Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

DLC Offline?

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MysteriousBob

While I'm at University, I can't go on XBL. For this reason, I spent the majority of my single visit to home downloading as much single player DLC I can afford. This included New Robot Revolution. 

I just tried to play it now. Not only does it not show up on the quick travel list, but neither does the previous two DLCs I've paid for (and played). 

What the hell? Why should I have to be online to play single player DLC? Is there anyway around this or am I stuck? All my searching online gives me queries about alternate XBoxes. I've only used my own and its all on the hard drive. 

Please help.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

Well, have you had to replace your 360 ever?(red-ring, ect) If not, then you might just have to hop online (or call 1-800-4MY-XBOX) and make sure that the serial number for your console is set with he serial of your harddrive.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Driadon said:
    " Well, have you had to replace your 360 ever?(red-ring, ect) If not, then you might just have to hop online (or call 1-800-4MY-XBOX) and make sure that the serial number for your console is set with he serial of your harddrive. "
    No, like I said- one XBox. No other XBoxes have ever entered the equation.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Driadon
    @MysteriousBob: In that case, follow this when you have the time. Usually the consoles and harddrive in a box are pre-registered together, but there's the off chance that it may have been missed. Once that;s done, connect to Live once, and BAM, you should be clar sailing.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Driadon said:
    " @MysteriousBob: In that case, follow this when you have the time. Usually the consoles and harddrive in a box are pre-registered together, but there's the off chance that it may have been missed. Once that;s done, connect to Live once, and BAM, you should be clar sailing. "
    What? No- its just this game. Its Borderlands. ME2, F3 and all the other games I own DLC for let me use them offline. I have played Zombie Island and General Knoxx previously but thats while I was online. Even if what you are proposing was the problem, I told you that I can't connect to Live. Thats the issue to begin with. There's nothing wrong with my machine.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Driadon
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @Driadon said:
    " @MysteriousBob: In that case, follow this when you have the time. Usually the consoles and harddrive in a box are pre-registered together, but there's the off chance that it may have been missed. Once that;s done, connect to Live once, and BAM, you should be clar sailing. "
    What? No- its just this game. Its Borderlands. ME2, F3 and all the other games I own DLC for let me use them offline. I have played Zombie Island and General Knoxx previously but thats while I was online. Even if what you are proposing was the problem, I told you that I can't connect to Live. Thats the issue to begin with. There's nothing wrong with my machine. "
    Ahhh! Sorry about that then, didn't know that it was a Borderlands only problem.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DrPockets000

Call customer support.  I'm pretty sure I've played this offline.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @DrPockets000: I fear my problem may have been that I failed to actually load BL while I was online which I made sure to do with ME2 but forgot to with this.

Still, I don't see how that knocks out my previous DLC. 

Could someone do me a favour and try and play some Borderlands DLC with no connection to XBL? Just to see if I've messed up or its a game design feature.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By DrPockets000
    @MysteriousBob: I'll do it this weekend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.