Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

The Border Lands (16-bit "demake")

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

As if many of you weren't already excited enough for Borderlands 2, Gearbox has put out their own 16-bit version of Borderlands, simply called 'The Border Lands'. I guess they weren't planning on using that name for the gritty, realistic BL reboot in a few years. It's a top-down arena-style arcade shooter, complete with a simplified version of leveling and loot. I've no idea how long it goes on for, but my high score was 37576. I think this is a pretty awesome little promo game they put out here.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

This is awesome.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That's pretty neat.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MrMazz

I've played to much of this

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

Apparently only 20 copies exist....

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I played for like 20 minutes and had to force myself to stop!
    Rail gun is overpowered!

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jozzy

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I played for like 20 minutes and had to force myself to stop! Rail gun is overpowered!

Yeah, once I had the rail gun I started having real fun with this. The flame thrower is pretty useful too. Played it for 10 mins, got 42500 points. Thanks OP for letting me know this exists.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    I played for like 20 minutes and had to force myself to stop! Rail gun is overpowered!
    For sure. I found one that had a two-way shot that was destroying everything with ease. I hope the inclusion of rail guns and flamethrowers in this thing means they will be in BL2.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @OneKillWonder_: I heard it confirmed today somewhere that there is a Eridian mod or something in BL2 that heavily changes a weapons effects, turning a sniper into a rail gun for example.
    That's what I know at least.
    Greeny83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Greeny83

369,001 and an XP level of 170. And that's only because I gave up. I was down to one life at around 20,000 or so but then I picked up a 2 way railgun that pretty much got me to the 300,000 mark. I noticed at that point that I was killing so many enemies in such a short amount of time that I was leveling up so often, and my max HP was so high that any damage the enemies could do to me was rendered moot, even when I was getting pummeled by several badass enemies at once. It got to a point where the levels weren't really getting any more difficult so I picked up a focused Eridian weapon just to try something new, but it turns out I was tearing everything up with that, too. That's when I just decided to throw my last life away. It's definitely one of those games that gets easier the further you get.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.