Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Question about Co-op Split Screen Play

godfather40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By godfather40

Hey all, really leaning towards picking up this game but just had a quick question. Hoping someone can confirm

If you want to play online with a friend on split screen co-op, is it possible to do it on one Xbox Live Gold account and have the friend's stats and loot and whatnot be saved to the single gold account or do you both need Gold accounts? Thanks in advance!!

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Thoseposers

I'd imagine both players would need gold accounts because that's how it usually works, like with Halo, but don't quote me on that because i've only been playing local split screen co op

godfather40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By godfather40

Ah I see..so there wouldn't be any sort of guest option that would be able to save?

mrburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mrburger

I have a Gold Account and my girlfriend doesn't. We go into the game through her profile, rather than mine. We have to play offline, but at least this way it saves both of our progresses.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By living4theday258

sadly it is most likely impossible without 2 gold accounts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.