Zombie Island Of Dr.Ned Video Preview!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/43115/borderlands/videos/borderlands_dlc_vdp_110909.html

also a written preview 
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/104/1044437p1.html

thoughts?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Looks pretty neat. And 50 new quests? Count me in!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187

Now to comment... 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, DOOD! 

I figured that for $10, it would be like a little instanced area like Skag Gully and that's it.  However, this is an entire new zone like Arid Badlands or Dahl Headlands of Rust Commons. 

• Five instanced areas with new bosses
  • New enemies include regular zombies that can crawl around if the bottom half of them it blown off; Tankensteins, which will carry weapon crates on their backs; suicide bomber zombies; zombie psychos
  • 6-10 hours of gameplay
  • 50+ quests
  • $10.00

Just hearing what is going to be in it, I feel like $10 will feel like I'm stealing this shit!!! 

I'm curious if the area is solely end-game content or if it will be scaled down in level for Playthrough 1...and I'm also curious if there are new weapons that will be showing up.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

That looks really cool!

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I was really down on this before I bought Borderlands, but now I'm super stoked.  And, according to the video, it is WAY bigger than I thought it would be.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
@natetodamax said:
" That looks really cool! "
It sucks that you haven't gotten to play it yet.  If you've played it, you know just how big of a DLC pack this is for $10 based on the info they are giving.  Like, seriously...knowing how big an area is in Borderlands, this is like Fallout 3 big. 

One other issue that I'm thinking about, though...if there are 50 new quests, what incentive do I have to finish them?  I mean, at level 50, I can't do anything with the experience.  Will there be worthwhile weapons and class mods and stuff to get from them?  I'll do them either way, but seriously, it makes me wonder if they are willing to increase the level cap already.  =  /
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
@jakob187: I think I'm gonna get it on the 20th, my birthday
Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Looks awesome. Borderlands, L4D2 and MW2 will all be competing for my love. I'm not sure I can choose between them all.

timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By timay

hope i dont have to wait too long after the xbox360/ps3 for the pc version.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
@natetodamax said:
" @jakob187: I think I'm gonna get it on the 20th, my birthday "
Dood, DLC comes out on November 24th!!!  Make sure you have some points on stockpile, sir!
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By natetodamax
@jakob187: If I get enough birthday money, maybe I'll get some points as well.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By FunExplosions

Wow. Some worthwhile dlc for a change.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Rhaknar

some comments since I only linked the story in my original post (and thanks to whoever embeded it, no idea how to do that):

- its a lot... different than i thought it would be. there only seems to be one recycled enemy, the psycho (as psycho zombie now), rest seems all new models, not just skins, which is awesome.
- no guns on the enemies is awesome, makes the gameplay quite different from the majority of borderlands
-did they say the zombies constantly spawn around you, you dont really seem them first? thats crazy
-it looks awesome (although im not a big fan of the night time in borderlands so we'll see...) and very different from anything in borderlands...which is good
-50 quests, thats pretty good for dlc, like someone said, its basically like a whole new zone, not just a new dungeon
-no mention of a level cap increase which was expected (to me at least), i dont mind since i didnt really do much at 50 (basically got 50 midway through the second playthrough, finished it and thats it)
-no mention of new weapons, this HAS TO BE IN tho, otherwise whats the point
-that big zombie had a freaking red weapons locker...on his back! 
-dr.ned is totally dr.zed with a fake mustache >_>

ill get it for sure, just hope the european PSN isnt late as usual with it

Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Napalm

OMFG!1 Nerdgasm!

Sorry. -_-

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Brunchies

This looks awesome and the content defiantly seems worth the price. 

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pinkshley1

dude, I want this so bad. Man come christmas im gonna be gettin a shitload of games & DLC!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
@Rhaknar: Well, if this is end-game content, then they need to offer some form of continuous replayability to it in some format.  Weapons, class mods, and grenade mods would definitely be those things. 

Oh well.  This shit is soooooo boughteded.
androdro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By androdro
that fake moustache was funny,  wonder if the enemy lvl will be adjusted to the player lvl.  Hopefully we will get this in eu on the same time as us, hate it when eu gets nothing
Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ramyun

Dude that big zombie that carries the damn weapons chest on his back totally sold me! I wanna kill some ZAMBIES!!!

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By phonics

I would take that 6-10 hours of gameplay with a huge grain of salt. Remember when Borderlands was supposed to take 50 hours to beat? Yeah.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
@Phonics said:
" I would take that 6-10 hours of gameplay with a huge grain of salt. Remember when Borderlands was supposed to take 50 hours to beat? Yeah. "
Um, no.  50 hours to level 50 was what they said, and even then, it took me at least 35-40 hours personally.  Then again, I also played through from Arid Badlands to Dahl Headlands about three times over with separate characters before I kept advancing. 

Regardless, 6-10 hours for an entirely separate area with 50 quests = Rust Commons West AND East if you're super familiar with them and can run directly to the quests without killing stuff along the way. 

Also, in the video, it looks like that character is in his mid-30s, so I'm assuming that this will be supported through P1 AND P2.  Hopefully, we can get some clarification on that soon enough. 

For $10, though...I'm definitely not going to complain if they are adding an area that is this big + more instances.  I just want there to be more end-game for Borderlands, but without it being an MMO with set drops on bosses...I just don't see how end-game could be added into it at all.  =  /
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By penguindust

Awesome.  Looks like a lot of fun.  I like the idea that some zombies are sporting weapons chests.  That's just goofy fun.  I hope there is another "fix claptrap" quest for more storage space.  I'll almost certainly be picking this one up. 

Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Napalm
@Phonics said:
" I would take that 6-10 hours of gameplay with a huge grain of salt. Remember when Borderlands was supposed to take 50 hours to beat? Yeah. "
It's $10 for a huge new area. Shut the fuck up.

Kidding.

Not really.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MeierTheRed

I'm getting it for sure.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 34

#26  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Borderlands + killing zombie scum = 32 flavors of awesome.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Brb, need to change my diaper.

kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By kwyee
@PenguinDust said:

" Awesome.  Looks like a lot of fun.  I like the idea that some zombies are sporting weapons chests.  That's just goofy fun.  I hope there is another "fix claptrap" quest for more storage space.  I'll almost certainly be picking this one up.  "

Are you adverse to some hex editing ?  If you're on PC, it's a simple config text file change :) 
I set mine to 100 after finishing playthrough 2 with my main. i dont waste as much time dropping guns and picking up others and traveling back to town.  That gets old after 50+ hrs :|   
However, it does make the 'fix claptrap' quests far less compelling (although in p2 they're uncompelling anyways since they give you a useless grenade mod 90% of the time) 
Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Warfare

Sold !  

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By bwooduhs

This is gonna steal my life away all over again. No level cap increase though.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By squirtle_squad

id really like for them to increase the level cap. i dont know why but thats sorta stopping me from buying this. 
i should get it though it looks like fun.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By artofwar420

Seems awesome, specially if the story is a bit more fleshed out, that's the only thing that wasn't as great as the rest as the Borderlands package. And that package was awesome.

Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Napalm
@squirtle_squad said:
" id really like for them to increase the level cap. i dont know why but thats sorta stopping me from buying this. i should get it though it looks like fun. "
Why would that stop you from buying Borderlands? The level cap does not exactly take a couple of hours to reach. Hell, thirty hours later and level 35 and I still haven't reached it.
squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By squirtle_squad
@Napalm:
no not borderlands but this dlc.  
i fucking love borderlands :)
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Driadon

Need PC release date BADLY. Holy hell, that looks so awesome.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Dude totally getting this. This looks like some DLC that I wont feel like getting ripped off when I purchase it.

Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Napalm
@squirtle_squad said:
" @Napalm: no not borderlands but this dlc.  i fucking love borderlands :) "
Oh. You said "buying this" in present tense so I figured you meant the game, haha.
Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Alphazero

Zombies looked like they were leveled in the mid-30s or so. Should be good to go with an end-of-playthrough-1 character.

Can't wait!

kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kingkorn69

I can't wait for this now! This is going to be freakin awesome! 

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By End_Boss

RAD.

Any word on a level cap increase?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Scooper

That Dr. Ned guy seems very familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it though. I feel as if I've met this person before.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Shadow

Why is there a level cap in this game anyway?  I think that's one of its main faults.  My interest in this is only hampered by the fact that I know my guy will be just as strong going out as he was going in, although with a few more trinkets.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By penguindust
@kwyee:   

Well, I'm on a PS3, so hex editing is out of the question.  One of the small sacrifices I made for the option to experience the game on my big screen TV.  And, honestly, I just don't enjoy playing FPSs on my PC anymore.  I used to, but not so much anymore.  I'm lazy these days I guess.  I'll freely admit that they function better on a PC, but accuracy is another thing I am willing to trade for ease.   I tend to use my PC for other types of games where the differences in functionality is more apparent to me.  Anyway, I believe there is an achievement/trophy for acquiring 43 storage slots, and I am at 39.  So, even though I'm currently on my second play-through (level 45 and climbing), I'm missing a claptrap.  
Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Xelloss

I am wondering how they are going to handle the DLC for PC, cause basically with their current system its just going to be pirated.  They might as release it free after making money of Xbox and PS3 people.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xyzygy
@Phonics said:
It took me 60 something. And that's with one character.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#47  Edited By Sin4profit

I wonder if the price is so low because they intent to release ALOT of these DLC add ons.
I'm definitely getting this when it's released. too bad they didn't release in time for Halloween, fit the mood....then they coulda released a Christmas pack where ya charge the northern snowy areas killing elves and raindears and weapon crates are great big'ol presents!!! 
...i'm into that kinda thing.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thecleric

I gotta say, this DLC doesn't look very Sniper Mordy friendly, might have to go Gunslinger.. Also I have a feeling Fire/Explosion Shotgun is going to be nuts against hordes of zombies. 

Hate the quality of the PC port, but the core gameplay is still a lot of fun so I'll probably pick this up, maybe they'll make it free to make up for the stiff PC port? Not that they have to, I'd buy it either way. Oh well, back to hitting 30.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By End_Boss
@Scooper said:
" That Dr. Ned guy seems very familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it though. I feel as if I've met this person before. "
Indeed, he does bear a certain likeness to... EGADS!

What has science DONE?!
 What has science DONE?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.