Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Is anyone else hoping the guys praise it on this week's Bombcast?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm really jacked for Borderlands. I'm a little worried about content depth (same old missions over and over) but I loved Diablo and this honestly reminds me very  of it. But I just want to hear the guys say they love. Jeff's been playing it non-stop (even playing it as I type this). I'm really hoping to hear some good things from them. Anyone else need this blanket of reassurance?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Don't worry dude, Borderlands is great. I spent six hours straight playing it at a friend's house in co-op last night and all I wanted to do was keep playing more. Should be playing more later this evening.

I'm predicting 4 or 5 stars from the review.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Valames
    @MB said:

" Don't worry dude, Borderlands is great. I spent six hours straight playing it at a friend's house in co-op last night and all I wanted to do was keep playing more. Should be playing more later this evening.  I'm predicting 4 or 5 stars from the review. "

So I am forgoing Brutal Legend to get this just to play it couch-co-op with my lady. Is the split screen good?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By mike
    @Valames: 
    It's alright but I actually found the field of vision to be a little lacking even in full screen mode. I really dislike playing split screen in almost every game so I'm probably not the best person to ask about that.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Naughton
    @Valames said:
    " @MB said:

" Don't worry dude, Borderlands is great. I spent six hours straight playing it at a friend's house in co-op last night and all I wanted to do was keep playing more. Should be playing more later this evening.  I'm predicting 4 or 5 stars from the review. "

So I am forgoing Brutal Legend to get this just to play it couch-co-op with my lady. Is the split screen good? "
    I'm getting it for that exact reason. Assuming you have a decent sized TV, it should be fine. I just recently got a 40 inch Sony LCD, and my GF and I play some splitscreen games on it a lot.
    ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ashton
    @Lukeweizer said:
    " I'm really jacked for Borderlands. I'm a little worried about content depth (same old missions over and over) but I loved Diablo and this honestly reminds me very  of it. But I just want to hear the guys say they love. Jeff's been playing it non-stop (even playing it as I type this). I'm really hoping to hear some good things from them. Anyone else need this blanket of reassurance? "
    dude im sooooo jacked! I just looked at my calendar and realized holy shit! it comes out THIS TUESDAY!  Going by the quicklook im sure Jeff wil have nothing but good things to say

aside: im totally stoked for some more video review content!
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

I'm sure they will talk about it, because the game comes out Tuesday.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By Atlas

Doesn't everyone want every game to be praised? Nothing is to be gained from hating on games like that.

I would be very happy if Borderlands was well received, because I looks like a game I would like to play.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Ineedaname

Not really, they can say it's good and all but I pretty much hate it when they go on about one game, it happened with Beatles rock band, that pod cast was pretty crap for me, after they've already devoted a quick look to it, I'll assume a video review, a podcast would just annoy me. That might be because I've no interest in the game but either way.

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By hpv
    @MB said:
    " @Valames:  It's alright but I actually found the field of vision to be a little lacking even in full screen mode. I really dislike playing split screen in almost every game so I'm probably not the best person to ask about that. "
    I got to play about 20 minutes splitscreen at PAX and found the field of vision impressive for a vertical split.  Obviously not as good as having the whole screen to yourself but I didn't feel like I couldn't tell what was going on like I do in most games that are splitscreen on a widescreen display (either horizontal or vertical split).  Really liked how you can slide the menu instead of having everything crammed to fit into the smaller frame.

I'd say if you play a lot of splitscreen co-op or just want to play Borderlands that way you'll be fine.  It's definitely not worse than anything I've played and is light years ahead of something like Gears of War.

I really hope they go on about Borderlands just to hear someone talking about it.  We've still yet to see if the embargo strategy they went with is going to pay off, but it certainly has kept information on the game to a minimum.
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valames
    @hpv: Sweet, great news.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

Definitely looking forward to picking it up this Tuesday. I could of gotten it earlier, but Im playing it with a few friends so I have no problem waiting until then, I got Uncharted 2 and Demons Souls to keep me busy until then. But yeah, cant wait!

cyrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By cyrax
    @Lukeweizer said:

Anyone else need this blanket of reassurance? "

Nope. I want them to speak honestly. If that means positive thoughts then that's even better. Also, I already have it pre-ordered on Steam.  The thin story is a small bummer. I expected there to thousands of junk guns. I don't know how I'll feel about the hours of tutorial but I doubt I'll be grateful for it.
    This and Torchlight are my most wanted from this whole year.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187
    @MB said:
    Alright, but here's the REAL question, MB: 

Say you know that there are 8 copies for 360 and at least as many for PC on their way to your workplace.  However, you don't know if they will be at your store by Tuesday.  You really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really FUCKING REALLY want to play this game. 

Would you be at Wal-Mart at midnight to pick up a copy for $60 or would you wait until the copies came in possibly as late as Friday?
    Scigrex14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Scigrex14

They seemed to really be enjoying themselves on the Quick Look they posted so my guess would be they praise it.  Also the more Jeff plays of the game the more he seems to want to play it, and Jeff has some pretty good tastes in games, and he's still stoked about the game after playing it.  So I'm pretty sure on this week's Bombcast they will be praising it.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Yeah... Like Jeff got 1000/1000 right?  And since one of those is to get to level 50, which takes around 2 playthroughs... He wouldn't do that if he wasn't having fun as I'm sure the first 30 or so hours with a game would be more than enough to write a review.

Either way, it's not like I'll listen Tuesday anyway, cause I'll be actually playing the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.