Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Bulletstorm: This game is a lot better than I thought!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Edited By huntad

Wow, I mean, from the release trailers and the press coverage, I thought this game was gonna be a big chunk o' shit, but I am very pleasantly surprised to see that I can accept this game. I was expecting this game to be extremely juvenile, and repulsive for that matter, but the trailers really did this game a disservice. All of the "kill your dicks" type language really isn't that bad and is tastefully used. I...actually find this game to be hilarious!

So, not only that, but I am actually liking where the story is headed (i'm on Act 4, Chapter 1) and the characters are good enough. I really like how the main character has this "wreck stuff, figure it out later" mentality, because it leads to a lot of set-piece moments that make me say "oh what did I do, haha!". The wreckless attitude that this game has, I feel, gives it an identity of its own, and I'd like to see a sequel...I think.

I just think that shooters need characters with something that separates them from all of the other 'ruff N tuff' military dudes, and dudettes, out there. The gameplay is holding up, although, I've heard that this game is pretty short. For what it is, the game keeps me engaged the whole way through, and the multiplayer, while empty, is a cool idea and fun when people actually show up. I love coop games, and this game has such a cool concept. I hope it did well enough that more games would at least be possibilities.

So yeah, if you can handle cursing, you can handle this game, because it's not as bad as it seems...and you'll probably really dig it!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By huntad

Wow, I mean, from the release trailers and the press coverage, I thought this game was gonna be a big chunk o' shit, but I am very pleasantly surprised to see that I can accept this game. I was expecting this game to be extremely juvenile, and repulsive for that matter, but the trailers really did this game a disservice. All of the "kill your dicks" type language really isn't that bad and is tastefully used. I...actually find this game to be hilarious!

So, not only that, but I am actually liking where the story is headed (i'm on Act 4, Chapter 1) and the characters are good enough. I really like how the main character has this "wreck stuff, figure it out later" mentality, because it leads to a lot of set-piece moments that make me say "oh what did I do, haha!". The wreckless attitude that this game has, I feel, gives it an identity of its own, and I'd like to see a sequel...I think.

I just think that shooters need characters with something that separates them from all of the other 'ruff N tuff' military dudes, and dudettes, out there. The gameplay is holding up, although, I've heard that this game is pretty short. For what it is, the game keeps me engaged the whole way through, and the multiplayer, while empty, is a cool idea and fun when people actually show up. I love coop games, and this game has such a cool concept. I hope it did well enough that more games would at least be possibilities.

So yeah, if you can handle cursing, you can handle this game, because it's not as bad as it seems...and you'll probably really dig it!

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

Yeah, this game was great. The campaign was a fun (and pretty lengthy) ride. Of all the recent shooting games I've played, Bulletstorm's guns were the most fun to use.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By djstyles92

This game was awesome. Loved its style and humor, but it was also a shit ton of fun to play.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By huntad

@kmdrkul said:

Yeah, this game was great. The campaign was a fun (and pretty lengthy) ride. Of all the recent shooting games I've played, Bulletstorm's guns were the most fun to use.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the guns. At first I thought, "Oh, I already found all the guns...huh.", but now I can appreciate that at least the guns they have are all useful and fun to use. My favorite is probably the sniper. It's so fun using the secondary function and zooming the bad guys all across the map and then BOOM! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.