Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Braid

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 06, 2008

Manipulate time to complete puzzles in this 2D platform game made by indie developer Jonathan Blow.

Braid PC release date announced

SuperMooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperMooseman

Source: shacknews

Jonathan Blow's critically acclaimed platformer Braid will hit the PC for the first time on March 31, according to distributor Stardock. Stardock today opened up preorders for the title on its digital distribution network Impulse. Braid PC will cost $19.95 on the service, a $5 premium over the Xbox Live Arcade version.
    I can't wait to blow my mind with this game on the PC.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Why is it $5 extra on the PC? It was like that with World of Goo too and that's totally dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine any enormous coding expenses on getting it from XBLA to PC, plus Microsoft doesn't get their cut. Seems kinda greedy.
    Y'all should still pay for it and play it. I want a Jonathan Blow game with a bigger budget!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Given World of Goo's piracy numbers, I understand that piracy is a problem. But making it cost more than the Xbox 360 version is only going to cause more people to pirate it.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Marzy

This is good news, I think I'll be getting this. The demo I played on the Xbox was fantastic and I loved the music.

Thank for posting it up. : )

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

This is great for you people who have not experienced the awesomeness that is Braid yet. I have, but...that's beside the point. Go buy it, and $20 is definitely a fair price.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Finally.

The price hike is understandable given the piracy issue, you really cannot be too critical of them for doing so.  You should point your criticism at the pirates who breed these hikes in PC versions. What happened with WoG was a shocker.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

This still isn't out on PC? Man that sucks for PC gamers.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

PC gamers aren't gonna not buy this game because it's $5 extra. Pirates aren't gonna decide whether they're gonna pirate it or not over $5. I guess Indie games on the PC is a double-edged sword. It's a lot easier to make/put up but you'll get half of the people buying it, pirating it.

I won't buy it since I have the 360 version (still haven't beaten it either), but anyone who hasn't should at least try a demo.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

I didn't buy World of Goo until it was on sale on Steam for $15. For some, that $5 increase in price does make a difference.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond

Digital distribution costs more on PC despite the extra choices like Stardock Direct 2 Drive and Steam.  Capcom mentioned this when Bionic Commando Rearmed came out for PC and it cost more there.  Also, Steam costs more still for developers than choices like Stardock.  Practically speaking, it seems Valve charges double what MS or Sony do for putting a downloadable game online.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Kohe321

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to get that.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordAndrew

It seems I'm not the only one who wasn't a fan of the $20 price tag. Thanks for the heads-up. Now I'll buy it for sure.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Diamond

Lots of people were complaining about it on EVERY forum where it was brought up.  It'd better sell well now!  On some other worse internet communities I saw people acting like piracy was justified if the price was $20... Disgusting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.