Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An enhanced remaster of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PS4 and Xbox One including a new 4-player splitscreen mode for consoles.

So excited for this collection.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I played around 200 hrs of Borderlands 2 on xbox 360 and haven't played the Presequel. I only have a PS4 now and have really been wanting to play a Borderlands game. Borderlands 3, Borderworlds, or whatever it will be called is probably still a ways off, so I am super excited for this collection. I don't have a PC that can run them either, i've tried. I will play them both and not even care if the frame rate is bad (like Saint's Row IV ReElected Edition) or if it's great like GTA V. Borderlands is one of my favorite game series ever and i can't wait until March 24.

Sorry for the gibberish rant.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Played through all three games last year on PC (after having played Borderlands 1 and 2 on PS3 originally) and I'm not going to lie, if everything runs smoothly I'm tempted to pick this up on PS4.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

Why isn't the only good game in the series included in this?

Borderlands 2 would be good if there was a way to turn off all dialogue and descriptions.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MezZa

The disappointment of the first game not getting remastered killed any real excitement I had for this announcement. It needs the updating the most and has the more entertaining loot system (in my opinion of course). I'll wait for a Borderlands 3 to get excited for the series I guess. Being mainly a pc player the 2 most recent games being on new consoles isn't that exciting of a deal to me. But it's a good bundle and I suppose it's useful to have it on the new consoles finally for those who prefer to play it on console.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zeik

Given that it includes all the DLC for both it seems like it will be a good investment. I didn't pick up the majority of the DLC for BL2 and I haven't even touched the pre-sequel. I just wish they would fix the online. 4 player split-screen is not what the game needed, especially when the two player is already not a great experience.

But hopefully the framerate and graphics get a very large bump with this. It didn't bother me too much playing BL2 on the PS3 the first time, but going back to it later it's very noticeable the sacrifices that had to be made on consoles.

@corevi: Honestly, I'm not sure I would have even touched BL1 had it been included. I did everything I care to do in that game and I don't have any real desire to play it again.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@corevi said:

Borderlands 2 would be good if there was a way to turn off all dialogue and descriptions.

Took the words right outta my mouth. Though, admittedly, I could stand playing through 2 and the Pre-Sequel if you could just mute Handsome Jack. And I say that with the utmost seriousness.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: There is a way to turn off the dialogue. I know this because I did that. And the game was better for it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

@corevi: There is a way to turn off the dialogue. I know this because I did that. And the game was better for it.

Sure, but then you're just standing in place for 5 minutes waiting for this dumb robot to stop gesturing at you. It would need to disable that too.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Glad I waited for the Presequel premastered.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Out of all these games, I had the best time with Borderlands 1. In 2, all of the best loot is in a chest that you need those Shift keys for, and you have to get those outside of the game. I rarely find satisfying guns outside of that goddamn chest, and that really hurt my experience with the game. That and the dialog. Oh, God, the writing and "humor" in that game are both horrendous across the board.

I haven't played the Pre-Sequel. I might at some point, but I don't really want to play anything so grindy these days.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

i like all three games equally for different reasons.i like bl1 for its loot system,bl2 for its endgame and presequel for the jetpack.i like all the characters and dialogue in the series as well.borderlands 2 has a very hardcore fanbase,i mean some people stream bl2 with thousands of viewers.even as i type this 3700 people are watching a guy beat bl2 without dying once,which he has been attempting for months.so just know that while you may not care for the other games,theres a big hardcore community for bl2 and the series in general,and its only going to get bigger.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I really love BL1 so I'm bummed it's not in this collection. I'm still going to buy this though, because I have been itching for a BL game and I want to play the pre-sequel. I'm happy that I decided not to buy it when it came out last year.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By MEATBALL

I'm looking forward to playing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel with my Borderlands 2 buddies, should be an awesome time. It's a bummer the original Borderlands isn't in this package, but Borderlands 2 is by miles the better game.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

Huh, I thought Handsome Jack was one of the least annoying things about Borderlands 2. And I really liked the Pre-Sequel, but, yeah, Borderlands 1 is by a fair margin the best in the series.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zeik

@believer258: That definitely wasn't my experience. That shift key gear was good if you got it at a specific time relatively early in the game, but it definitely got outclassed by better drops in the game. I even saved some of those keys in hopes of getting some awesome end game gear and it was almost all worthless by that point. At some point I even figured out a glitch that let you have infinite shift keys and I spent quite awhile opening that chest repeatedly and even then I don't think I found anything worth keeping for my end game character.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have trouble justifying this one since I just played through the Pre-Sequel twice over and I hated BL2 because the difficulty scale in TVHM was absolutely terrible for single player and oranges only dropping from bosses is bullshit and pretty much means I'll never have any because farming them is a fucking chore. In 1, you could get oranges anywhere, even from regular mobs. In the pre-sequel, there's the grinder and you can fucking buy them in shops. In 2 you have to beat the same fucking bosses over and over (and over and over) if you want any orange shit. Like other people in here, I think the first one is still the best. Guess I'll wait for 3.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like not having Borderlands 1 kind of kills it for me. It's cool and all, and I would consider getting it, but it just seems like kind of a waste to have 2/3 of the game for no good reason, especially since the engine and the graphics are so similar between the three.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You should be if you haven't played them to death already!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@zeik said:

@believer258: That definitely wasn't my experience. That shift key gear was good if you got it at a specific time relatively early in the game, but it definitely got outclassed by better drops in the game. I even saved some of those keys in hopes of getting some awesome end game gear and it was almost all worthless by that point. At some point I even figured out a glitch that let you have infinite shift keys and I spent quite awhile opening that chest repeatedly and even then I don't think I found anything worth keeping for my end game character.

I played the entire game co-op with my brother and didn't find many good drops at all. I found a handful of weapons that were just barely good enough for me to keep having fun with the game. It's a real shame, too, because Borderlands 2 was *this* close to being everything I had imagined the first game would be, but the dialog was so bad and the loot was terribly unsatisfying.

It seems like some people have the experience that I had with loot and others tended to find really good loot.

I have trouble justifying this one since I just played through the Pre-Sequel twice over and I hated BL2 because the difficulty scale in TVHM was absolutely terrible for single player and oranges only dropping from bosses is bullshit and pretty much means I'll never have any because farming them is a fucking chore. In 1, you could get oranges anywhere, even from regular mobs. In the pre-sequel, there's the grinder and you can fucking buy them in shops. In 2 you have to beat the same fucking bosses over and over (and over and over) if you want any orange shit. Like other people in here, I think the first one is still the best. Guess I'll wait for 3.

This is also an issue - it seems like you can only get good loot by playing with 3 other people. I only wanted to play through the game with my brother, or by myself. The first game seems like it has single or two player in mind. I don't know how anyone thought the second game's difficulty or loot balance was good for single or two player.

Again, haven't played the Pre-Sequel.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nasp

@believer258: well thats RNG for ya,some will get good stuff,some wont.ive beaten the game atleast 10 to 15 times and played atleast 500 to 1000 hours,i still play it every day.in all that time ive had good luck for drops and ive had bad luck as well,thats just how a loot game is.its also for the most part pretty balanced.ive beaten UVHM tons of times without problem,you just have to understand mechanics like healthgate and using slag and the right gear correctly.basically it makes you learn and be good at the game,which some like and some dont.i mentioned in another post in this thread that a guy has been streaming beating the game without dying,thats beating all 3 difficulties as well.so while the harder difficulties are hard,they are far from not balanced and far from unbeatable.i like all the characters as well so i cant agree with that either.it just seems that the game isnt for you and based off what others are saying,its not for them either.bl2 is easily in my top 3 fave games ever and would be number one if it wasnt for dragon age 3.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

@believer258: I played BL2 100% solo by the way. I gave up on the multiplayer at some point because I think the way they designed it is just plain not fun.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I don't remember a lot of moments where you have to stand and watch a character speak to you. It's like 90% done through the radio. But fair point. It's certainly not a game I'd defend.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I should be kinda irritated, since I just finished up the Pre-Sequel a couple of months ago, but honestly, I'm gllad to have Borderlands on my new console. Fuck it, why not put another hundred and fifty hours into these games?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By TheHT

I got the Pre-Sequel during the last Steam sale and have played exactly 104 minutes of it. I didn't hit me the same way Borderlands 2 did. Dunno why.

I kinda wanna go back and play more Borderlands 2 instead.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HH

apparently there's a way to import a 360 character save onto the PS4 if you do it via a usb drive and a pc with a bit of tinkering, not sure how solid that info is, but if it does work I've got a good spread of BL2 builds to carry on with. even if it doesn't I'm well up for playing the Pre-sequel, so this set looks likely for me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

apparently there's a way to import a 360 character save onto the PS4 if you do it via a usb drive and a pc with a bit of tinkering, not sure how solid that info is, but if it does work I've got a good spread of BL2 builds to carry on with. even if it doesn't I'm well up for playing the Pre-sequel, so this looks likely for me.

You could import a 360 save to PC pretty easily so it would stand to reason that would work for the PS4 version too.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We probably would've got Borderlands on the disc if it wasn't for the aggressive DLC approach Gearbox now takes.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

i want to get these to play with friends on PS4/Xbox One but i already have all the Borderlands games on Steam. I can't get off of $60 for these just yet. Probably pick it up when it's on sale in a few months.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    Loading Video...

I pre-loaded this on XONE a couple days ago. I'm really excited to get back into this. Its cool though that there's free DLC day of launch too. The trailer is kind of cool, I guess.

They also said that they'll do the first game remaster if enough people buy this collection. I'm indifferent about that game though, so eh.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't the collection include the first game? Can anyone explain? They were all published by 2k and there is no technical reason why it cannot be re-released. This sucks

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vahleticar: I'm gonna guess it's because 2 and pre-sequel runs pretty much the same engine, so they're basically just porting one game.

slyr114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as the framerate is rock solid in split screen mode, i may actually get this. However, this generation of consoles is riddled with low, non consistent frame rates and horrid load times that is really starting to make me feel a large amount of regret since getting my PS4. There still are no exclusives out for it yet that made me say "Wow, I am so glad I got the PS4". I would not really mind it that much if it had the media playback capabilities that my freaking PS3 has. I mean come on, no built in video DLNA or audio player? Really Sony? Anyway I got off topic, loved 1 and 2 and decided to wait on the latest one and hopefully this is a good collection technically.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to be the backseat engineer but this seems to me like it would have been an easy job since they are all just Unreal Enigine, you know, that engine that has been around for more than a decade and every studio and their grandma is using.

matmaelstrom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty excited for this. Played though BL2 and loved it. An unpopulor opinion apparently but i thought all the writing was great. Super funny game. Didnt play the presequel or the bl2 dlc so plenty of new stuff in this to get my money.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#36  Edited By Yummylee

I'm excited for this collection as I skipped the Pre-Sequel and didn't play much of the BL2 DLC. Also, Borderlands 2 is (mostly) pretty funny and Handsome Jack is a fantastic villain.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't have a current gen console, but I am dying to hear how the 4-player split screen holds up framerate wise.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Brendan

I probably could have waited for this instead of playing The Pre-Sequel on the 360, but I played through Borderlands 2 twice (had a blast) and didn't enjoy The Pre-Sequel as much so I'll spend my future remaster money on DmC instead.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a current gen console, but I am dying to hear how the 4-player split screen holds up framerate wise.

According to IGN BL2 runs perfectly smoothly in 4-player split screen. The pre-sequel not so much. (At least in the build they were playing.)

I am curious if there's any difference in 2-player though, as I'm much more likely to spend time with that more than 4-player.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

I'm kind of excited, but my friend and I are going to play through this co-op and based on the amount of content and the speed at which we play (~10 hours a month co-op on a good month) it's going to take us like a year. That's a big frickin' commitment.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played these. I would get it if it came with the first one. but nope.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zeik

@frostyryan said:

I've never played these. I would get it if it came with the first one. but nope.

It's not like there's some rich fiction you need to know firsthand. The first few minutes of BL2 tell you the few important things that happen in the first game.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: yeah but story is never the only reason why I would play games in order. I'd really like to see the evolution in gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Borderlands 1: First person shooter with rpg elements and Diablo style loot system.

Borderlands 2: First person shooter with rpg elements and Diablo style loot system

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zeik

@frostyryan: I can understand that, but not if it means refusing to play something at all because of it. I mean did you/would you refuse to play MGS without playing the MSX version first? Would you refuse to play a game like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy without playing them all in sequential order? Or Mario? Or how about the countless variations of Pac-Man?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FrostyRyan

@zeik: But there are only 3 Borderlands games aside from the Telltale series right now. You're naming series with many games in them that span some hard to obtain consoles even.

Since there's 3 games, it would be great to just have the current 3 on one convenient disc. And I'm not refusing to play it at all, I'm refusing to buy this collection at the moment. Borderlands is by no means on a priority list for me regardless.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zeik

@frostyryan: That was kinda my point though. With only 3 games in the series that evolution of gameplay is pretty minor compared to a longer running franchise. (Especially two games from the same console gen.) If you would skip straight to MGS1 without playing MG1 or 2, even though it's the most dramatic evolution in the franchise, then I don't see the big deal in skipping straight to BL2.

If you just don't care about playing it right now that's perfectly reasonable, I just think not being able to play BL1 first is a silly reason to ignore this collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.