Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 04, 2008

'Bully: Scholarship Edition' takes place at the fictional New England boarding school Bullworth Academy, and tells the story of mischievous 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he goes through the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence. Beat the jocks at dodge ball, play pranks on the preppies, save the nerds, kiss the girl.

What do you think about the "Over The Rainbow" achievement ?

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CharleyTony

Personally, I found it funny and cool that they included that type of thing into their game. I heard an interview with a guy from gaygamer and they were so happy about it...

If games want to be more and more realistic they have to evolve and reflect all aspect of society.

What do you think about what that feature in the Bully game and the achievement that comes with it ?

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Emiel

I always liked the option to go with boys and girls. Just like real life :-)

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bennyishere

Once the news got out of the achievements, I saw a lot of comments saying "No way, I don't want my friends to see that". Come on... it's an Achievement... They're meant to be completed, no matter how homophobic and narrow-minded you are.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Relys

I don't like how people are big on making homosexuality socially accepted.

Let the gays be gays, and leave me out of it.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CharleyTony
     Re Relys:

if you believe w
    hat Kinsey published, the real world is a little bit more made out of shades of gray than your black and white vision ....
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Relys
    CharleyTony said:
    " Re Relys:

if you believe w
    hat Kinsey published, the real world is a little bit more made out of shades of gray than your black and white vision ...."
    Well I'm sorry then.

I have lots of homosexual friends and I accept them for who they are as people, but I do not support their lifestyle.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I personally think it's awesome.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Yit

I could care less.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#9  Edited By vigorousjammer

I don't mind it being in the game, because you should have a choice... but, for a heterosexual man like myself... that was pretty disgusting having to go through all of that for the points...
    of course, I suppose from a gay person's point of view, having to go through heterosexual making out sequences could be gross...

actually making out is kinda gross to watch anyways...

Plasticworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Plasticworld

It made me happy :). It's nice to see that there's a game where you're not forced to be of a certain sexuality.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush
    Vigorousjammer said:
    "I don't mind it being in the game, because you should have a choice... but, for a heterosexual man like myself... that was pretty disgusting having to go through all of that for the points..."
    You didn't have to do it just for the points. You could have said, "These are just points, they mean absolutely nothing." Are the points that important that you need to kiss boys in a video game for a few of them?
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Riddler

i didnt get them :)

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By brukaoru
    Relys said:
    "CharleyTony said:
    " Re Relys:

if you believe w
    hat Kinsey published, the real world is a little bit more made out of shades of gray than your black and white vision ...."
    Well I'm sorry then.

I have lots of homosexual friends and I accept them for who they are as people, but I do not support their lifestyle."
    I have to agree with this. It seems like if you don't like the thought of homosexuality, you are automatically labeled as a homophobic... I respect people regardless of their sexual orientation, but that doesn't mean that I'm comfortable with their decision to live that way... I don't mind that there is homosexual media out there, but I personally don't want anything to do with it.
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CharleyTony

The crazy thing here is that if the game character was a female and that the achievement was "girl on girl kissing" every guy would scream: "Awesome !!!"

Im hetero, but I think that sexual orientation should be a personnal thing and that there are no wrong choices. If you say that homosexuality doesnt bother you but then you happen to see it and you say it disgusts you, to me it doesnt make any sense.

The worst thing is that people seem to view guy on guy homosexuality differently from the girl on girl variety...

Thats just (In my personnal opinion) being brainwashed... Both of them are (should be) just as normal or unnatural depending on your acceptance of GAYness

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Keano

Fuck that Achievement, i aint no queer

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
    Keano said:
    "Fuck that Achievement, i aint no queer"
    Wow. That was quite mature of you.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Kush said:
    "Keano said:
    "Fuck that Achievement, i aint no queer"
    Wow. That was quite mature of you."
    i agree maybe hes trying to hide some inner feeling perhaps ? 
    Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Boyling

It's great to see how some uptight homophobics get really angry over this

CharleyTony said:

If games want to be more and more realistic they have to evolve and reflect all aspect of society.
    I don't think this is necessary for all games, but it's good that at least some games dare to go there. We don't have to see gay relations in all games just as we don't have to see relations in all games. Some games can be just as good without any form of sexual tension at all.

But there are plenty of other taboo subjects that I'd like to see in games.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead
    CharleyTony said:
    "The crazy thing here is that if the game character was a female and that the achievement was "girl on girl kissing" every guy would scream: "Awesome !!!"

Im hetero, but I think that sexual orientation should be a personnal thing and that there are no wrong choices. If you say that homosexuality doesnt bother you but then you happen to see it and you say it disgusts you, to me it doesnt make any sense.

The worst thing is that people seem to view guy on guy homosexuality differently from the girl on girl variety...

Thats just (In my personnal opinion) being brainwashed... Both of them are (should be) just as normal or unnatural depending on your acceptance of GAYness"
    This. I'm tired of it being lesbians are fine but gays are sick.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boyling said:
    "I don't think this is necessary for all games, but it's good that at least some games dare to go there. We don't have to see gay relations in all games just as we don't have to see relations in all games. Some games can be just as good without any form of sexual tension at all."
    Oh like you didn't notice the backdoor shenanigans between the L-shaped block and the square-block in Tetris. It was un-Christian I tells you! :P

I thought it was a pretty clever achievement and people who made a huge stink about it are either latent homosexuals or stupid bigots.
    I understand the people who are uncomfortable with it or who wouldn't want to associate it, but these people who were calling for a ban or a raising of the age rating were morons.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PureRok

Speaking of Bully: Should I grab the PC version?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Shadow

It's hilarious....that's pretty much it

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    CharleyTony said:
    " Re Relys:

if you believe w
    nah its because people want it to be shades of grey but more often then not life really is black and white its not complicated people just like to think its complicated so they have something to do.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    CharleyTony said:
    " Re Relys:

if you believe w
    nah its because people want it to be shades of grey but more often then not life really is black and white its not complicated people just like to think its complicated so they have something to do.
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Jedted

I don't even know how you get boys to kiss you in the game.  Does it only open up after you beat all the Art classes?

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShadowKiller

I had this for the Wii and I had no idea you could do that (Not that I want to). Is that some Xbox exclusive stuff or something?

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Axersia
    ShadowKiller said:
    "I had this for the Wii and I had no idea you could do that (Not that I want to). Is that some Xbox exclusive stuff or something?
    "
    You can kiss boys in all versions of the game, but obviously the Wii doesn't have any sort of achievements system so you won't get anything out of it.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#28  Edited By LordAndrew
    Axersia said:
    "ShadowKiller said:
    "I had this for the Wii and I had no idea you could do that (Not that I want to). Is that some Xbox exclusive stuff or something?
    "
    You can kiss boys in all versions of the game, but obviously the Wii doesn't have any sort of achievements system so you won't get anything out of it."
    Except for the satisfaction of kissing another boy, which I know is something Axersia enjoys.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jayge_

I actually have Over The Rainbow. I found some preppy dude, made sure it worked, turned on my TV for 10 minutes and mashed A repeatedly. Came back to the achievement unlocked screen. Whoopie.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Only one I didn't get along with collecting useless shit, fuck I hate collecting useless shit.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By RichardLOlson
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "CharleyTony said:
    " Re Relys:

if you believe w
    nah its because people want it to be shades of grey but more often then not life really is black and white its not complicated people just like to think its complicated so they have something to do."
    There is nothing wrong with an achievement like this.  I mean if a grown man wants to lay next to another grown man, there is no harm in that.  Right william!
    dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By dichemstys

I know this thread pretty much ended ten months ago but I thought I would put my opinion in. Being bisexual I personally have no problem with it and I got the achievement. I know this game isn't going for the most realistic high school experience, but I was in high school when I came out so that part rang true for me anyway. I think this is all just an issue of morality and since there is no objective system of morality, there's no answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.