Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Issue with Borderlands 2 on Steam

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By pa21ris

Everything worked fine 3 days ago. Then last night (October 2) I tried loading the game, it started to update game files but stopped at 1% and then got a error for servers being too busy and to try again later with error code (55). I went into game properties and verified game files, 100% completed no errors. I even deleted local content and redownloaded borderlands 2, but still got the same error. I went to steam forums and did what the main sticky told me to do and same error code.

Is anyone else getting this error and does anyone know of a fix? Or should I just post over at Gearbox's forum?

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mekon

If it still complains that the steam servers are too busy you could try changing your default Steam download servers temporarily and re-check your cache files - it's under Steam->Settings->Downloads+Cloud->Download Region.

I've done this a few times when Steam is busy.

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pa21ris

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if I was the only one. I will try the different region thing.Thought it was weird that Steam of all places would have trouble with servers. I know they have to do maintenance on them but I wonder why they wouldn't post something in the community about it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@mekon said:

If it still complains that the steam servers are too busy you could try changing your default Steam download servers temporarily and re-check your cache files - it's under Steam->Settings->Downloads+Cloud->Download Region.

I've done this a few times when Steam is busy.

Yup. Every time a big new TF2 update drops, it seems like I can pull the biggest download numbers from China for some reason.

@pa21ris said:

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if I was the only one. I will try the different region thing.Thought it was weird that Steam of all places would have trouble with servers. I know they have to do maintenance on them but I wonder why they would post something in the community about it.

If you're still running into trouble after switching download regions, just leave Steam idle for like ten minutes. At peak download times, sometimes Steam stops reporting download info correctly. I've had downloads jump from 2% to like 80% just by waiting it out.

If the update is STILL b0rked, give this a go:

• Close Steam and make sure it's not open in your task manager. If it's still in task manager after you close it, force-kill the process.
    • Open up your Steam installation directory. It's most likely C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
    • Delete the files appupdatestats.blob and clientregistry.blob. Doing this will force Steam to validate its own installation and check all of your installed games for updates.
    • Restart Steam and let it update itself.
    • PROFIT!

Good luck!

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pa21ris

Will try when I get home, thanks to everyone for the help on this.

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pa21ris

@Ravenlight: @feathersword: @mekon: Thanks for all the help. It didnt work, but I did find this on the Steam forums under Borderlands 2.

CousinBenson 3 hours ago

hey guys, to fix, opt out of steam beta :)

As easy as that I opt out and don't you know its working just fine now. Just crazy.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By bibamatt

@pa21ris: Dammit, the Steam beta opt-out isn't working for me. Still getting the same problem as you were. Aaaaaaaargh.

EDIT - restarted Steam a few more times and it seemed to force an update for about six games. Working now! Thanks for the tip, duder!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

@pa21ris said:

hey guys, to fix, opt out of steam beta :)

As easy as that I opt out and don't you know its working just fine now. Just crazy.

What a weird bug. Thanks for posting the fix!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.