Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

Looks like I can buy it on Steam for $3 right now (since I own all other items in the bundle) but should I?

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Smoke on the street is that this one is the weakest of the franchise. I enjoyed previous installments so considering this one, especially with given price. Time is pretty limited these days though. I got GTA5 barely started and want to get into Witcher 3 at some point as well. Not to mention all the new stuff coming out.

Go for it or meh?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I played a decent amount of borderlands and I played through borderlands 2 twice. Me and a buddy both started pre sequel and I think maybe got about halfway. Haven't really had any desire to go back to it.

Granted I don't really like borderlands much to begin so my opinion has always been sorta lukewarm on the game. It's serviceable if you're looking for more but I thought the story was a bit bland and the new mechanics and characters weren't really interesting to me. If you can get some friends together to play it then maybe pick it up and play it with them? If you're playing solo I'd just say how much are you interested in a slightly lesser version of two?

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd say that it's definitely worth $3, even if it just sits in your library for a while. I'd certainly play GTA5 and Witcher 3 first, but I thought the Pre-Sequel was a perfectly fine Borderlands game with some interesting changes from the previous games. If you liked Borderlands and Borderlands 2, it's worth checking out.

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say meh. Haven't played it personally, but having loved 2, I was contemplating it the last time it went on sale. I talked to a few friends who I had played 2 with if I should buy the Pre-sequal, and their responses were all eerily similar..."run away and never look back" (response over-dramatized for effect)

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are so, so many games out there. Borderlands games don't even iterate on their concept, they just give you a hundred more hours of the same thing. Are you trying to play another one-hundred hours of that game?

Play something else.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I played two hours of the Pre-Sequel and it just made me want to play Borderlands 2 instead, so I uninstalled it. I'd say it's worth $3 though.

bizmarkiefader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bizmarkiefader

It's alright if you feel like playing some Borderlands but I didn't get into it. The air supply stuff isn't that bad but it doesn't add much either, it just makes you feel more rushed. I put 150+ hours into two and didn't end up finishing a full run on presequel but I've thought about going back to it. If the 3 bucks doesn't mean much to you it's worth a shot, there's still a ton of good Borderlands stuff in it.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Australian voices are terrible and this just cements that idea. Playable if you have a tolerance for bad voice acting

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant judge your time but, personally, I really enjoyed Pre-Sequel. Granted, I negated one of the primary mechanics (the need for oxygen) by playing as Claptrap (I love that twat) but I really enjoyed the storyline and characters, its not going to win oscars but given that I enjoyed the comedy and characters in the previous game this just felt like more and similar delivered in a little more of a tight/linear fashion.

So really the question is just, do you really want more Borderlands 2 with more of that humour? I did and I really, really enjoyed it.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, if you enjoyed the other two, then why not? I liked the presequal more than two, but I'm not a big Borderlands fan. I got the presequal on a sale, and enjoyed it well enough.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe it's just because my namesake is used, but there's a character called Pickle in it, and he has the most unbearable cockney accent. It makes me want to drive knitting needles into my ears. The Australian accents aren't much better either, but overall the voice acting sets a new low bar for annoying Borderlands characters.

In my opinion it's easily the worst of the 3 main game entries. The antigravity stuff is interesting in theory, but the game does so little with it that it's barely worth talking about. I'd always just replay 1 or 2 instead of this.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played all the BL games for the first time this year and I think it's the best game in the franchise. Get it. Also get the claptastic voyage dlc while you're at it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pre-Sequel may not be the best, but it's still really good.

I mean, it's three bucks. Might as well, right? Save it for a rainy day/week/etc. if you're concerned about the length of it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Huh it's $14 for me, booo

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@starvinggamer:

You have to look at the price of the bundle (not standalone), which will be determined by all other borderlands stuff already in your library. I had 6 out of 7 so it's essentially offering to complete the collection for 3 bucks.

Anyways, I took the plunge and got it. It's only three bucks and I haven't played a FPS in a while (except for Doom, which is GOTY I'd say).

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Christoffer

I'm in the same spot. I liked Borderlands 1 and loved 2. But the Pre-Sequel just looks bad somehow. Whenever I'm tempted to pick it up I play a few hours of Borderlands 2 instead. Need fulfilled.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

EDIT: NM, there's a different bundle elsewhere o_O

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's interesting to me is that Steam is taking into account stuff you own in the bundle and pricing it accordingly. I always thought bundles were an all or nothing sort of thing so I never bothered looking at them. Did all that change recently?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.