Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An enhanced remaster of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PS4 and Xbox One including a new 4-player splitscreen mode for consoles.

FYI This is Free on the Xbox Store right now.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Thanks duder! I already own the physical box but owning it digitally for nothing is great!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Worked in the UK, too. Saw it on Reddit. I've got a handful of games for free on the Xbox store due to mistakes.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@alistercat:

they say this is part of a multiplayer free weekend but maybe that's just them saving face. Either way it's free stuff.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By RetroMetal

Does not work.

Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was able to get this, but I'm thinking it will be revoked kinda like when Fallout 4 was free.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@lanceuppercut: I've had Fable 2 and a bunch of others free, and those were much newer games at the time. That was first party though so I can see why they'd revoke third party.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it's a free Multiplayer deal until Oct 30th.

From Kotaku

Update 10:25AM — Looks like it’s a free gift from Microsoft, as part of its Multiplayer All-Access event running over the weekend. The video description reads: “Play online with friends FREE AND enjoy a free game unlock of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on us!”

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Took a couple of hours but I finally got it. Maybe one day I'll get an Xbox One...

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just added this to my account. I own the PS4 version, and I don't even own an Xbox One, but I spent ages playing this game on my 360. Should I ever pickup an Xbox One, it'll be nice to have my old saves back.

Borderlands 2 is up there with Mass Effect 2, when it comes to my favorite games of the last console generation. Don't miss out on this, people.

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Added it to my account just in case, thanks for the heads up duder!

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmed working in Australia store too! Awesome, just want I needed.. More games

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Both games were download to my Xbox One without my awareness and cancelled em. I appreciate the offer but Borderlands isn't my type of series. At the least if I do want to play them I can.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Won't be able to check myself for a bit but thanks for the heads up. I mean I already have them on PC but hey, free, and I have some friends who might enjoy it.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet. I have two games for a console I don't have. Thanks.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this shit so much. Thanks a bunch duder!

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seems its only free for the weekend. Great timing with all these new games coming out.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems its only free for the weekend. Great timing with all these new games coming out.

Live is only free for the weekend, but I'm pretty sure you get to keep the game. It's a brilliant promotion, really. Get silver members who hate competitive multiplayer to try a co-op game with their actual friends, and then they have to pay 60 dollars for Live if they want to keep playing online after the weekend is over.

This game includes over 100 hours of content, so there's no way anyone is going to get through it all over the weekend. Like I said, it's a brilliant promotion.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@kedi2 said:

@spaceinsomniac: You do not get to keep the game.

"Wreak havoc with friends in award winning Borderlands and turn up the mayhem in co-op mode. Download on your Xbox One console and play for free from 10/27-10/30."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/multiplayer-all-access

The way that sentence is worded, it's impossible to tell if they're talking about free online only through the 30th, only being able to claim the game through the 30th, or only being able to play the game through the 30th. In addition to that fact, this was another official description:

@zirilius said:

Update 10:25AM — Looks like it’s a free gift from Microsoft, as part of its Multiplayer All-Access event running over the weekend. The video description reads: “Play online with friends FREE AND enjoy a free game unlock of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on us!”

Lastly, this collection has been on sale for less than 10 dollars on Xbox One and PS4 before, and MS frequently has Games with Gold titles that have much higher values. I think you'll get to keep it, but I guess until MS says something definitively, we'll have to wait and see.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kedi2
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kedi2 said:

@spaceinsomniac: The link posted in the first post is for a promotional version of the game. Notice that it is called "Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Unlock Bundle." The normal game's page lists it as being $24.00 (it is currently on sale for the next 5 days). It would be nonsensical for the game to be completely free and also currently be on sale.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/borderlands-the-handsome-collection/c4dqhrnn1zn5

With that evidence, I now think there's a very good chance that you're right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.