Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

The problem with this game

• 133 results
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By mfpantst
    @DonPixel: Trying to figure out the games you play multiplayer competitively.  What are they?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#102  Edited By Hailinel
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Doctorchimp said:
    " @DonPixel said:
    " @Brodehouse said:

" @DonPixel: Its these kind of arguments that Ken Levine talked about in the interview he did with Jeff. "

I saw that interview, and I respecfully beg to differ with Ken Levine  I actually think he´s an overrated game designer in the line with David Jaffe.  "
    Irrelevant, Levine has already proven you don't need competitive multiplayer in a shooter to work.  Good day, have fun with your Call of Duty. It's obviously the better game than Bioshock and Bulletstorm already since it has a deathmatch right? "
    dude.. i haven´t finish a COD campaing or do any serius multiplayer in it.. relax  Im a multiplayer guy but COD it´s not nearly as good as other multiplayer experiences imo, it is the most popular and thats it.    The whole Ken Levine and bioshock rockstar game designer I just don´t buy it.. Bioshock was a big ZzzzZZzzz for me as Sci Fi aficionado ther´s far better storytelling and narrative in your average Sci Fi novel.. Bioshock just get away with it becaus it´s a video game if it were a movie it wouldnt even make it into a B-Movie.  "
    Ken Levine isn't a "rockstar game designer."  He never portrays himself as an asshole like Jaffe, nor does he portray a brash public persona along the lines of Tomonobu Itagaki.  I don't know where you're getting this weird attitude your projecting onto him.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Doctorchimp said:
    " @DonPixel said:
    " @Brodehouse said:

" @DonPixel: Its these kind of arguments that Ken Levine talked about in the interview he did with Jeff. "

I saw that interview, and I respecfully beg to differ with Ken Levine  I actually think he´s an overrated game designer in the line with David Jaffe.  "
    Irrelevant, Levine has already proven you don't need competitive multiplayer in a shooter to work.  Good day, have fun with your Call of Duty. It's obviously the better game than Bioshock and Bulletstorm already since it has a deathmatch right? "
    dude.. i haven´t finish a COD campaing or do any serius multiplayer in it.. relax  Im a multiplayer guy but COD it´s not nearly as good as other multiplayer experiences imo, it is the most popular and thats it.    The whole Ken Levine and bioshock rockstar game designer I just don´t buy it.. Bioshock was a big ZzzzZZzzz for me as Sci Fi aficionado ther´s far better storytelling and narrative in your average Sci Fi novel.. Bioshock just get away with it becaus it´s a video game if it were a movie it wouldnt even make it into a B-Movie.  "
    Whether or not you actually played CoD multiplayer doesn't matter....that wasn't the point...

The sales are there and you have a very ill-founded opinion. Also while the actual narrative and plot fell a little short I thought the universe more then made up for it. Bioshock isn't really hard sci-fi either, it's more like a pulp weird science tale, like Fallout.

And when you say average Sci-fi are you talking about them as a whole or are you actually just talking about the classics? There are some terrible sci-fi stories out there, books and movies...
    Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Klei

It fascinates me how some people rely on Multiplayer for re-playability. I'd rather get  game experience that'll stick in my mind for years ( Arkham Asylum, God of War, Resistance 1, Alan Wake, Castlevania, Enslaved ) than having some other shooter that rewards me points for killing other people. 

I'll be honest, I only play games like CoD with friends with a party of 5. Otherwise, i wouldn't even own the game. The gameplay isn't particularly fun, it's just a team experience for me, that I could have on any other game that all of my friends and I could own at the same time.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By zityz

DO you honestly think this game needs multiplayer? It would be matches of dudes consistently roping each other into slow mo and kicking them off a cliff. It would seriously be broken the way that game is designed. Just be happy theres a game to play to begin with.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DonPixel
    @mfpantst said:
    " @DonPixel: Trying to figure out the games you play multiplayer competitively.  What are they? "
    PC and PS3 I also changed region for my xbox live account the one listed have a couple of weeks. 
    Scaifism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By Scaifism

we're tearing down developers for showing some integrity and not cramming in elements they don't feel would have worked? what kind of fucked up universe is this?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By mfpantst
    @DonPixel said:
    " @mfpantst said:
    " @DonPixel: Trying to figure out the games you play multiplayer competitively.  What are they? "
    PC and PS3 I also changed region for my xbox live account the one listed have a couple of weeks.  "
    That would fall into the category of a non-sequiter answer.  Did you read my question?

@Scaifism said:
    " we're tearing down developers for showing some integrity and not cramming in elements they don't feel would have worked? what kind of fucked up universe is this? "

A seriously Fucked Up Universe. 
    lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By lmenzol
    @Jethuty:  whats wrong? i have prejudice myself all the time
    lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By lmenzol
    @mfpantst: i feel sorry you
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DrPockets000

Think of how much better SP will be because of the lack of MP.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By hmmisee

There hasn't been a competitive FPS multiplayer in ages so i don't know what you're whining about.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mfpantst
    @lmenzol:  ahh the benefits of not having a strong moral compass.
    lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By lmenzol
    @mfpantst: morals have nothing to do with it. the characters and dialogue are  just flat out annoying, its like a 13 year old wrote the story and script
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mfpantst
    @lmenzol said:
    " @mfpantst: morals have nothing to do with it. the characters and dialogue are  just flat out annoying, its like a 13 year old wrote the story and script "
    Yes- or as they put yesterday- sounds like it was put through an auto generator.  I don't mind that.  for me it's refreshing because so many games have been so serious.
    Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#116  Edited By Matfei90
    @extremeradical said:
    " If anything, less games need to have competitive multiplayer. "
    This. Multiplayer adds zero value to a product for me.
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By papuccino1

@OP: Not every game has to have multiplayer - stick to playing your CoD 17 and let us have fun with an innovative game no matter how buggy it is.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DonPixel
    @papuccino1 said:

" @OP: Not every game has to have multiplayer - stick to playing your CoD 17 and let us have fun with an innovative game no matter how buggy it is. "

.... dude you should really red a little bit of whats going on in the discussion before posting an auto generated cliche anwser like that. I dont play COD and I like this game. 
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By amir90
    @blueduck said:
    " There hasn't been an FPS with competitive multiplayer to come out in years. "
    wait, what?
    TheMoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By TheMoD

@HandsomeDead said:

"You're right. All games should be the same. "

^This. You know games don't even have to have multiplayer at all.. you should stop your "checklist" - way of thinking cause you're missing out on some of the greatest games, probably because they don't have regenerating health or some shit like that..

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By napalm
    @DonPixel: Once again, I am going to mention System Shock 2 for the PC. If you have not played that game, then you really have no right to talk about what works, narratively in videogames. BioShock, in my opinion, was a bit of downgrade from System Shock 2, but that is just my opinion. @Doctorchimp said:
    " @DonPixel said:
    " @Brodehouse said:

I love you.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#122  Edited By spazmaster666

Eh, value proposition varies from person to person. I paid $60 for MW2 on day one and I haven't even touched the multiplayer in that game. Do I feel shafted by it? No, since I bought that game for the single player and co-op, not for the multiplayer (I still manage over 25 hours of gameplay from that game so I don't feel like I paid $60 for a 6-hour experience). I've already played about 20 hours of Bulletstorm and that's just the campaign (once on normal, once on Very Hard) plus a few Echo levels. Honestly this idea that just because it's a FPS it needs to have competitive multiplayer is exactly the kind of thinking that leads companies like Activision to want to start monetizing for competitive multiplayer. Obviously, we all want to pay $15 a month to play Call of Duty multiplayer right? Right?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mfpantst
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " Obviously, we all want to pay $15 a month to play Call of Duty multiplayer right? Right? "
    Yo man, you're telling me that for $15 a month, I could PLAY multiplayer?  For a game I've already bought, man?  Shit, I'm in.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DonPixel
    @Napalm said:

" @DonPixel: Once again, I am going to mention System Shock 2 for the PC. If you have not played that game, then you really have no right to talk about what works, narratively in videogames. BioShock, in my opinion, was a bit of downgrade from System Shock 2, but that is just my opinion.  @Doctorchimp said:   

For me looking for "good" narrative in video games it´s a madmans quest, they just don´t work as well as other media name movies and books.   

Look at chess it´s probably the best game ever made what´s the narrative on it? kill the king. What im looking forward into games it´s the system interaction you have with them .. in that regard i think bulletstorm missed a good oportunity to make an interesting competitive multiplayer interaction. As I already stated in the OP im enjoying the campaingid bad jokes and the skillshoot system, so relax.  

and yes I started systemshock never finish it because the shooting was crap and i got bored much like bioshock. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By napalm
    @DonPixel said:
    " and yes I started systemshock never finish it because the shooting was crap and i got bored much like bioshock.  "
    I am disgusted, and I am now leaving, as I feel I need a shower from even setting foot in this topic. I hate to use memes, but you're doing it wrong. Like, really wrong.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By mfpantst
    @DonPixel: Still it would help if you'd list games you like and games you actually play 'competitive multiplayer' for.  I think we all assume you mean CoD or Halo, but could be wrong.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By DonPixel
    @Napalm said:

" @DonPixel said:

" and yes I started systemshock never finish it because the shooting was crap and i got bored much like bioshock.  "
    I am disgusted, and I am now leaving, as I feel I need a shower from even setting foot in this topic. I hate to use memes, but you're doing it wrong. Like, really wrong. "
    dude you did nothing but posting snooby comments about a "classic" video game and me not revering it (like you think i should)...  Im just stating why I don´t really take much apreciation about "narrative" in video games, so yea we think diferent .. big deal no need to get pissed or agressive.  
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#128  Edited By spazmaster666
    @DonPixel said:

For me looking for "good" narrative in video games it´s a madmans quest, they just don´t work as well as other media name movies and books.

While this may be true for the majority of games out there now, games still have far more potential when it comes to what can be done with a narrative/story than movies or books will  ever have because games are an interactive medium capable of creating worlds and characters with far more detail, immersion, and depth than films or books ever could. The problem I think is that game narratives are trying to stick too closely to narratives we see in films and novels, and as such greatly limit their own potential.
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#129  Edited By kerse
    @extremeradical said:
    " If anything, less games need to have competitive multiplayer. "
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DonPixel
    @mfpantst said:

" @DonPixel: Still it would help if you'd list games you like and games you actually play 'competitive multiplayer' for.  I think we all assume you mean CoD or Halo, but could be wrong. "

I mostly play the battlefield series and gears of wars I also did a loooot of WoW a couple of years back
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#131  Edited By ectoplasma

Check your argument for coherence.

Dedlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Dedlok
    @DonPixel said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " You're right. All games should be the same. "  
    yes people love to kill each other online that´s why they buy fps nowadays.   still  i think they missed an oportunity to make a fresh competitive experience with the so call "kill with skill super powers combo system"   "
    Really? I buy a FPS game to play a game that has content that interests me and it happens to be a shooter that you play in the First Person Perspective. If it has multiplayer, that's just a bonus that I may or may not use.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By louiedog

What were they thinking? Their laziness got in the way and prevented them from making a fresh multiplayer experience. It would have been awesome helplessly drifting about as your opponents shot you with various weapons or kicked you into things. And lining up shots for multiple kills would have been great because people in multiplayer games often charge in a straight line at a single player.

I was really looking forward to the lively multiplayer scene that would last for about a month before all but a handful of die hard fans went back to playing Halo and CoD.

I do hope the sequel has co-op in the campaign. You're already playing through the game with another character, some skillshots that use both players could help change it up some.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Resurrecting a 5 month old thread to say this:

OP had better been fucking trolling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.