Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Breath of Fire

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 03, 1993

Breath of Fire is the first entry in the relatively successful Breath of Fire series, developed by Capcom. The gameplay is similar to other SNES RPG titles, such as Final Fantasy IV, with turn-based combat and a large medieval-like overworld to traverse.

What do people who have played through Breath of Fire think of it

Bkorns4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bkorns4

Being my favorite RPG of all time, i am curious how other people responded to Breath of Fire. Any thoughts?

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Axersia

The original BoF hasn't really aged well IMO. BoF2, however, is one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By evilhomer

i really enjoyed this game a lot.  i liked the character art for BoF more than any other series.  BoF4 is one of my favorite rpg's i liked that even more than the original and BoF2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I still have great affection for all of the BoF games (except the recent one on PS2--god, that game was so mediocre).

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Axersia
    evilhomer said:
    "i really enjoyed this game a lot.  i liked the character art for BoF more than any other series.  BoF4 is one of my favorite rpg's i liked that even more than the original and BoF2.
    "
    I thought the artwork of the BoF series was always one of its strong points. The series is so diverse in art and music, you really don't see that in any other RPG series. Or any video game series, for that matter.

I'd really like to see a BoF6 that goes back to the series' roots (no post-apocalyptic cyberpunk bullshit, and it needs to have Deis in it). Camelot has some deal with Capcom where they can have access to their franchises, and they have expressed some interest in making a BoF6. I'd love to see a BoF game done by them with the Golden Sun character designer working on it and music done by Motoi Sakuraba.

DarkPriestess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DarkPriestess
    Breath of Fire is one of my favourite series ever.

I dunno; I seem to be one of the few people who actually enjoyed Dragon Quarter, just because it was so different the others. It was a nice lil' change, and quite challenging to boot. But overall, my favourites are BoF II (loved the story, hated the horrible translation!) and IV.
    Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tanuki
    Pezjulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Pezjulo

It is a great game...not as good as Golden Sun from my point of view, but still awesome...I had a hard time beating it :P

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tally_Pants

I only ever played the first BoF, but I absolutely loved it! I pulled a lot of all-nighters playing through this game, just because I couldn't put my controller down! it's actually one of the few RPGs that I've played through multiple times

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Axersia
    @Tally_Pants said:
    I only ever played the first BoF, but I absolutely loved it! I pulled a lot of all-nighters playing through this game, just because I couldn't put my controller down! it's actually one of the few RPGs that I've played through multiple times
    Oh man, you just resurrected a thread that was posted on the site's launchday. 
    Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tally_Pants
    @Axersia: oh wow! although i did notice it was an old post (3yrs). the chain of events that lead to this were:
    -reading Jeff's tweet about the lacking bugbear page
    -reading the lackluster bugbear page & checking out which games featured a bugbear
    -clicking the BoF2 page and reading it
    -following the link from Bleu's write up to the BoF page
    -checking the forum link and writing here!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.