Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Looks like the DLC will be from the Sorcery devs

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bane122

I wonder if this will affect sales of the season pass. Probably not but it's stopped me from getting it for now.

Like the original Borderlands before it, Borderlands 2 will have a number of lengthy DLC expansions. The first may be coming from The Workshop, developers of the recently-released PlayStation Move game, Sorcery.

Resumes from current and former employees of the developer indicate they are working on an expansion, currently named "Torgue"--the same name as one of the weapons manufacturers of Pandora.

Little is known about the expansion, but as Superannation notes on Kotaku, this "unannounced expansion" promises to have over ten hours of gameplay. As previously announced, each expansion pack will cost $10 but you can also pick up a season pass if you like what you're playing so far.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75842/borderlands-2-dlc-being-developed-sorcery-dev

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

Doesn't really change anything for me. I was going to wait until the DLC is out to decide to buy it or not. After Mad Moxie I don't trust them enough to invest in a season pass.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I had no intention of getting the season pass anyway.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silvergun

Yeah, I can't think of any game I'd buy a season pass for, but that said, most of Borderland's DLC was fantastic so I've got high hopes for what will be coming.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

After Mad Moxxi it's wise to wait for reviews on all Borderlands DLC.

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BreakfastKing

Mad Moxxi wasn't great, but I don't think reading a review beforehand would have made me not buy it. For certain games, I'll just pick up whatever comes out for it (within reason) just because I'm itching for more content. I realized that 1) It's not like I was going to wait to play borderlands 2 until a GOTY edition came out and 2) I'd just end up buying all the DLC along the way anyway.

So yeah, I season pass'd it up. What remains to be seen is how happy I'll be with that purchase.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marcsman

Yeah I have to agree. Mad Moxxi ruined the season pass.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By JoeyRavn

@laserbolts said:

Doesn't really change anything for me. I was going to wait until the DLC is out to decide to buy it or not. After Mad Moxie I don't trust them enough to invest in a season pass.

Yeah, this. Mad Moxxi was... bad.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

All of the Borderlands DLC with the exception of Mad Moxxi was good to pretty great. When GMG had the BL2 Season Pass for $22.50, I didn't even think about it, I just got. I'm not worried.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaggE

... I liked Mad Moxxi... :( It needed shorter arenas so that it wouldn't be such a massive time investment, not to mention difficulty balancing, but it was a nice diversion.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DarthOrange

I'm waiting for the Game of the Year Edition next year, same as I did with the original Borderlands. Hopefully it turns out good. I'm still waiting for the Skyrim re-release as well.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catarrhal

They've learned their lesson with Moxxi, and what's more important is this: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is arguably the greatest DLC ever made.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#13  Edited By Lazyaza

I learned my lesson with season passes already. Never buying one ever again because the quality and value of dlc's just isn't guaranteed at all. I assume Jeff will end up doing quicklooks for all four so I'll wait for him to take the bullet for us and let us know if they suck haha.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Eaxis

I will buy the dlc when it's on sale like I did with the first one and other games.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By huntad

I don't really want DLC for this game.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By colourful_hippie

I'll wait till they come out before judging.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Unlogik

I jumped on the season's pass because I feel like they will come through and I don't mind throwing more money at a game I love.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By shinboy630

@Krakn3Dfx said:

All of the Borderlands DLC with the exception of Mad Moxxi was good to pretty great. When GMG had the BL2 Season Pass for $22.50, I didn't even think about it, I just got. I'm not worried.

I did the same thing, even if only 2 out of the 4 or so packs that will probably come out are good, that price is totally worth it.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

This doesn't really worry me. The Robolution DLC was outsourced to another dev and that still turned out pretty good. I'll pick up the season pass when the first DLC hits. No reason to get it now.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By j3ffro919

Personally the timing of DLC is almost as important as the quality. If I am still entrenched in the game and really enjoying it when DLC comes out, like the Porsche expansion for Forza 4 or first couple helpings of DLC for Saints Row 3 or Battlefield 3, then I will play it. But, if DLC looks and sounds appealing for a game that I really enjoyed but have moved on from, Skyrim for example, it's very unlikely I'll bother.

That said I'm pretty sure Borderlands 2 is going to be a mainstay in my Xbox for quite a while.

Also, I liked the Moxxi expansion far more than the Zombie expac - but I came late to the game and got it all in GOTY version.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By Killercombo

for £8 all the DLC if I get a few hours I will be happy.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@ShaggE said:

... I liked Mad Moxxi... :( It needed shorter arenas so that it wouldn't be such a massive time investment, not to mention difficulty balancing, but it was a nice diversion.

Ditto. At first I hated it, but it grew on me rather quickly. Knoxx is still my favorite dlc, but I like Moxxi a hell of a lot more than Zombie Island and Robot Revolution. Go figure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.