Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

PS3 Save File For Use on PC

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kenjisalk

Just finished a playthrough on PS3 via split-screen co-op (my wife and I are huge fans and love playing through it together), but we'd like to carry our save files/characters over to the PC when she builds her new gaming rig in a few weeks.

Is there any way to extract our game data and use it on the PC version of the game or are we stuck rerolling when we pick up the steam version? I couldnt find anything online definitively on the subject.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By envane

yeah you are stuck .. (long answer : there may be a way but its probably extremely convoluted , and if theyre encrypted save files then theres no chance at all. )

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kenjisalk

bummer, I was afraid of that. I wanted to get it on PC originally but without split-screen co-op there'd been no point. :(

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ApeGantz

I hope that you can at least do this, but not the other way around.

That's how BL1 became exploited badly.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

PC save files are encrypted and have not yet been decoded as far as I know.

So no.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't think SONY has the heart or the balls to create files than can actually be used on a PC, so I don't think so. Either that or I just have an impression that my PS3 is a weak useless shit box.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tebbit

@AhmadMetallic said:

I don't think SONY has the heart or the balls to create files than can actually be used on a PC, so I don't think so. Either that or I just have an impression that my PS3 is a weak useless shit box.

That's not very supportive. Playstations need to be nurtured, lest they grow up and become street thugs who beat their wives.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@AhmadMetallic said:

That's not up to Sony. Steam made cross-platform savegames possible with Portal 2, GearBox could have put the extra effort into making that happen also. Microsoft prohibits 3rd party software like Steam uses to make cross-platform savefiles possible, so for GearBox to go through all that trouble for one platform isn't worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.