Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

WHY!

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zereta

Why am I suddenly so interested in this? I'm to young into gaming (I'm only 14 at the moment) to know much about Tim Schafer and his previous games and I never got why people treat him like a god. At first, Brutal Legend was a 'meh' kinda game for me while the people around me were cheering "Tim Schafer! Time Schafer!"

After seeing more of this game... well... whatever that came out of E3, it still looks pretty mediocre to me but damn, suddenly, I want to play this game so much... I just can't explain it.

Can someone help me? Has Tim Schafer's apparent magical abilities taken over my mind or am I just crazy?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I'm here to help! I don't have this crazy Tim Shaffer fetish that alot of people seem to have now days, but I am very excited about this game. Here's why it's good:

• Jack Black is a funny guy, and Tim makes funny games.
    • Tim knows his Metal, and he'll use that knowledge wisely.
    • I haven't played a game where music is used to summon a horse/car in a really long time.

So yeah, I can't wait to play Brutal Legend... maybe I should go play psyconauts?
    Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Happy

You should definitely play Psychonauts. Also the Secret of Monkey Island remake when it hits XBLA.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm afraid I can't quite explain your newfound interest in Schafer despite not actually liking his latest work. However I do have to say that I myself am pretty excited by what I've seen of Brutal Legend and definitely plan to pick up the game when it comes out.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Not a fan of Schafer.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cc23574

It's unique and funny, what many games lack lately.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By alsnuts2

Lemmy and Rob Halford really got me psyched about this game.  Psychonauts was amazing Brutal Legend will rule. Cant wait

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

The only work of Schafer's that I've actually played was Psychonauts. It wasn't the best game I ever played, but it was definitely pretty awesome and had that special something.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Zereta

I think its the uniqueness of the game. Definitely haven't seem anything like this before.

And Psyconauts? Hmm...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.