Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Level 50 and then what?

ColdPhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ColdPhone

I don't mean this in a negative way. I never played the first game and I'm enjoying playing this one, but what is the incentive to keep playing after level 50 other than waiting for DLC? Once you've farmed/found/traded all the loot that you want, what do you do with it? Just keep playing the game over and over?

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By envane

get more guns .. get class mods , relics , stuff .. get money , get ready for dlc .... but yeah lol you hit the nail on the head for this gameplay model ... and many others

get more badass rank ?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

Try a different class or finish any challenges you have left. Besides that I can't think of anything else to do until DLC. It is still a ton of value for $60 if you stop at 50.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By solidwolf52

I'll probably give the other characters a try and prepare for the DLC.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Find a group and play it with 4 people. 

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@ColdPhone said:

I don't mean this in a negative way. I never played the first game and I'm enjoying playing this one, but what is the incentive to keep playing after level 50 other than waiting for DLC? Once you've farmed/found/traded all the loot that you want, what do you do with it? Just keep playing the game over and over?

Start a new game with a new character

Keep leveling up that badass rank

Start a split screen game, go get random crap loot weapons as the level 50 character, give them to the second player, save it, quit, start a new game with a new character and have the 2nd player be the one with all the guns, give them to your level 1 character, sell them all, have a character with basically infinite money at the beginning of the game.

I still do this with the original Borderlands.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Portis

Love this game, but I certainly won't be going through a second time around when I finish to get to level 50. I don't like it that much. If I get to level 50 while play through all of the DLC, then that'll be cool.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By envane

@SomeDeliCook: sounds fun man

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

By the time you get to 50 and are able to kill all the extra endgame bosses and get all the lvl 50 orange loot you would have spent dozens of hours on this game. My playtime with gunzerker is almost 90 hours and I have only started to farm lvl 50 legendary items

A good stopping point if you are looking for one is killing Terramorphous by yourself and his equivalent Vermivorous the Invincible. Both will crush you if you just got to 50 and still in basic gear.

Then there is: co-op, other characters, DLC later. If you still want more.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Devil240Z

Badass ranks. I'm going to be farming badass ranks. starting new characters. getting more badass.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By korwin

You beat the game, gratz.

ColdPhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ColdPhone

Thanks for the responses, folks. I'm currently level 20 and I'm just not as much into it as I was when I started it. Maybe I've spoiled too much of it for myself looking at the higher-level loot, I dunno. Also, I don't really get much chance to play with friends, so that might factor into it, too.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Then you can start up the game and look at all that shiny orange legendary loot you got.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By fobwashed

I got to 50, killed that raid boss a few times and then haven't opened the game again since. I hit 50 before beating the game the second time around and just not seeing the exp pop up whenever I killed anything anymore made me feel like I should just stop. I don't really see the point in collecting better loot at this point because I don't feel like there's anything else I want to kill. It also seems like there's specific things that randomly drop specific types/pieces of loot that ppl are farming. . . . not for me.

Game was great fun, but just like Diablo 3, once I hit the lvl cap, I just didn't feel like better loot was good enough a reason to continue sinking my time into the game. Maybe it's just because I have so many other things I need to do -_-;;

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wjb

Play something else???

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By huntad

After level 50 you've probably beat the game twice right? What more do you want? Isn't that around 20-30 hours of playtime at least if you're playing it to enjoy it?

I'm just saying that games don't have to go on forever, not that you're necessarily complaining and whining. To be helpful, I'll suggest trying out new characters, different builds, and other stuff while playing with some friends.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

S rank it.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#18  Edited By UltorOscariot

I would stop playing for now or roll a new character. Because DLC that raises that level cap, and new gear renders the end of game loot obsolete is practically an absolute certainty. I don't have ton of time to sink games, and to not feel a sense of meaningful progress is a deal killer to me. But that's me.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Barrabas

Yeah, once I hit level 50 and have beaten the game twice I'll basically be done until DLC comes out. I might do Terramorphus, I might not. I never really got the appeal of continuing to farm loot based rpgs after you've reached level cap and finished all the content.

I do really hope they up the level cap in the DLC. I can't remember if they did that for the first game, but one of the achievements hints toward it. I want to be able to throw out two double barreled rocket launching turrets real bad. Sadly, right now the most I can have is one.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Vinny_Says

Make every weapon/shield/relic/grenade mod spot in your inventory Orange.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lukeweizer

Isn't there a 3rd playthrough mode now? I imagine you get to level 50 in your 2nd, then start a 3rd? Maybe there's better loot.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By ki11tank

level 50 and 2 plays could easily be over 50 hours without tons of side stuff, for $60, consider it money well spent and move on?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Lukeweizer said:

Isn't there a 3rd playthrough mode now? I imagine you get to level 50 in your 2nd, then start a 3rd? Maybe there's better loot.

No. Like in the first Borderlands there is what people call a 2.5 playthrough. Basically you are still in 2nd playthrough but after beating the game all enemies and previous bosses will scale to levels 50-52.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.