Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 04, 2008

'Bully: Scholarship Edition' takes place at the fictional New England boarding school Bullworth Academy, and tells the story of mischievous 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he goes through the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence. Beat the jocks at dodge ball, play pranks on the preppies, save the nerds, kiss the girl.

is this game still worth playing if i never played it.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I see it on sale and I hear a million people on podcasts talk constantly about how good it is. Personally the only rockstar game I actually completed is red dead, unlike gta, the story pushed me past the point i get hung up on. The point where I am just driving around at random and doing minigames and eventually losing interest.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yes. Without a doubt you should play Bully. I have no idea how the PC version is, but I'm sure it's fine.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very much enjoyed this game when it came out and it was my favorite Rock Star game at the time. I'm sure it still plays like the older Rockstar games but the game's town was so fun to run around in and just enjoy the seasons. I can't think of a game that made you feel the changes in the seasons the way Bully did. I would say it's totally worth a try, especially for the cost it is on Steam right now.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great game, though I never got around to finishing it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus

Great game, though I never got around to finishing it.

Oh my god, the final showdown in Bully is fantastic. Still some of my favorite game music ever.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, there's not a high-def video of the final showdown on YouTube that I can easily find. I should play the PC version and capture it.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes. Without a doubt you should play Bully. I have no idea how the PC version is, but I'm sure it's fine.

Actually, be wary. I've heard it's just as bad as the 360 version, which is a fucking mess....so yeah.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It was a fun game, go for it...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus

@chop said:
    @toowalrus said:

Actually, be wary. I've heard it's just as bad as the 360 version, which is a fucking mess....so yeah.

Nah, I played on 360 and didn't have a single problem. It looks better than the PS2 version and- holy shit, have you tried to play PS2 Bully lately? The loading times are UNBEARABLE in 2013. Go for it!

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By WickedFather

I've been playing it on the 360 for a week or so and there are no problems with it. I think all the jank got patched and the loading times are trivial. The only issues with it are things that are better now. Selecting your weapons with a linear wheel is a mess because passing a skateboard and a camera to get to a stink bomb is a pain. And the tracking on the camera is poor but you end up compensating for it.

The story has been fun so far. I'm normally a goody-two-shoes in games but I've beaten a woman to the ground with a plank on this and then bunny hopped my bmx over her without the cyber-guilts. And of course there's snogging.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.