Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Will Experience Count Towards new Level Cap?

Avatar image for chromaticpanther
    ChromaticPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ChromaticPanther

Hey guys, just curious if I start playing the new Claptrap DLC will the experience that I gain there work towards earning levels when the new patch comes out in October?

Thanks.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Bouke
    @ChromaticPanther:
    i think it does... if i remember correctly Jeff mentioned something like that before the release of General Knoxx (when the level cap was raised for the first time). I can't find anything about this on the Borderlands messageboards.
    matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By matt

I would very much doubt it

Tiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Tiz

The value of the XP counter in the menu does not change.  So I would guess not.

Avatar image for chromaticpanther
    ChromaticPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChromaticPanther

Thanks for the responses guys, this seems to be the general consensus around the internet as well. All the forums don't seem to remember if it happened when General Knoxx came out or not. I just recently got into Borderlands so I'm totally in the dark. I think that it was a silly move on Gearbox's side that they put a brand new DLC out and then two weeks after that DLC something to raise the level cap... just seems a little ass-backwards to me.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By matt

It's a shame but I still enjoyed the new DLC.

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By tmlim

No, I very much doubt it, because it didn't do it when Knoxx came out.  I was playing at level 50 for a long time getting lots of experience, and when Knoxx came out, I didn't get any credit for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.