Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

How many side quests are worth doing?

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cubidog1

Are there a bunch of collect X things, kill X creatures? Those aren't the ones I want to do.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By landon

All of them if you want your character to level up faster.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Landon said:

All of them if you want your character to level up faster.

/thread 

I did all of them. This is the best answer. Loot you get and dont want just sell. 
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

The firehawk chain is worth it because I think you get a pretty good orange shield out of it if I can remember right.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I don't remember there being a ton of collect x items or kill x creature missions. Most of the side missions are good and like someone else said you level up faster.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

So far I have done them all, whats the point of buying Borderlands if your not doing side quests?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

The only reason to not do the sidequests would be if you wanted to get less gameplay, dialogue, and loot out of your Borderlands experience.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

@StarvingGamer said:

The only reason to not do the sidequests would be if you wanted to get less gameplay, dialogue, and loot out of your Borderlands experience.

This.

By the way, no, very few quests are pure fetch/kill quests. They mix it up from quest to quest so they don't get boring.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hbkdx12

Certain side missions have good loot. Especially if you do them on your 2.5 playthrough

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

All quests have unique dialogue, and I did all of them except for the timed ones.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jazzycola

@laserbolts said:

The firehawk chain is worth it because I think you get a pretty good orange shield out of it if I can remember right.

Even quest designated loot is kind of random even when doing co-op. I got a better shotgun than my friend at the same level for the same quest reward. Also the firehawk questline is the worst questline I have done in BL2.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By punisherkaos

All of em, I honestly couldnt even think there would be another way to play borderlands

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

I have tried to do all of them, but by the time I'd gotten around to Eridium Blight the thought of doing another one of those timed letterbox challenges made me feel sick. The first one was ok, but the one in the Highlands was a total nightmare.

I don't know why you're playing Borderlands if you are not going to do most of/all the side quests.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By neurotic

I do all of them except those goddamned time-based ones. Those ones suck. I had a bad experience with the one where you get a bunch of arms for Zed when I was playing Siren so I just said 'Fuck it' and my Mechromancer doesn't do none of that shit. Maybe I'll finish em off when I'm about to beat the game but I'll have to be in a good mood.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Zombie_

@Neurotic said:

I do all of them except those goddamned time-based ones. Those ones suck. I had a bad experience with the one where you get a bunch of arms for Zed when I was playing Siren so I just said 'Fuck it' and my Mechromancer doesn't do none of that shit. Maybe I'll finish em off when I'm about to beat the game but I'll have to be in a good mood.

Oh, yeah. Fuck the timed missions. I only managed to do the one Marcus gives you in the Eridium Blight, and even that ended with me frustrated.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mosespippy

@Neurotic said:

They do suck. I did one of them when I was in a 4 player game so we had people in position when the timer started. For Zed's arm one I set up both vehicles, drove around in one to collect the items, collected the last one near a vehicle station and teleported to the second vehicle that was right at the turn in point.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Every Side Quest is needed for character leveling. I did almost all of them. (Except the Crawmerax type ones.) They were fine.

I did the timed ones too. Didn't think they were all that bad. The only one I hated was the "Deliver the Mail" type quest. Fucking bandits.

sikapwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sikapwach

@Jazzycola said:

@laserbolts said:

Even quest designated loot is kind of random even when doing co-op. I got a better shotgun than my friend at the same level for the same quest reward. Also the firehawk questline is the worst questline I have done in BL2.

I'm pretty sure the final mission in the Firehawk line always gives a legendary shield.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jazzycola

@sikapwach said:

@Jazzycola said:

@laserbolts said:

I'm pretty sure the final mission in the Firehawk line always gives a legendary shield.

Just because the shield is blue, purple, or orange doesn't mean that the stats for said shield are actually good.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Robo

I did all but the last couple of rounds in the second arena place you find in Eridium Blight. Only because it was pretty clear from the previous rounds and the other arena near The Fridge that you really shouldn't be doing them until you're either ridiculously over-leveled or have a decent group.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 137

did all of them... I was told that if you wait until you're lvl 50 then do them, the loot also gets better with your levels you gain... So I want to get to level 50 and get the sweet ass talking robot shield haha

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zaccheus

Fuck the timed ones, otherwise everything.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@137 said:

did all of them... I was told that if you wait until you're lvl 50 then do them, the loot also gets better with your levels you gain... So I want to get to level 50 and get the sweet ass talking robot shield haha

As a correction, you should be aware that you have to wait until you're level 50 and finish the the second playthough before even ACCEPTING side quests, if you want to get level 50 rewards for those quests.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 137

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@137 said:

As a correction, you should be aware that you have to wait until you're level 50 and finish the the second playthough before even ACCEPTING side quests, if you want to get level 50 rewards for those quests.

Yeah, what you said... It's late and I've been on a conference call all night at work. Forgive me! (please send cake and doughnuts maybe some milk too)

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rafaelfc

I've been doing everything so far, just past the mission involving Bloodwing,

I have been clearing every side quest before tackling the main quest and so far, I've been grossly overleveled for all the story stuff...

Still having tons of fun though.

RiteHandLuv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RiteHandLuv

How do you start 2.5? IS it similar to TVHM where you can select 2.5 from the menu, or does it overwrite you previous TVHM playthrough?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.