Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Botanicula

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

A surreal point-and-click adventure game from Amanita Design, starring a band of tiny forest-dwelling creatures who are trying to save their home.

So I just finished the game

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Aetheldod

Bought it today ,  took me acording to steam 3.2 hours ... not to long but if I must say it is quite a ride and because of the humble thing it came out very cheap , I highly recomend it , also check out the QL it is a good indication of how the game developes also has one nice soundtrack , also some of the puzzles takes some thinking , but not mind bending so you wont be stuck , also you do get a map , its a bit hard to read though ,  but to the duders that has played how many cards did you missed?  I missed 7 .. darn it :/

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I found the game irresistibly endearing and serenely placid. It's not much of a game, though, and I still feel that Machinarium is still their greatest accomplishment, to date. Just play the game and support the developers.

Askherserenity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Askherserenity

I just bought it a bit ago...I think im going to have a bit longer play time. I'm kinda stuck trying to get all the birds. I just have 3 left but I am sorta lost now :[

EDIT:

Ok, scratch that. I only have ONE left. The one in the Asian looking room. Hmm

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bravestar

I'm stuck at the room with the floating balls. I jumped on a ball and now all I can do is switch between 3 of them. what do?

edit: figured it out and finished the game. I don't know how many cards I missed, but I think I got 111 in total.

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5  Edited By SenatorSpacer

I'm also stuck at the room with the floating balls. Any advice?

EDIT: Nevermind, was focusing on the wrong thing.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Tordah

I just finished it and I must say I absolutely loved it. I can't remember the last time I laughed at so much silliness in a video game. GOTY sound design right there.

I got 113/123 cards. I'll probably replay it at some point and try to find them all.

edenspresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By edenspresence

Just finished it too - that really was a very relaxing way to spend a few hours :D

d0rado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By d0rado

Only 107/123, but this game was really enjoyable and I'll definitely replay it again to find the rest. Surprisingly great game.

yokunakatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By yokunakatta

90 something/123. Liked like quite a bit. My favorite part was the moments when something contradicted the charming cutesy vibe, particularly when the puppet theatre shows them knifing the spider. Not as good as Machinarium, but nonetheless a solid entry. Machinarium had this tinny, city-like vibe to it that is completely opposite to Botanicula. I think the story and emotional aspect that came with Machinarium's length made it a better game. Though it might have also been a matter of when it was released. Machinarium was such a breath of fresh air when it came out. Botanicula was simpler and easier to play but not as fun compared to Machinarium's puzzle. Not sure which soundtrack I prefer...

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By cosi83

Really enjoying it. Loved Machinarium

Very uplifting

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Winternet

I LOVE this game. More people should play it. There was times that I had to stand back in my chair and just admire the damn thing. So good.

Edit: 120/123 dammit. Where did I miss those 3?

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By liako21

just finished it. 113/123 kind of surprised because i feel like i clicked the shit out of every environment. great game i didnt expect it to end so suddenly at the end there. i was wanting to play more! not sure if i will go back and find those other cards.

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By 1p

Love this game. It's impossible not to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.