castiel's Brütal Legend (PlayStation 3) review

Avatar image for castiel

Decapitatioooooooooooooooon!

“Brütal Legend” is a really difficult game for me to review, on one hand I love all the characters, the setting and the humor. Yes this is actually one of the very few games that are legitimately funny, which is not something I experience very often. Games that try to be funny often try to hard or else the humor is pretty stupid and not funny at all like “Death Spank”. But “Brutal Legend” just gets it right on that account. The dialogue is well written and delivered by a talented cast consisting of such names as Jack Black, Tim Curry, Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy Kilmister to name a few.

The presentation of this game is nothing short of spectacular, unfortunately the gameplay isn’t quiet as good. While the first hour of the game consists of hack n’ slash gameplay, it soon turns into a weird Heavy Metal themed RPG game. These RPG battles called Stage Battles is simply not very fun at all.

Nevertheless I finished the story and every single side mission and still was mildly entertained thanks to cut scenes. But other than an extraordinary cool beginning and some well written dialogue, I will only really recommend this one for fans of Double Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine studios.

In fact I wasn’t even interested in checking out the multiplayer, cause the story was the only thing that kept me going and the gameplay itself isn’t strong enough to carry an entire multiplayer experience in my opinion.