Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Machine Gun Parts Missing Piece

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By chrjz

So, I'm trying to do the quest you get from the Middle of Nowhere bounty board to collect the machine gun parts in the Salt Flats and I can't find the magazine! I've looked everywhere and I have all the other pieces.  Does anyone know?

Lolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Lolo

Make it your active quest, it'll put your waypoint on it.  One of them (likely the magazine) is on top of a tower you must approach from behind and climb the debris to reach.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chrjz

I'll have a look again, but putting it as your active quest just puts the waypoint in the the general location of all the parts. Thanks for your help.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chokobo

I had an issue in the quest where you harvest the shock crystals where the waypoint was set in the middle of the first room in the caves and wouldn't move, even though there was nothing there.  The waypoints are the one thing that bug me sometimes in this game.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By _Phara0h_

Look on top of the buildings, some objects you will need to look around to get them or under stuff...

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Can someone tell me where this is? I've been looking for nearly an hour and can't find this one piece. This is my last quest too :\

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

DO NOT TRUST THE ACTIVE WAYPOINTS!!!  There are two pieces on two separate "gun part" quests that I've done so far which lead you to the wrong place. 

Either way, I haven't gotten to the Salt Flats yet.  I've been having to jump in with slightly lower-level friends the past few days and help them catch up a bit to where I'm at.  lol  I'm in Rust Commons still, but I've already been to Treacher's Landing (which was awesome).  I'm gettin' there.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Yeah I lost hope in the waypoints way back on my first 'gun quest', there's a thread around here showing it too as that's when I realized how these waypoints only steered my into the general area. 

All the same, I'm having terrible luck finding this damned Machine Gun Magazine, I've searched everywhere (except the one place I apparently need to be). I'm about to give up and work on another guy, hopefully someone else will find it and point me in the right direction so I can finish this damned quest.

mikeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikeface

Its on the circle hut directly north of the waypoint and 90 degree object on the map
    Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Hilikus

It's on top of one of the huts in the area around the waypoint.

mikeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikeface

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

Guys, the waypoints sometimes aren't meant to lead you straight to it. In the Lost Cave the waypoint appears at the beginning because it's basically saying, "You're here, now go find them because they're pretty obvious when you see them." 

Same with the guns - the waypoints are set in a general area so you have the challenge of finding where they're hidden.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#13  Edited By Savage
    @jakob187 said:
    " DO NOT TRUST THE ACTIVE WAYPOINTS!!! 
    This is true; the waypoints can lead you astray.  I've had 2 occasions now where a waypoint for a weapon scavenge quest remained at the location of a piece I had already collected, so that the only piece left was somewhere completely different from where the waypoint indicated.  This has happened to me a minority of the time, and it seems to only have the possibility of occurring if you collect the weapon pieces out of order. 
    MrRams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrRams

The weapon parts are usually easy to find aside from one of the pieces. The last piece you try to find is usually high above ground or way down below, i found this and the sniper missing pieces frustrating as hell, but they are around. There is also a mission to find boxes of cigars, again, the last box was way up high and took me a while to find, DAMN you Borderlands!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.