Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brad Shoemaker

Person » credited in 3 games

Brad Shoemaker was a senior editor of Giant Bomb from 2008 to 2021, and a former editor for GameSpot. He was the third host of the Giant Bombcast. Voice of an angel.

Is there a way to filter reviews by reviewer?

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

Alright, so here's the deal. I was having a discussion with a friend about Brad's Fable III review. I felt the score was a little unfair, but when I went back, him and I had a majority of the same complaints, though he felt they impacted the game a little more than I did. The same situation for Final Fantasy XIII. So, I wanted to go back and read a few of his reviews on other games, to see if this is a continuing trend. But, as far as I can tell, I can't sort them by reviewer. is there something I'm missing? 

On the likely chance there's not, does anyone know of specific games that Brad has reviewed? Preferably ones that he gave mediocre reviews, but any game will do.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cirdain

racist

p.s. You are going to get shitted on by people with sense, so much. Good luck. Find a trowel.

CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
    @Cirdain: with sense so much?
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By coaxmetal

No option that I know of. Also Cirdain's comment made no sense at all. 

This does nicely illustrate the point that the text of a review is really the important part though.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

Go to this page. It says "by Brad Shoemaker" on all the reviews by Brad Shoemaker.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Choi

Lost planet 2 was a problematic one for people too. It's a personal opinion. Get to know Brad, and his perspective on games. Then, his reviews will tell you everything you need to know about the game. Same goes for the others, Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Dave.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By George_Hukas

Hey he liked it better than Lost Planet 2 ..

In all seriousness though it's an opinion, get over it.

CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i feel like people are taking this the wrong way. i'm not upset, or disappointed in what Brad has to say. I fully understand reviews are opinions. I just think that it's funny that him and I will pick out almost all of the same flaws in a game, and I just wanted to see if that was a coincidence in those two games, or if most games are like that. The number score doesn't matter to me as much, though it does provide an interesting insight into what sort of flaws ruin a game for him

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FrankWeidner
    @CoheedFavorHouse said:
    " i feel like people are taking this the wrong way. i'm not upset, or disappointed in what Brad has to say. I fully understand reviews are opinions. I just think that it's funny that him and I will pick out almost all of the same flaws in a game, and I just wanted to see if that was a coincidence in those two games, or if most games are like that. The number score doesn't matter to me as much, though it does provide an interesting insight into what sort of flaws ruin a game for him "
    I think it has something to do with being a reviewer. He plays SO many games that aren't broken, I'm guessing an otherwise fun game with major, inexplicable flaws (like the outright stupid menu design of Fable III) is a bit harder to forgive for him than it is for you.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

Hey, where did the new Brad Shoemaker image come from?

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By teptom
    @LordAndrew said:
    " Hey, where did the new Brad Shoemaker image come from? "
    Nintendo did some special art when they sent Art Academy to reviewers.
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By lego_my_eggo
    This is where you would go, but for some reason staff reviews don't appear in there profile. Some one should tell the top men.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.