Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Voice chat on PC isn't working

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By coaxmetal

That happening for anyone else? I can hear other people just fine, but I can't chat. I'm having a hell of a time diagnosing it, so I'm wondering if anyone else here was having a similiar issue.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zekhariah

I cannot speak specifically toward Borderlands 2, but since I've gotten deep into voice centric co-op I've found that having a Skype option really helps (if your not playing with pubs). A lot of games, even the steam client types ones, seems to run into random problems.

Dedicated VOIP stuff tends to work (so skype, or even a ventrillo server for a lot of people).

That said, have you verified your microphone is still fine (use the windows microphone loopback option)? One thing I found is that cheaper heatsets and desk microphones have very poor cables/contacts at pivots so they end up breaking down after a year or less. You can also run into issues if you have it set so that one program can take exclusive control of the audio device.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By haffy

There's a push to talk button in game, are you using that? It's "T" by default.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By coaxmetal

yeah, of course i've been using the push to talk option, checked my mic (it works in skype, steam voice chat). I'll have to check the exclusive control option though, thanks

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By coaxmetal

Well, that didn't fix it. I don't think its a common issue since this question is on the first page of google results...

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Riboflavin: Have you tinkered with the Steam voice settings? It's accessed in the options/settings. You can set the playback device (it might be using another "mic device" that you don't even know you have) and test if Steam is reading your mic there.

Beyond the ingame voice chat, you can also start voice chat sessions with individual people or groups through Steam's chat interface. Which you could test to see if the problem is in-game or with steam itself. (I kind of assume that Borderlands 2 is pulling voice chat settings from steam, but I could be wrong.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.