Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

PC version

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

if you wanted to know what the PC version looks like... here is the first 20min I did last night - 2560x1600.. maxed settings.

I even kicked up PhysX up (even tho i'm using ATI cards). I wonder what that adds - other than on doorway with a cloth in from of it.

Anyone up for some co-op action on the PC?

(edit: ooops.. there is a full thread with co-op ppl )

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

holy shipsicles that looks amazing

Kete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kete

If you're interested in what PhysX adds they put out a trailer for it.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By Mnemoidian

Looking good!

Here's what PhysX does, supposedly:

Stupid Europe not getting the stupid game stupidly unlocked until stupid friday. Stupid. :|

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

@Zurv: What are your PC specs?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

So... is there a way to unlock this game early with a VPN or something? Consequence free, of course.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By bibamatt

@AlisterCat: I unlocked my UK copy first thing this morning. I used https://www.privatetunnel.com/ (free) and it worked a treat. Just staying offline until Thursday midnight. As far as consequences go, I've read tonnes and tonnes of folk saying that they do this for every major release and have never had a problem. Read one Steam staff guy on the forums saying that he uses a VPN when on a public network and one Steam guy saying that using a VPN is against the terms of service. I, like hundreds of others it seems, threw caution to the wind.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alistercat

@bibamatt: Hmmm... I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I want to play online. Might just wait.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By bibamatt

@AlisterCat: Oh if you want to play online, you can just leave the VPN active. I just wanted my VPN off so I switched Steam to offline mode (because as soon as it see's you as UK, it sets the game back to pre-loaded mode). But yeah, it's not that long to wait if you can!

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ghost_cat

Ugh, I am still debating about this game. I wasn't a fan of the first one because everything I did or see seem to repeat a little too frequently, even if the gameplay was fun. Looks more varied in this sequel.

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phyrlord

Jesus man, your computer can barely run it at that res, I couldn't even watch the video, my eyes started watering due to the 25fps in combat.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZimboDK

@AlisterCat said:

So... is there a way to unlock this game early with a VPN or something? Consequence free, of course.

Careful about that. When Steam last updated their terms of service, they specifically added in a section about VPN's. Basically, they don't want you to do it.

I've personally used a VPN several times, but I'm not sure I want to risk it anymore.

EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

@Zurv: I just got back into PC gaming with a new rig I built. Bought a GTX 670 and got a copy Borderlands 2 with it. I would love to play online with some Giantbomb folks. Anyone feel free to add me for this or any other game. EvilGreenDevil on Steam.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By alistercat

@ZimboDK said:

@AlisterCat said:

Careful about that. When Steam last updated their terms of service, they specifically added in a section about VPN's. Basically, they don't want you to do it.

I've personally used a VPN several times, but I'm not sure I want to risk it anymore.

Yeah, I've decided against it. Even if the risk is low, It's not worth it. I have a lot of games!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti

Just got my PC workign properly again. Game looks amazing indeed on the PC maxed and running at a smooth 60fps. Loads of graphical options.

The inventory system is the only thing that still seems like a console designed thing.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By mosdl

@Tennmuerti said:

Just got my PC workign properly again. Game looks amazing indeed on the PC maxed and running at a smooth 60fps. Loads of graphical options.

The inventory system is the only thing that still seems like a console designed thing.

You can drag and drop stuff using the mouse in the inventory that makes it much easier to use.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mirado

@Zurv: Just want to let you in on a tip: turn Vsync on or cap the frame rate. Since you seem to be running way over 60FPS, all those extra frames are being wasted and can lead to some wonderful screen tearing. Your monitor can only display whatever it's refresh rate is, so you are better off capping the FPS to your refresh rate as big FPS numbers aren't doing anything but making it look worse, oddly enough.

Since this game has the option to cap the FPS I'd try that first as you can introduce a bit of input lag (although usually imperceptible, even to someone like me) with Vsync. Make sure you throw on triple buffering on your GPU's control panel if you go with the 2nd option.

Give it a shot, see if it does anything for you. Good or bad, you can always change it back.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ripelivejam

curse my HD 6850 and lack of PhysX :fallen:

but i'm still pleased as punch w/ the PC version. hope it ends up becoming a popular mainstay on PC as a result of the TLC it got.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By alistercat

@ripelivejam: You can get PhysX on AMD cards. Well, I mean without an Nvidia. I'm not much help right now but google it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.