Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

How strong will the PC community be?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

a lot of games I have played have had less players then console versions of the game (CoD: WaW for example) and I have no other friends buying this game on PC (there all console gamers) so I am not sure if I should get the game...

PS - Do you think I will be able to find some cool people to play with on Giant Bomb WITHOUT a headset (im 14 and I dont think people will like my voice)

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MrGetBonus

I don't know about anyone else but hell, I'll play with you. My friends are assholes too and only wanna buy stuff on the 360.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yukoei
    @MrGetBonus said:
    " I don't know about anyone else but hell, I'll play with you. My friends are assholes too and only wanna buy stuff on the 360. "
    cool, do you have a headset? (do you like 14 year old girly voices :P)
    Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Um, if you use this site, I'm sure you will find people to play with.  However, when it comes to just finding games online, Borderlands is gonna be messed up.  The game stores your character info on your computer, so it's just a matter of time until the PC version is flooded with people who have hacked their way to amazing guns.
    pallorwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pallorwag

Depends on your attitude. I swear, people hear a high pitch kids voice over the mic and they become more immature then the kid.  Well this topic wasn't about that really. PC gaming is declining cause piracy is so easy. Companies like EA release their games console first. Get as much profit from that. Then release a crummy PC port, after the sales on console seem to diminish. If us PC gamers are even lucky. *cough* Brutal Legend *cough*  >.<
     and add me to Xfire if you want. I don't have Cod:waw though

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Atomic_Tangerine said:
    " Um, if you use this site, I'm sure you will find people to play with.  However, when it comes to just finding games online, Borderlands is gonna be messed up.  The game stores your character info on your computer, so it's just a matter of time until the PC version is flooded with people who have hacked their way to amazing guns. "
    Well it co op so why would that be a problem.  They aren't going to be destroying you in a competitive multiplayer or anything.  It actually might be kind of cool to see those guns, and if you don't want to play with them you can just leave their game.
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @Yukoei: Yo add me to Xfire Username: captyc I'm 14 I'll play with you and I'm gunna play with another guy on release!
    Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine
    @ArchScabby:
    Yeah, I mean, they can't exactly grief any more than any other guy, but it goes against the spirit of the game is all I'm saying.  What's the point of trying to find better guns when the guy right next to you can just create whatever gun he wants.
    dozerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By dozerking

Depends on the game really, CoD4 is huge on PC. UT3 is starting to gain more and more players with all the deals on it and as the modding community embraces it more and more, MW2 would have been huge on PC, but I doubt that after the Ded servers and mod tools were cut, probably still have lots of players though. All the Blizzard games have huge followings, STEAM games from Valve have huge communities including but not limited to Counterstrike CSS and 1.6, Day of Defeat Source, TF2 (biggest on PC), and L4Dead(also biggest on PC). It really does depend on the game though. Borderlands will most likely have a healthy community on PC, so long as it's supported by Gearbox, who have an excellent track record on PC. 

Don't forget MMO's either, that's probably were the bulk of the largest communities are.  When The Old Republic launches next year, that will be one huge community, as well as Jumpgate Evolution and Star Trek MMO. 

I have the same issue though, everyone I know in real life doesn't game on PC, all console gamers, mostly PS3 actually, some 360.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yukoei
    @ShaunassNZ said:
    " @Yukoei: Yo add me to Xfire Username: captyc I'm 14 I'll play with you and I'm gunna play with another guy on release! "
    Hey, whats your Steam name? I dont use Xfire.
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaunassNZ

@Yukoei: shaunass26 or shaunassnz or shaunass try each one ok

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Damian
    @Atomic_Tangerine said:
    " @ArchScabby: Yeah, I mean, they can't exactly grief any more than any other guy, but it goes against the spirit of the game is all I'm saying.  What's the point of trying to find better guns when the guy right next to you can just create whatever gun he wants. "
    At least they can only ruin their own fun and not anyone else's. But I agree: It's lame.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yukoei
    @ShaunassNZ said:

"   @Yukoei: shaunass26 or shaunassnz or shaunass try each one ok "

shaunass26 it is!
    Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Alphawolfy

I'm sure that the PC community will have a healthy amount of people; not sure how it will compare to the 360 or PS3 communities though. I myself will probably get the Xbox 360 version.

Also, I find it hard to tell teenagers' age by their voice (I'm one myself). Some sound like little kids, while others' voices are pretty hard to tell from adults' voices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.