Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brad Shoemaker

Person » credited in 3 games

Brad Shoemaker was a senior editor of Giant Bomb from 2008 to 2021, and a former editor for GameSpot. He was the third host of the Giant Bombcast. Voice of an angel.

That's Our Brad

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

That Brad, he's so crazy.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Team player Brad. Real smooth.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By evildeadron

brad cant concentrate on healing people when there is meat on a stick around
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ververdan0226

Quick note: Is Follow now the new term for Add a Friend following the update??

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @ververdan0226: No, they're seperate now as far as I know.

Edit: Scratch that, I can't find the Add as Friend button now so I guess they're the same now. Weird, thought Coonce said they were seperate.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ververdan0226
    @eroticfishcake: What does it do then?? I don't see Add a Friend...
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ververdan0226
    @ververdan0226: Oh cool, that'll be so helpful for me in keeping track of blogs on GB... it'll let me follow the regular bloggers. Nice little update.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Driadon

Oh Brad, what sort of shenanigans will you get into next?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

Our gaming ambassador, Brad, showing who's boss.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MetalR

Brad is a motherfucking beast!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

"Brad has an exaggerated reputation for being bad at games when the heat is on and the cameras are rolling."

I love this quote, haha. But he ended up pulling it together. :)

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By TheKidNixon
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " "Brad has an exaggerated reputation for being bad at games when the heat is on and the cameras are rolling."  "
    I found that pretty amusing myself. Though I think you might replace the word "exaggerated" with "demonstrable." ;) Just kidding Mr. Shoemaker, love you.
    sammpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sammpoo

This thread should be deleted. Stop mocking Brad, he is one of the main writer's for the site and here you all are laughing at him because he played bad at ARMY OF TWO- which is a shit game anyway. You guys are a disgrace and I hope a mod comes in soon to clean this mess

This community has been going downhill for a while now but this is the final nail in the coffin

EvangelBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EvangelBlue
    @sammpoo said:
    " This thread should be deleted. Stop mocking Brad, he is one of the main writer's for the site and here you all are laughing at him because he played bad at ARMY OF TWO- which is a shit game anyway. You guys are a disgrace and I hope a mod comes in soon to clean this mess  This community has been going downhill for a while now but this is the final nail in the coffin "
    dude, chill.

They're just teasing him. Just friendly banter, nothing serious.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187
    @sammpoo said:
    " This thread should be deleted. Stop mocking Brad, he is one of the main writer's for the site and here you all are laughing at him because he played bad at ARMY OF TWO- which is a shit game anyway. You guys are a disgrace and I hope a mod comes in soon to clean this mess  This community has been going downhill for a while now but this is the final nail in the coffin "
    Sorry, troll...but the bridge is over >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this way.  Wait under there for the PROPER thread to hassle. 

As for Brad...I was worried that it was going to say something about him excelling greatly at the game under pressure.  I'm glad it all turned out okay in the end.  = D
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17  Edited By natetodamax

lulz

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeneralTurkle
    @sammpoo said:
    im pretty sure this is just a joke dude, back off. plus, it's army of two- 40th day
    sammpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sammpoo
    @EvangelBlue said:
    " @sammpoo said:
    dude, chill.  They're just teasing him. Just friendly banter, nothing serious. "
    yeah ok sorry, just first people were calling him fat a few weeks ago and now this. I guess I'm going to be called a troll here but I was just saying this because Brad isn't going to, and if you were in his shoes I'm sure you wouldn't want people laughing at you
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kazona

Brad Rules!

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ververdan0226
    @sammpoo said:

Dude, chill out. Troll somewhere else. I was teasing Brad as evidenced with my whole "Tee-hee. Couldn't resist." aspect of the post. I simply thought it was cool that he was mentioned in an article on Bitmob and was not mocking him in any way, shape or form. This is jesting at the most. Hope you understand.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Milkman
    @sammpoo said:

" @EvangelBlue said:

" @sammpoo said:
    dude, chill.  They're just teasing him. Just friendly banter, nothing serious. "
    yeah ok sorry, just first people were calling him fat a few weeks ago and now this. I guess I'm going to be called a troll here but I was just saying this because Brad isn't going to, and if you were in his shoes I'm sure you wouldn't want people laughing at you "
    Big difference between calling him fat and joking about something that people have been teasing Brad about for years.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187
    @sammpoo said:
    " @EvangelBlue said:
    " @sammpoo said:
    yeah ok sorry, just first people were calling him fat a few weeks ago and now this. I guess I'm going to be called a troll here but I was just saying this because Brad isn't going to, and if you were in his shoes I'm sure you wouldn't want people laughing at you "
    No one is laughing AT Brad.  I don't know the dood personally, but I'm sure that he's got no problem poking fun at himself...especially when he was trying like hell to not die in the Uncharted 2 Quick Look.
    Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Computerplayer1
    @ververdan0226 said:
    " @sammpoo said:

Dude, chill out. Troll somewhere else. I was teasing Brad as evidenced with my whole "Tee-hee. Couldn't resist." aspect of the post. I simply thought it was cool that he was mentioned in an article on Bitmob and was not mocking him in any way, shape or form. This is jesting at the most. "
    Don't feed the troll.
    sammpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sammpoo
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " "Brad has an exaggerated reputation for being bad at games when the heat is on and the cameras are rolling."  I love this quote, haha. But he ended up pulling it together. :) "
    yeah sure "no one" is laughing at Brad...
    GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GeneralTurkle
    @sammpoo said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " "Brad has an exaggerated reputation for being bad at games when the heat is on and the cameras are rolling."  I love this quote, haha. But he ended up pulling it together. :) "
    yeah sure "no one" is laughing at Brad... "
    dude he is laughing at a quote someone else said, chill dude
    sammpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sammpoo
    @GeneralTurkle said:

" @sammpoo said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:
    dude he is laughing at a quote someone else said, chill dude "
    meh just responding to what  jakob69 said

and yes he is laughing at brad
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @sammpoo said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    HAHA! You fail sir for not even reading the article at hand...I see you have spread your misinformed word throughout this thread a lot already.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By weltal
    @sammpoo said:
    Cheese it! It's Brad's mother!
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @sammpoo said:
    " @GeneralTurkle said:

" @sammpoo said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

"
    Shown by my added emphasis, I think it is obvious I was laughing at the quote. But, because this is your opinion, feel free to believe whatever you want.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ververdan0226
    @sammpoo said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    Fine you win. You uncovered my master plan. Death to Brad! Death to Brad! Death to Brad! 

Chant it with me people! sammpoo uncovered our plan. Jig's up. Death to Brad! 

Seriously dude, chill. I'm done feeding you after this. The community's gotten a little worse as of late, I agree, but you're kind of part of that decline. Sorry.
    sammpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sammpoo
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @sammpoo said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    HAHA! You fail sir for not even reading the article at hand...I see you have spread your misinformed word throughout this thread a lot already. "
    I did read the rather insulting article. And how is my word misinformed? The guy writing the article says Brad is "bad at games" and you're laughing your ass off like the sad troll you are, pathetic
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

That made me laugh so much. I love Aaron Thomas's writing.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ververdan0226
    @sammpoo: He said he has an "exaggerated reputation" in the article and is poking fun at his friend and former co-worker. How is that mockery or making-fun-of?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By JoelTGM

haha, "it was a pleasure dieing with you"

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GeneralTurkle

just stop feeding the monster, let it die

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#37  Edited By Symphony
    @sammpoo said:
    " @GeneralTurkle said:

" @sammpoo said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

"
    What are you -- his mom? If I had someone I didn't know "standing up for me" in joke threads, I'd be creeped out and think they were a budding stalker. If you need to fly the flag of justice around and fight the evils of the world, go fight poverty or famine or something. Part of the package of fame -- on the internet or otherwise -- is the fact that people will poke fun at you.  Brad's a big boy; I'm sure people sharing a giggle over an article that has  some fun at his expense won't scar him for life. And if it does, well... scars are pretty sexy, so it's a win-win situation.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sammpoo said:
    "yeah sure "no one" is laughing at Brad... "
    You aren't his mom man chill, we all love and respect Brad here just like the other GB staff members. 

Back on topic: Aahha that does sound like our brad pulling his world famous.
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Brad

Don't worry, Aaron Thomas will get his.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @sammpoo: /facepalm

I am going to take a cue (the right one) from ververdan0226 and stop feeding the real troll at hand here. However, as a final statement, I'll say that I was laughing at a quote that Aaron Thomas wrote about. Is it poking fun at Brad? Sure! But as Aaron Thomas usually does, he evolves his article to contradict or refute a commonly-thought point by its conclusion, shown by another interesting piece of writing here. But, alas, I know these "arguments" always progress in a hidebound and one-sided way so I'll stop here.
    ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ethan

Everyone...  Brad is crying downstairs right this moment.    

Let's stop the hate.   

Let's make the love. 

Upload your best photoshopped pics of Brad sucking at games.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By breadfan
    @sammpoo said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    Even the crew messes with Brad about 'pulling a Brad'.  Stop overreacting.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
    deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad is awesome. =D

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JJOR64

That was a good laugh.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45  Edited By natetodamax
    @sammpoo said:
    It's an inside joke.

And Trollville is that way ===>
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By Darkstar614

I like being able to know what Brad's tone was in all those quotes from being on Giantbomb a lot. Pretty epic. "I GOT DUDES SHOOTING ME!"

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47  Edited By Crono

hahaha i really enjoyed that write up, good times.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dbz1995
    @sammpoo said:
    How would you know if the sequel to Army of Two is a good game or otherwise? You haven't played it...have you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.