Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bottlerocket Entertainment

Company »

Founded by Jay Beard (former head of Sony San Diego), BottleRocket Entertainment was best known for its development work on The Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kasai.

Loading Screens from BottleRocket's Cancelled "The Flash" Game

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

I was searching around for information to write up a page for these guys, and I happened across a blogspot page for Roger Robinson.  Apparently, he was working on the cancelled project of DC's The Flash with BottleRocket (the one that was being made before Brash went out of business).  Either way, I've gotta say...after this whole Splatterhouse fiasco (and then finding out that BottleRocket is already working on another game for someone)...I would really like to see how they would do a game of The Flash.  This artwork is really really good, as well:

Loading screen of The Flash from the cancelled
    Loading screen of The Flash from the cancelled "The Flash" project with Brash Entertainment

Loading screen of The Flash from the cancelled
    Loading screen of The Flash from the cancelled "The Flash" project with Brash Entertainment

Loading screen of Captain Cold from the cancelled
    Loading screen of Captain Cold from the cancelled "The Flash" project with Brash Entertainment

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The middle one wasn't a load screen, was it? Looks more like a promotional poster.

That stuff looks pretty awesome, though. The Flash is cool.
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By albedos_shadow

Man, I'm really digging that art style. Kinda want to see how it would have turned out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "The middle one wasn't a load screen, was it? Looks more like a promotional poster.
    That stuff looks pretty awesome, though. The Flash is cool."
    Upon a little further research, the one you are talking about would've been a loading screen at the end of a demo to be presented at a trade show.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I just posted them up the minute I had found them without doing a ton more research on the project, as I had just recently found out about it while doing research for this page.  I'll update it ASAP.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ImpendingFoil

The art and character design are really great on those pictures.  I was not even aware a Flash game was ever even in development but seeing how he is one of my all time favorites this is something I would have picked up, even if it was terrible.

That is also one of the coolest depictions of Captain Cold I have ever seen.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

I always dreamed of watching the loading screens of a cancelled game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187

If you think this stuff is nuts, did you know that BottleRocket was originally going to be doing the Watchmen game?  I didn't...but here's the concept art that was done before they walked off of the project:

Black_Rose said:
    "I always dreamed of watching the loading screens of a cancelled game."
    I just thought it was an interesting discovery that, as I've found, not many people even bothered reporting on.  The art itself is fucking awesome, and it's sad to see that it's just been...well...kind of forgotten.  

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Emilio

Wow, all that artwork looks fantastic.
    The Watchmen pieces are also pretty fantastic.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187

I was reading his blogspot (it's called Hardboiled Ronin), and it's all digitally painted in ArtRage or something like that.  Very impressive.  Hopefully, he'll be able to leak the next game that BottleRocket is working on now that they are off Splatterhouse.

...and after reading that rumors are abound with them getting back onto The Flash, I'm really really REALLY curious what the game they are working on is!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.