Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bravely Default

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

An enhanced version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. This edition was localized and released internationally, as opposed to the original Flying Fairy.

Favorite Character So Far?

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I'm five hours in and I already have a clear favorite in the game. Agnes is my character of choice, even if she keeps whining about how she doesn't want to involve anyone else. 5 hours into the game and I am loving it.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edea my favorite. She got charm, style, and able to hold her own. Also helps that she voice by Cassandra Lee Morris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYugzMueM-8

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ringabel is the best name I've ever heard.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edea for sure.

Mgrgrgr!

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlue

For the first time I was actually considering switching to Japanese audio, but I like Edea's voice a lot and it gets a bit better over time. Still kinda weak though, I expected more from some of the voice actors I guess. Though why Karen Strassman and Liam O'Brien aren't voicing main characters blows my mind.

Can someone explain to me why the Japanese have a fascination with women who can't cook? There was that one party chat where Edea says she's gonna make some crazy stuff and it got me thinking. I've played a lot of JRPG's in my time and more often than not there's at least one female character who is terrible at cooking. Is this funny? Is it like, a thing in Japan?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Edea is the only one who hasn't gotten on my nerves yet. Ringabel is kind of growing on me though, which is a huge surprise. Agnes has a grating voice and personality. Tiz just kind of exists.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How is this even a question?Mgrmgrmgrmgr!

So far, I really like Edea. I am liking Ringabel as well. If only he had a better name. Like... Edgar.

Mercury45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

Though why Karen Strassman and Liam O'Brien aren't voicing main characters blows my mind.

While I could certainly see Strassman being cast as Agnes, I don't think O'Brien would've suited either of the male leads. Tiz has the "teenage everyman hero" thing which O'Brien sounds too old for, and I honestly don't think Ringabel could have been cast better. It's just like live acting - some people might just not be suited to some roles, no matter how cool they are.

I think Edea and Ringabel are definitely my favorites so far, at least as far into the game as I am. Cassandra Lee Morris clearly brought her A-game to every recording session. And Ringabel, well... if you're familiar with his actor and know the most famous role he's played, it's a pretty funny contrast.

The perverted old sage is pretty amusing too.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

Agnes is pretty adorable, especially with the Japanese voice track. Also, Holly Whyte is the most "unconventional" white mage I've seen in a long while.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have two. I'll mark them out with spoiler tags though, since they could be construed as such.

Ringabel/Artemis (Black Knight) is an interesting character.

Edea's father, Brave Lee. Because his name is Brave Lee.

ominousbedroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Edea. And Ringabel is actually growing on me when not being a total perv. Even his English VO kinda suits him better than the weird, overly suave Japanese one.

Actually, regarding his name: is it supposed to be a pun? Because of his amnesia? (Not a spoiler but tagging it anyway since it's something you find out after you meet him)

Jawshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jawshua

If Agnes is your favorite character that is UNACCEPTABLE!

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By chemystery

@jawshua: That actually made me laugh out loud. I love how she does that awkward sexy move every time she levels up despite the fact that she is a priestess.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Edea is my favourite, I like her voice actor and her personality. Also I like how her voice actor says "Mrgrgr", it's so weird.

Tiz is perfectly fine in a generic way. Agnes is just UNACCEPTABLE and slightly annoying. I'm certainly warming to the Ringabel character as the story goes on.

Although there is certainly some awful english voice acting for some of the side characters, sooo bad. All the main cast seem fine though.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Superkenon

Yeah, Edea's the most imminently likable character. Ringabel's a one-note douche, but somehow endearingly so. Agnes doesn't add much, but seems to be getting a touch more interesting as the story goes anyway. Tiz is there.

@hailinel said:

Agnes is pretty adorable, especially with the Japanese voice track. Also, Holly Whyte is the most "unconventional" white mage I've seen in a long while.

I don't know what it means that I knew you were going to mention Holly as soon as I saw you posted.

Rolkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

From the 34 hours of it I've played so far, I really like Edea and Agnes. I dunno, the whole entire like feeling behind Agnes is pretty cool. I mean I get she's all like "I MUST DO IT ALONE" in the beginning but gradually they all sorta like become friends, but I feel like this happens in every JRPG sorta either way, it's cute.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

I don't know what it means that I knew you were going to mention Holly as soon as I saw you posted.

She's probably not the first female of that particular personality type I've mentioned having fondness for (or even the second, probably).

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edea for me. dat sword crit.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#19  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Is it a totally viable answer to say "none of them"? They're all so one-note, even by the standards of the games Bravely Default is drawing influence from, but I'll agree that Edea is the most tolerable of the 4 heroes thus far (Tiz is super bland, Anges is slightly less bland and Ringabel is currently just defined by the fact that he has amnesia and he likes the ladies. And is also super obviously Dark Knight guy)

I'm waiting for the big mid-game twist where they bother to develop the characters in any way, but the gameplay is good enough that I'll still like this game when that manages to disappoint.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By Sergio

Edea.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By probablytuna

The creepy old guy is my favourite.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By redyoshi
    @hailinel said:

Ditto on Agnes' Japanese voice actress. There's a few moments in the game already that stand out for me because of her performance.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ringabel. But the narrative has completely lost me; there's too much storytelling, and too much of it is completely forgettable. I've been skipping cutscenes wholesale left, right and center.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mrgrgr!

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By hollitz

Yeah Edea is pretty fantastic.

Dat Mrgrgr.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ohhh the guy with amnesia is named Ringabel. 16 hours in and I just got it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.