Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bravely Default

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

An enhanced version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. This edition was localized and released internationally, as opposed to the original Flying Fairy.

Questionas About Jobs

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Commisar123

So if say I have a Black Mage and I max out their level in Black Mage, but then I switch their main job to White Mage and choose Black Mage as their secondary job (or whatever it's called when you use the abilities of another job). Will they have access to high level Black Mage spells because they have levels in it, or will they still only be able to use level 1 Black Mage Spells because it is not their main job? Follow up question, why do I want to max out multiple jobs on one character? Do I even want to do that? Thankss

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

You have access to all learned abilities from your secondary job.

Maxing out multiple jobs provides access to powerful skill synergies as well as a wider breadth of passive abilities to choose from. For example, M. Attack 30% Up, learned at Time Mage 13, is a potentially useful passive ability for any spellcaster and Mimic, an active ability learned at Freelancer 14, is key to a lot of high damage combos. Beyond that, and this is super end-game stuff here, for every job you've mastered the Freelancer job grants an extra 1% buff to all stats.

EDIT: Or to go a little deeper, if you get everyone up to Red Mage level 9 you can learn the passive ability BP Recovery which gives your character +2 BP when hit by a status ailment. You can then get a Black Mage up to level 14 to learn the passive ability Group-Cast All. Then, every turn you can use your Black Mage to cast Poison-All on your party 3 times, followed by Esuna-All and pretty much always be at full BP.

Then you can get your guys up to Pirate and Swordmaster level 14 to learn Amped Strike and Free Lunch. Amped Strike is an attack that does 4x regular damage that costs 50% of your MP. However, Free Lunch makes all your spells cost 0 MP for two turns. When combined with the above combo you can have an entire party swinging 9 and 12 times on alternating turns for 4x damage.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

What is the level cap on jobs?

I thought they were going to stop at 10, but it seems they go a lot farther than that even.

I left Tiz as a Freelancer for my whole play through now, he's doing very poor damage compared to everyone else, I kind of wanted to cap out a job, but it's getting to the point he's holding me back now.

Mercury45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@kidavenger: Level cap on jobs is 14. Freelancer isn't great unless you've mastered many other jobs due to their inherent ability, so in your case I'd advise putting Freelancer as Tiz's secondary and picking whatever tickles your fancy as his new primary.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

@kidavenger: I wouldn't recommend trying to max out Freelancer until Chapter 3 at the earliest. Ideally you'd be Ablinked with someone who had level 14 Freelancer so you could use Mimic in conjunction with a powerful-if-spammed secondary ability like the Ranger's Multiburst to burn through enemy parties and keep up your Unscathed Hero bonus combined with JP Up. I ended up running through the second half of Chapter 3 with 4 Freelancers. It was a huge pain in the ass. Chapter 3 if you're crazy, Chapter 4 or 5 if you're not min/max obsessed. Of course with Mimic, Miscellany is one of the best secondary abilities for most jobs.

For context:

• Job Level 1-9 - 2500 JP
    • Job Level 10 - 3500 JP
    • Job Level 11 - 4000 JP
    • Job Level 12 - 4000 JP
    • Job Level 13 - 5000 JP
    • Job Level 14 - 5000 JP unless you're a Freelancer in which case it's 9999 JP

EDIT: Do you have me on your friends list? 0860-3414-2108 if not. I have jobs 1-21 mastered for some Ablink goodness.

pg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm early in the game. I must've missed this in the tutorials, but how do I find acquire new jobs?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.