Ryan Davis tidbit in the latest documentary chapter

#1 Posted by eladren (348 posts) -

Hey guys, just wanted to share something kind of heart warming. The last episode of the broken age developement documentary ("double fine adventure") is up, and although i can't talk about it without talking about the other 14 episodes i caught this:

right over Tim's forearm, General Taswell himself, i didnt expect it, and it inmediately made me grin.
right over Tim's forearm, General Taswell himself, i didnt expect it, and it inmediately made me grin.

on a side note, the game is beautifull, and i have enjoyed it inmensly even if it is a tad too easy.

Also, the documentary alone is worth my backer money, so I'm super pleased with the way things have worked out.

cheers!

#2 Posted by SSully (5627 posts) -

That is really cool.

Also I need to catch up on the documentry episodes, I only caught the first 3 or so.

#3 Posted by Evilsbane (5618 posts) -

That is so fantastic I really like Tim such a genuine person, I wish him and his company all the best they deserve better success from their products, even when they aren't perfect there is so much originality and heart.

#4 Posted by RonGalaxy (4936 posts) -

I think that was in another episode as well (at least someone has brought that same thing up before, except awhile ago). I think its just something that Tim has on his desk. Still really cool though! Anyone know if they plan on making the Doc available to non backers at some point?

#5 Edited by Sargus (790 posts) -

That looks like the pin Giant Bomb gave out to people who went to their PAX Prime panel last year. Whether he got it there or somewhere else, it's really awesome to see it in such a prominent place on his desk.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (17457 posts) -

Yeah, that is awesome. I want to say that someone else actually made a topic about this same thing awhile ago.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
#7 Posted by alwaysbebombing (2691 posts) -

We keep the people who inspire us, close.

#8 Posted by AMyggen (7738 posts) -

<3

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (7830 posts) -

That's pretty awesome. Ryan may be gone, but he's far from forgotten.

#10 Posted by AssInAss (3302 posts) -

Shit, thanks for reminding me I need to check the latest episode :)

#11 Posted by geirr (3739 posts) -
#12 Posted by Capum15 (6005 posts) -

I think this was posted when the backers got the video, or something like that. Still, it's great to show for the people who haven't heard.

#13 Edited by csl316 (14946 posts) -

Neat. Time to go watch.

Ok, that section with the marketing research, where they say to take out all the stuff in Psychonauts that makes it unique... Can you imagine where we'd be without focus testing?

#14 Posted by VoshiNova (2406 posts) -
#15 Edited by StarvingGamer (11517 posts) -

I totally missed that. Guess that's what I get for watching without watching (trying to beat XIII-2 in time!).

:'( Ryan

#16 Posted by noizy (977 posts) -

Those PAX buttons.

#17 Edited by Sushi0 (13 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Neat. Time to go watch.

Ok, that section with the marketing research, where they say to take out all the stuff in Psychonauts that makes it unique... Can you imagine where we'd be without focus testing?

Man, I would pay to be able to read that document. What a crazy crazy thing!

Avatar image for machofantastico
#18 Edited by MachoFantastico (6677 posts) -

Double Fine and Giant Bomb have always seem pretty tight, it's a wonderful little thing though.

#19 Posted by GS_Dan (1438 posts) -

<3>

#20 Posted by robsamuel (139 posts) -

Nice to see.

#21 Edited by probablytuna (5008 posts) -

Pretty sure it has been there for a while, I remember seeing it in a screencap of a previous episode of the documentary. Still, it's nice that Tim Schafer is keeping it on his desk.

#22 Posted by rmanthorp (4632 posts) -

Awesome. Tim is the raddest.

#23 Posted by Jedted (2951 posts) -

@eladren: Nice catch! Is this documentary include the footage shown at PAX East or is it new?

#24 Posted by Willza92 (378 posts) -

:)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.