Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

Did anyone get their Tenacious D Guitar codes yet?

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekajarmstro

I just pre-ordered Brutal Legend today from EB Games (which is basically GameStop, and usually has the same offers they do) and I got the (now useless) gamestop exclusive early demo code.  I did not, however, get the Tenacious D guitar code.  Did I get ripped off, or are they going to give them out when you go to pick up the game at release?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

All that matters is that you are going to get the game.  What else do you want?

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

It will most likely be with the game.  Under a sticker or something.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

I wonder if they'll land licensed signature guitars for DLC. As much as I hate microtransactions, I would TOTALLY buy a Dimebag Darrell guitar for Eddie (and better yet also usable as a prop for my XBL avatar).

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
    Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I wonder if they'll land licensed signature guitars for DLC. As much as I hate microtransactions, I would TOTALLY buy a Dimebag Darrell guitar for Eddie (and better yet also usable as a prop for my XBL avatar). "
    If those guitars had sweet solos and different powers, and if they were priced right, i'd get them.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

I just pre-ordered Brutal Legend today too and I had no idea about this, but Im gonna bring it up when I pick up my copy

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

They're going to be on a cardboard card but haven't gotten to stores yet. Well, at least my store anyways. They also aren't guaranteed for anyone that pre-ordered later than about a week ago. So, you should get it when you pick it up. I'd get there as soon as possible on Tuesday to make sure you get one.

Fleshfeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Fleshfeast

Does anyone know how this works? I got my code but I don't want to overload on Jack Black. If I input the code and get the guitar, can I switch back to the default Clementine if I want to?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Ice_Cold_Rayman said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    " I wonder if they'll land licensed signature guitars for DLC. As much as I hate microtransactions, I would TOTALLY buy a Dimebag Darrell guitar for Eddie (and better yet also usable as a prop for my XBL avatar). "
    If those guitars had sweet solos and different powers, and if they were priced right, i'd get them. "

This makes me too much sense.
    Fleshfeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Fleshfeast

Answering my own question here, but apparently you select the "Love Giver" as an upgrade to your guitar, and can add or remove it at the shop.

StarFry64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By StarFry64

The Tenacious D Guitar I don't does anything really unlike the High Voltage guitar or Super Shakers you get later on in MotorForge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.