Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

What factors affect your Fight For Your Life timer?

Jeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeric

I was in the last bit of the Creature Slaughter Dome's fifth round, when a Badass Pyro Thresher came up and started ripping shit up. I had like four Second Winds until at some point, the Thresher killed me and my FFYL bar literally emptied in one second, leaving me no time to get a Second Wind.

Now, what changed that? Was it the fact that I had four Second Winds in less than a minute or so? Or was the Thresher so close to me that it was melee'ing my bar down?

Aside from this particular situation, what other things could factor into the FFYL timer?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By bushpusherr

It's just how many times you've gone down within a given time frame. The more you go down, the less time you have each time. I'm not sure how it determines when to reset it (probably just not engaging in battle for a certain time, or leaving to another area).

Jeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeric

@bushpusherr: Oh, okay. Well damn, guess being extremely lucky with explosions isn't going to keep me afloat forever.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Seems to be set up with precisely enough time to run out just as I'm almost done reloading for the kill shot that would save me.

But I'm sure there's some actual technical formula behind it that isn't just designed to piss me off.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

@Jeric said:

guess being extremely lucky with explosions isn't going to keep me afloat forever.

You really shouldn't adopt that mentality.

Jeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeric

@Snail said:

@Jeric said:

guess being extremely lucky with explosions isn't going to keep me afloat forever.

You really shouldn't adopt that mentality.

Actually, now that I'd thought it over, I wasn't even using explosions at the time. My ass was being saved by transfusion things. So I'm probably not even lucky with explosions at all! Ahahaha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.