Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Unlimited golden keys on PC

• 61 results
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Rhaknar

why the fuck would i ruin the game like that?

Avatar image for gorndonfredoman
    gorndonfredoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By gorndonfredoman

Gearbox should have a message pop for that chest, seemingly a lot of people just assumed it was a new kind of chest. I personally blew mine early because I somehow managed 3 early game legendary drops and had an out of wack sense of how rarity works in this game (yet to see a purple in the wild so, weirdly I guess).

Gave myself an extra because I don't feel like signing up for whatever shift is.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@SomeDeliCook said:

If you're going to use this glitch, use it now. Create a new character, give him all the keys you want, save it, never use him again until later on if you feel like cheating. Otherwise, Gearbox are going to fix this.

I wouldn't bet on it personally. I've seen a lot of PC games with hackable .ini files that let you cheat, it's usually not a simple thing to tuck that sort of setting back into a coded file.

And even if they did, some talented, persistent PC modder will just find a way to bring it back.

The only way to truly "fix" this is to store characters online, like Diablo 3 does. It's not financially viable for most games though, not without tacking a Real Money Auction House onto it to finance the upkeep of the character storage servers. Runic took it another step by opening their entire game up to modding. It's personal preference, I don't really plan to do this (anytime soon at least, maybe after 3-4 playthrus), but for someone who wants to sit at the chest with a stack of keys and see what pops out, eh, to each his own.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@muktor said:

There's also some more info on the golden key in the wiki:

Borderlands 2: Golden Key

"It is unknown yet whether or not using the Gold Key cheat can get you banned"

What would you get banned from exactly? The game isn't VAC enabled, and there are no dedicated servers run by Gearbox. The only thing they could do about this would be to patch the ability out of the game.

Which, as I've said, I don't see happening.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By MrKlorox

Stop shitting on the OP for playing the game the way he wants. It's his choice. Nobody's forcing a patch upon you that gives you infinite golden keys or stuff purple weapons in your inventory. Back off.

And stop shitting on Gearbox for making it so easy to modify. There's nothing wrong with putting things out there unencrypted instead of packed together in some proprietary archive. In fact it's definitely the CORRECT way to do things because it makes modding easier. You don't like the concept of mods? Then DON'T PLAY ON PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Ben_H said:

I'm gonna add another one. I accidentally used my first one because I didn't know what it was. Though the two guns I got were broken with how good they are. I've used them for 6 levels and they still oneshot a lot of stuff.

Yeah, I lucked out a bit. Got a DAHL Sniper that fires an entire clip in scope and kills virtually everything in one fell swoop.

Granted, you want to be aiming for the head, but still.

Downside is it eats ammo like nobodies business. I suppose it's somewhat balanced in that regard.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Eaxis

I'm looking forward to the moment when i've maxed out my level and gonna collect my gun, playing on Xbox, but I wouldn't ruin my experience if I had the Pc version.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By musubi

Everyone's responses to this exactly confirm why I despise loot systems. If the entire game is driven on this loop of sifting through loot until you find the cool stuff but once you FIND the cool stuff it looks like that is the breaking point for quite a lot of people where now they have the golden goose egg so to speak and now the fun has peaked for them. Its exactly why I don't find borderlands fun. Whats the point to the loot if once you found the ultimate shiny thing you don't have the motivation to use it on anything because it breaks the game? I'm not trying to troll on people's fun either if your enjoying the game by all means go enjoy it. I just can't personally fathom how that gameplay loop is any fun.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Demoskinos said:

Everyone's responses to this exactly confirm why I despise loot systems. If the entire game is driven on this loop of sifting through loot until you find the cool stuff but once you FIND the cool stuff it looks like that is the breaking point for quite a lot of people where now they have the golden goose egg so to speak and now the fun has peaked for them. Its exactly why I don't find borderlands fun. Whats the point to the loot if once you found the ultimate shiny thing you don't have the motivation to use it on anything because it breaks the game? I'm not trying to troll on people's fun either if your enjoying the game by all means go enjoy it. I just can't personally fathom how that gameplay loop is any fun.

No. There's a difference between spending 20, 30 hours playing a game, getting progressively better and getting better skills until you find a weapon that is much better than anything you had before and cheating in the first 10 minutes to get a god-tier weapon to breeze through the game. A huge, difference, actually. And it applies to almost any game. What's the point of playing Super Mario Bros. if you cheat to be invincible all the time? What's the point of playing an RTS if you cheat and get unlimited resources? What's the point of playing Tetris if you cheat to only have I-shaped tetrominos? Sure, you get from point A to point Z, but what matters is in the middle ;)

CrystaljDesign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By CrystaljDesign

Thanks for this, I will try it out tonight. I accidentally popped it open last night. IT IS NOT VERY SHINY FOR BEING A GOLD TREASURE CHEST! Totally thought it was a normal one.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Cincaid

@CrystaljDesign said:

Thanks for this, I will try it out tonight. I accidentally popped it open last night. IT IS NOT VERY SHINY FOR BEING A GOLD TREASURE CHEST! Totally thought it was a normal one.

I'm sorry you wasted your key, but this exploit is no longer possible after the latest patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.