Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Have we seen the game running on PS3 yet?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Im wondering if weve seen any vids of the game running on a PS3, so I can see how it looks. Im kinda worried about the PS3 version because Ive only ever seen 360 videos of it, and im considering getting it on PS3. What are the chances itll look exactly the same?
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mordukai

As far as I know NO. But apparently the PC version impressed brad so much he will play that version and not the console version. 

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

yeah i've mainly seen 360 videos for the game (on giantbomb only tho..) but they have shown some ps3 gameplay for it too and it looks pretty much the same (like 99% of all multiplat titles..)

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By PufferFiz

why do you keep making these threads every time a multi plat game comes out? Now a days 99.999% of the time they will both look the same. maybe some contrast or brightness differences but those can be fixed with options or settings on your tv.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

Based on the quick look, the PS3 can definitely pull off that graphics. 

however, what would interest me is a comparison of the PC version to show just how much better the graphics are.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zajtalan

yea relax dude

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vitefish

It doesn't matter because both you and I know that Borderlands will be FUCKING AWESOME no matter which console it is on.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ravensword

Im jsut assuming it might be more vibrant on 360, adn more "washed out" on PS3. im basing this off of Prince of Persia, which had a similar art style.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Raven_Sword said:

" Im jsut assuming it might be more vibrant on 360, adn more "washed out" on PS3. im basing this off of Prince of Persia, which had a similar art style. "

???????? i played PoP through the end and the colors were amazing. Maybe you should check your tv.
    tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By tamerxero

Yeah, PoP looked great on PS3, exactly the same on the 360.  Besides, you couldn't tell when playing, unless you sit the 2 versions side by side of each other.

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By hpv
    @Raven_Sword said:

" Im jsut assuming it might be more vibrant on 360, adn more "washed out" on PS3. im basing this off of Prince of Persia, which had a similar art style. "

Randy Pitchford told me at PAX that the PS3 version looks a little better, more vibrancy to the colors in particular, but that the 360 version's framerate is a bit better.  He described it as a solid 30-45fps on PS3 and 30-60fps on 360.  The lead programmer on Dragon Age told me the same thing about Dragon Age.  Usually that's the way games come out, though obviously there are exceptions.

I could believe PoP looks more vibrant on the 360 (not having played it) since the PS3 version is a little washed out.  The art style in that game actually isn't similar to Borderlands at all, though.  It might look a bit like it in video but in person it's very different.  Neither game shows very well in video (or screenshots) compared to what they look like in motion.
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Damian
    @Raven_Sword: I'm wondering the same thing. It'd be nice to see it running on all platforms before making a choice between them. 

I'm trying to get an answer to this as we speak. But if I don't, I suppose we'll know soon enough.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @hpv said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:

Randy Pitchford told me at PAX that the PS3 version looks a little better, more vibrancy to the colors in particular, but that the 360 version's framerate is a bit better.  He described it as a solid 30-45fps on PS3 and 30-60fps on 360.  The lead programmer on Dragon Age told me the same thing about Dragon Age.  Usually that's the way games come out, though obviously there are exceptions.  I could believe PoP looks more vibrant on the 360 (not having played it) since the PS3 version is a little washed out.  The art style in that game actually isn't similar to Borderlands at all, though.  It might look a bit like it in video but in person it's very different.  Neither game shows very well in video (or screenshots) compared to what they look like in motion. "
    Thats really cool that you talked to him and stuff.
    lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lawlerballer
    @hpv: That's wierd, cuz Randy Pitchford and his grandma told me that the 360 version looks/runs better. He said while the 360 version runs at over 9000 fps and has graphics only dreams are made of, the ps3 version sadly ran at a whopping -10 fps and looks like my toilet bowl after some bad mexican food.  Seriously dude they look the same and run the same nice try though.
    hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By hpv
    @lawlerballer said:

" @hpv: That's wierd, cuz Randy Pitchford and his grandma told me that the 360 version looks/runs better. He said while the 360 version runs at over 9000 fps and has graphics only dreams are made of, the ps3 version sadly ran at a whopping -10 fps and looks like my toilet bowl after some bad mexican food.  Seriously dude they look the same and run the same nice try though. "

Have you talked to Randy Pitchford about it?  I didn't think so.  I have, and that's what he told me.

This shouldn't be surprising in the least as the 360's GPU is a bit more powerful than the PS3's and when developers aren't targeting the PS3 exclusively it's a bit easier (or a lot easier for the developers who just suck) to get a better framerate out of the hardware.  This has been widely reported.  Obviously when targeting the PS3 hardware properly and unloading some of the graphics rendering to the SPUs (as Naughty Dog has done with Uncharted 2) they're going to get excellent framerates and graphics that probably can't be done on a 360.  That the 360 outputs slightly more washed out colors than the PS3 in most circumstances, though I've never seen anyone specifically point out why.  Randy Pitchford described it as "something about the 360's video output" if I remember correctly, but as that was almost two months ago he might have used slightly different words.

The lead programmer on Dragon Age told me almost the exact same thing about his game.  I haven't played either on PS3 but I can vouch for both of them looking great, running smooth, and being a ton of fun on 360, since that's what they were demoing on.  I'm positive they'll both be great on PS3, which is where I'll be playing them exclusively unless my computer can handle Borderlands decently and then I might have to double dip.

I don't know what you think I was "trying" to do, but I'm glad you think I did a "nice" job at it.  Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

Considering that the closest you've gotten to any version of the game is watching videos on the Internet that don't come close to doing the game's graphics justice you really should shut the fuck up.  Now calm your ass down, you're being obnoxious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.