Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

The "humor" in this game is atrocious

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By HerbieBug

Stuff like "you stole my hitpoints" is too on the nose, but overall it's amusing enough.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By Scotto

@Krakn3Dfx said:

Mr. "Shoot Me In The Face" is HI-larious.

Yep, that was definitely a laugh out loud moment for me.

Anyway, congratulations to the OP. You get a merit badge for having a sophisticated sense of humour.

I generally find the internet meme references un-funny, but so what? They are like 5% of the jokes in the game.

Until they make a Louis CK game, I will probably never find any funny game 100% funny. And they will never make that game, because they need to sell to a wider audience of tastes. So quit being a snob, and get over the occasional line that makes you grimace. Claiming that memes are the basis for the humour in this game just demonstrates that you either a) haven't played much, to see how incorrect that is, or b) you've allowed snobbery to colour your perception of an otherwise well-written game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Hearing a bandit yell "I am the one who knocks!" may not be super funny but it made me squeal as a fan of Breaking Bad.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#204  Edited By PandaBear

@familyphotoshoot said:

@louiedog:

No Caption Provided

I was about ready to write off this post ... but jeezus ... this is some lazy shit.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#205  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@MariachiMacabre said:

Hearing a bandit yell "I am the one who knocks!" may not be super funny but it made me squeal as a fan of Breaking Bad.

Holy shit I thought I was hallucinating when I heard that!!!! They actually say it? It made me freeze in my place!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Scotto said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

THANK YOU.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#207  Edited By HH

why is this thread still riding the front page? the game CLEARLY has humor way above the industry standard, and way beyond the capabilites of all the know-it-all nerks giving themselves credit for being able to spot an internet meme. find some perspective ffs.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#208  Edited By Tennmuerti

@HH said:

why is this thread still riding the front page? the game CLEARLY has humor way above the industry standard, and way beyond the capabilites of all the know-it-all nerks giving themselves credit for being able to spot an internet meme. find some perspective ffs.

That's exactly why it's riding the front page. It's controversial, and controversy is what makes most people respond most easily.

A lot of people clearly like the humor and are posting to contradict the negativity.

@PandaBear: That's not where the game's humor lies. Do people look through a games achievements for humor now? Because that's almost exactly what those challanges are, just internal achievements. There's 100x more writing and though in the games nooks and crannies and peripheral dialogue.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#209  Edited By Yummylee

@HistoryInRust said:

@Scotto said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

THANK YOU.

I just completed that 'quest' and it had me giggling for a while. That ''Sarcastic Slab'' guy was pretty hilarious as well.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210  Edited By PandaBear

@Tennmuerti said:

@HH said:

That's exactly why it's riding the front page. It's controversial, and controversy is what makes most people respond most easily.

A lot of people clearly like the humor and are posting to contradict the negativity.

@PandaBear: That's not where the game's humor lies. Do people look through a games achievements for humor now? Because that's almost exactly what those challanges are, just internal achievements. There's 100x more writing and though in the games nooks and crannies and peripheral dialogue.

Fair enough ... I did jump the gun a little too quickly. My bad.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#211  Edited By golguin

@AhmadMetallic said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

Holy shit I thought I was hallucinating when I heard that!!!! They actually say it? It made me freeze in my place!

That's pretty amazing. Know that's there I wonder how many lines like that exist in the game. I feel like I've heard similar one liners because I distinctly remember thinking, "woah, they said that thing", but I can't remember any right now (not counting mission specific ones).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.