Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Map problems

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I finally got around to playing borderlands 2 and i'm having some issues. My main issue is the map. It has been showing things that just are not there, like ammo and health vending machines. They show up on the map but not in the game. Also I used alt-tab to check my email quick the other day and when I was done I went to click on the BL2 icon but before I clicked I noticed it said Borderlands 2 (32 bit DX9). Is there a way to play in DX10 or 11?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

That's happened to me before. Those vending machines are probably above / below you.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@funzzo:

I'm pretty sure I know the exact area you're referring to, and it's not a bug. The machines are later in the level. The map just doesn't show you elevation changes. You'll loop back around and end up at the vending machines

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Yeah, the map is kind of confusing when it comes to elevation. They really needed a 3D Metroid Prime/Dead Space-ish map if they were going to have those kinds of elevation changes.

In the meantime, Borderlands 2 is a DX9-only game as far as I know. They did a ton of stuff to make it one of those games that stand as an example of how to do a PC port, so the lack of DX10 or 11 when it already looks so damn good for the most part doesn't bother me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.