Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

How many guns?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Dagbiker

Originality I was planing to carry one, of each elemental type of gun. But then I did the math on that and realized that would take 25 slots, out of my maxed, 27 slots, not including my equip slots. Which sounds like way too many. So I'm just wondering, how many guns do you carry at any one time, and what type of guns do you carry at any one time?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

4-6 guns, including 4 equip slots, so 0-2 backback slots used

At least all 3 basic elemental types, maybe a slag, a rocket launcher to get out of second wind easy. Plus a wildcard or two. Types: mostly SMG/Sniper, rampage gunzerker needs a tight spread and fully auto fire,

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

I only kept guns for my slots I had open at the time, plus maybe one or two more. I have a hard time replacing gear completely and it usually takes me several levels past a gun's effectiveness to finally sell it.

I played Siren first. I always had an SMG in the main slot (with some kind of elemental damage), a high damage pistol, a shotgun, and an assault rifle. I usually had a sniper rifle tucked away for things like constructors or bosses and sometimes had another elemental weapon on standby.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Barrabas

I keep one for each type of ammo. I will also keep an extra slag weapon and corrosive weapon on hand if those elemental types aren't on any of the other weapons I want to be using regularly. They're just too useful. So I'm keeping between 6 - 8 weapons on me at all times. I also keep a fire weapon in my bank just in case. I haven't had a quest that requires one for a while, but the game sure had a fetish for requiring that elemental type in the beginning.

Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
    SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SuicidalSnowman

I keep one for each active slot, and anything in my backpack is headed for the vendor. But I play mostly co-op, so the chances of neither of us having the right weapon for the job is slim.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By falserelic

As long as the gun shells doesn't hit your partner's face then its all good.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

Ok, I think I will slim my pickings down.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BoFooQ

I'm shocked how few guns some of you seem to be using. I have 10-15 guns all the time. I usually keep 3 guns I like and switch in and out the last trying out in guns. I shot almost everything before I sell it, excluding clear cut trash. I like trying out the new stuff, and whenever rolling into n important fight I just switch back to what I know works.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By myke_tuna

I only carry 4-5 guns that I actively use. I try everything I pick up that seems interesting, but that mostly gets marked as trash and I go on my way. Just recently got the 4th weapon slot and I just stick a rocket launcher in there for those dire situations.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Maybe around 10, including equipped weapons.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Zombie_

7-12. I usually have three snipers, two SMG's, two shotguns, an assault rifle or two, and 2-3 pistols.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

4-7. At least one of each type of gun.

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By laussica

I'm still pretty early game at level 14 but I've been only keeping 3 guns on me, one fire, one corrosive and one wildcard, I'm very pro sell guns and hate having to drop loot

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Pinworm45

Play a commando. Shotgun in slot one, Assault Rifle in slot two, Sniper Rifle in slot three, and Rocket Launcher in slot 4. Keep nothing else, sell everything.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hitchenson

Corrosive/Fire smg, Slag sniper and a rocket which is mostly just for easy second winds. Sometimes I'll carry a couple other guns like a Jakobs revolver in my inv, but seeing as though I rarely switched to them it's mainly just those four for now.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

6 sniper rifles. One with high damage, one with a high rate of fire and 4 elemental sniper rifles. Also a rocket launcher and shotgun. So 8 weapons.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigdaddy81

@rebgav said:

My Siren currently carries SMGs for fire, corrosion and shields, a rocket launcher, a fire shotgun, a vanilla shotgun, a corrosive sniper, a corrosive pistol, an explosive pistol and a plain assault rifle.

I like versatility and I don't like running out of ammo in the middle of a fight. I usually carry 8-10 guns covering all types and effects (except slag because, eh) and I'll switch them out depending on the area/team composition.

I can tell you from personal experience that slag is a lot more useful (one could argue downright necessary) once you start your second playthrough. Fire still does pretty well but most of the enemies suck up bullets like it's nothing until they are slagged. It's a pity I sold a really good slag pistol just before I started my second run. Like you, I never had a use for it in the first run.

So my advice for the second playthough: Slag'em and tag'em.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By HH

i usually carry a back up alternate for each slot, where the top slot is my main weapon, always a Torgue AR or Pistol (Siren motion build), left is either sniper or rockets, right is smg, and down is shotgun.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MideonNViscera

Just 4. My commando has a rocket launcher, pistol, shotgun and either an SMG or assault rifle depending what I've found most recently. My assassin uses a sniper, pistol, smg, and assault rifle I think.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By fattony12000

One weapon for each element is a bare minimum, the rest is just for fun.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By golguin

2-4 different elements for SMG, Pistol, Assault Rifle, and shotgun. I also carry a very powerful sniper and rocket launcher. With the other equipment I carry it's about 14-17 full slots at any given time so I have like 10 slots for random pickups on the the field.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Playing as the assassin, I've settled into pretty much always keeping a sniper rifle, slag weapon, and melee-boosting weapon on my quick-draw bar at all times, with the other slot switched between Moxxi's Bad Touch and Good Touch as needed for elemental damage. A Tediore rocket launcher in the bag for emergencies, and I'm pretty much set. Leaves me around 24 slots to pick other stuff up, usually, which works out nicely when I spend 40,000 dollars on the slot machines at Moxxi's bar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.