pick up all in the area and review the stats soon thereafter. However, the equipping of the weapons by holding in the use button is a pain.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By hbkdx12
    @rmills87: Seems more practical to pick up all the money/ammo/health and then inspect the stats of the gun while its on the floor to determine if its even worth equipping/picking up

Especially considering how balanced they've made the guns this time around
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87

@hbkdx12: I totally agree with what your saying, if you have a good idea of what you are using. Me on the other hand, I cannot retain stats of my currently most used weapons in memory, so I like to compare side by side, and even keep a bunch of weapons just to sell. Again, this is not a make-or-break issue in the new game, just a small inconvenience if it still holds true.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@MideonNViscera said:

I think if there's a mess of weapons AND ammo/health/money you can hold the button while looking at the ammo/health/money and only pick that up, leaving the weapons. You then need to pick up the weapons individually.

This is correct.

Simply hold the button while looking at the ammo/health/money to loot an area automatically. Weapons can then be picked up and/or examined seperately.

@rmills87: Whenever you are looking at a weapon on the ground your equipped weapon stats show up in the lower right corner.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rmills87

@Tennmuerti said:

@rmills87: Whenever you are looking at a weapon on the ground your equipped weapon stats show up in the lower right corner.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?????!!!!! I have put in over 100 hours into that goddamn game and I have NEVER noticed this. You have no idea how badly I can't wait to get home to look into this! I am absolutely dumbfounded. THANK YOU ANGEL WEARING JEANS!!! Seriously though, thank you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

I don't remember weapons being included in the "mass pick up" thing in the first Borderlands. I know that if you hold the X button while facing a weapon, it will equip that weapon. If you just want to pick it up, tap X. Or E. Or Square.

Why would you want to mass collect weapons? Clogs up inventory.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mosespippy

@believer258 said:

I don't remember weapons being included in the "mass pick up" thing in the first Borderlands. I know that if you hold the X button while facing a weapon, it will equip that weapon. If you just want to pick it up, tap X. Or E. Or Square.

Why would you want to mass collect weapons? Clogs up inventory.

Trolling co-op partners maybe. I came across an area yesterday with 5 or 6 weapon chests and my co-op partners snapped up every blue and purple item the instant they saw them. It's be even easier with mass weapon pick up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.