Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

brutal suprise

Avatar image for totallybananass
    totallybananass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By totallybananass

just started playing brutal legend and i am am not brutally disappointed yet. I bought it cheap mostly to bother a friend who was really jonesing for it and had preordered and ended up not getting it. I remember a lot of reviews whining about the RTS aspects... reminds me kind of like overlord or those types of games more than an RTS. That being said i do love a good RTS (on pc please) and really don't mind that part of the game. Open world is quite as empty as some folks said. I am about 25% of the way thru and hope it stays good.

totallybananass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By totallybananass

just started playing brutal legend and i am am not brutally disappointed yet. I bought it cheap mostly to bother a friend who was really jonesing for it and had preordered and ended up not getting it. I remember a lot of reviews whining about the RTS aspects... reminds me kind of like overlord or those types of games more than an RTS. That being said i do love a good RTS (on pc please) and really don't mind that part of the game. Open world is quite as empty as some folks said. I am about 25% of the way thru and hope it stays good.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@totallybananass said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I bought it on release date and did not enjoy it very much even though I love RTS games as well.

pimpsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pimpsandwich

Brutal Legend definitely starts to lag behind a bit towards the halfway mark, but I will still gladly admit I enjoyed playing it. Hopefully it'll be the same for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed it until it got heavy into the RTS about 3/4 through the game. I went through the same phase where I didn't understand why everyone hated the RTS stuff later...then I got to that part and also hated it. :-( It's such a shame because I love the humor/everything else Tim does.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jking47

Game is pretty fun, better than most people give it credit for.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaggE

The good outweighs the bad with this game, in my opinion. I'd love to see a more fleshed out sequel.

And I still maintain that the "Mister Crowley" cutscene is fucking fantastic.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Canteu

Loved me some Brutal Legend.

Played the shit out of the MP which was purely the RTS part of it. Man, rush to Fire Barons while running over their first waves of useless tier 1 fodder, then fire bomb the stage. Good times.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BonOrbitz

I enjoyed Brutal Legend a lot. I didn't mind the RTS aspect either throughout the entire game. It blew my mind that a lot of people didn't care for the RTS aspect!

I do recommend the DLC that shows you the location of all the rock dragon totems that tell you the back story. Or... you could just cheat and look them up online, but I'd rather give Double Fine some more money for their efforts with this game.

totallybananass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By totallybananass

now about half way thru.. that battle *spoilers* with the tear faction was kinda bad.. but i think it was just trying to figure out their units. i didn't readuntil i bought the dlc that the eye is only for after you beat the game :(

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BonOrbitz

@totallybananass said:

now about half way thru.. that battle *spoilers* with the tear faction was kinda bad.. but i think it was just trying to figure out their units. i didn't readuntil i bought the dlc that the eye is only for after you beat the game :(

Oops. I didn't realize that. They should let you use it before you finish the game.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust

I also liked the game.

totallybananass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By totallybananass

how do i bust the rock dragons free? any point of getting everything after the fact other than chive hunting?

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By WightnNerdy

I really liked Brutal Legend. I appreciated it much more than Ryan did. It's one of the best games of 2009, for sure.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By stonyman65

"Brutal Surprise" is the name of my new eurobeat/sludge metal band. We're pretty good. Check it out.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Stonyman65 said:

"Brutal Surprise" is the name of my new eurobeat/sludge metal band. We're pretty good. Check it out.

Want to do a split with my grindcore/noise band, "totallybananass"?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@totallybananass said:

how do i bust the rock dragons free? any point of getting everything after the fact other than chive hunting?

Hold down square or X (depending on what console you're playing on) near them and that should free them. I really enjoyed Brutal Legend, but like most I felt it was the world rather than the combat which was the really enjoyable part.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Pimpsandwich said:

Brutal Legend definitely starts to lag behind a bit towards the halfway mark, but I will still gladly admit I enjoyed playing it. Hopefully it'll be the same for you.

You mean when they start to force the RTS stuff instead of the normal stuff. 
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By wrighteous86

I don't know, I'm terrible at RTS games and I didn't mind the end of Brutal Legend at all, because - for the most part - I didn't play it as an RTS. I played it in the same style I had been. Granted, I would consistently pump out new units when I had the resources, but aside from that, I just set the "rally flag" on me at all times so all the troops would join me, and I ran to and fought everything myself, and had the army just helping me. That way most of the action was taking place around me, I could use my Facemelters and stuff to their fullest potential, and I could still play it as an action-adventure with very minor squad mechanics.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By louiedog

I played the game sometime last year and I loved it. Some of the side stuff felt like it was dragging so I started only doing some of it and that worked out fine for me. That's how I play most open world games though. It was a great time and I expect that I'll play through it again someday.

I really believe that if the marketing people had advertised what that game was instead of what they thought people most wanted to see if would have been looked at differently. Surprising people like that and attracting a different audience than the one that would have embraced it was probably a mistake.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By stonyman65

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Stonyman65 said:

Want to do a split with my grindcore/noise band, "totallybananass"?

That depends. Do you like Jazz/fusion?

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrockNRolla

I think it starts strong, but it really tires over time. Once the hard-rock fantasy starts to wear, you're left with a pretty crappy rts. It's unfortunate because it starts with so much promise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.