Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brad Muir

Person » credited in 13 games

Video game designer, best known for his time spent working at Double Fine Productions.

Mortal Konnery, youthful folly or Brad Muir's greatest Game? ;)

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HarlechQuinn

While browsing through my 1UP Show collection, precisely the "Not the 1UP Show Episode 1" episode I stumbled around a game called "Mortal Konnery/Ultimate Connery Fighting Contest" which has Design credits for Brad Muir, the main creator was Jeff Slutter other credited people were Geoff Soulis, Joe Jobst, John Schuch, Andy Crosby and some more, unfortunately you only see a small glimpse of the credits.

According to the video, this game was created by an "Allstar Team" consisting of people from Reactor Zero, Double Fine, Ritual, Sucker Punch and others for a fictional holiday called "Sean Connery Day" (11th of March) in their free time.

As you might already guessed you can't buy this game.

If you are able to get the stream running on the linked Site, it seem to doesn't work for me, the "Mortal Konnery/Ultimate Connery Fighting Contest" part starts at 01:14 and lasts till 07:55, part of the credits (which spawned this weird Forum entry) appear at 04:45.

Please note that the Video consists of material which might be considered as NSFW, especially the special attack of Zed/Sean Connery.

Purpose of this Forum entry... I don't know.... But in my advocacy I will say it's late and I still suffer from slight fever... I was just really amazed when I saw Brad Muir's name in the credits of this game...

Don't know if this game deserves a wiki entry, as it seems that you can't really find that much information about it besides the stuff which can be seen in the video...

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Actually, that brings up an interesting question: can we add games to the database if there's clear evidence that they existed in some form (some playable form) but were never intended for release? I mean, we have it for canceled games, but those had some intention of release at some point, so I'm not too sure on this...

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trav

@Video_Game_King said:

Actually, that brings up an interesting question: can we add games to the database if there's clear evidence that they existed in some form (some playable form) but were never intended for release? I mean, we have it for canceled games, but those had some intention of release at some point, so I'm not too sure on this...

Only in the case that Sean Connery figures heavily into the game's core content or overall design. Also, I don't know.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ramone

@Trav said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Only in the case that Sean Connery figures heavily into the game's core content or overall design. Also, I don't know.

Of course, the Sean Connery Law. It's one of the main tenants of the Giant Bomb wiki.

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trav

@Ramone said:

@Trav said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Of course, the Sean Connery Law. It's one of the main tenants of the Giant Bomb wiki.

Exactly! I'll take my moderator's badge now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.