Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Overpriced at $40USD/€ur?

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I already own a version of this game, but would like to pick it up to play with friends. I know it will be in -50% sale in 2-3 months, but do you consider asking this much money for a re-release... a bit too much? I know it contains all the DLC, but still, feels like they're just hurting their own sales after the hardcore fans go and get their copies.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a 10 year old game, and by this time there's probably a good number of people who've never played Burnout Paradise before. $40 seems like a good deal for a triple A game with all the DLC and 4K textures. I think having a bunch of licensed content like the music and DLC cars might mean they have to cover the costs/loyalties for that stuff.

But if you still own the last gen version, then there's little value in buying this version. Are your friends new to Burnout Paradise or do they also own the last gen version? I guess it's the former, I rarely see a group of people wanting to spend money on something that doesn't add much value to a game everyone already owns. If you and your friends own the Xbox 360 version from last gen, it's an Xbox One backwards compat game, so everyone could use that version.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was just playing the 360 version a week ago, but I spent the $40 anyhow.

It’s immediately noticble that the game is cleaner and everything pops more. It’s a great looking touch-up job on a decade old game, but I totally get not wanting to pay $40 for a “restored” version.

I’m playing on an Xbox One X with an LG OLED, which may help me see more in the new release...

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I basically bought it straight up in some vague hope that if there are enough morons like me that we will get a new fully fleshed sequel. Paradise was my favourite game of the generation and perhaps ever so anything they charged was always going to be worth it for me.

If I was buying for the first time there is a hell of a lot of content and the sheer amount of time you can spend in the game is worth the cash imo. Also I agree with something Jeff said on the Bombcast - the driving is so good in this game that I spend a lot of time just cruising around not doing anything - that's a hell of a lot of fun.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you already have it, don't jump. I don't think the visual upgrades are worth it.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm one of /those people/ who prefers Burnout 3. So $40 seems a bit much for me.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep it's too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
    deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stop play it.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and even more so Marvel Ultimate Alliance seem overpriced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Felt fair enough to me.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

as a general rule i dont buy a remaster unless it improves core gameplay, but having servers to play with friends on could make it worth it. the content is easily worth 40 dollars, but I am sticking with the 360 back compat version because it plays the same. I cant think of many gameplay improving remasters, Bully comes to mind with improved camera stuff that makes everything more pleasant.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

$10 too much for my third favorite Burnout game.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I forgot I posted this over the weekend ;)

Yeah, I already own the game on PC and Xbox, but I might pick it up on -50% sale later (slowly migrating from Xbox to the world of PS...)

I guess I just wanted to hear your opinions because quite frankly I was a bit shocked by the price, thanks for the thoughts!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By pweidman

Yeah it's way too much for a 10 year old redux imo. Typical EA though, not a shocker. $19.99 should have been the pricepoint to really see sales. No one bought it on my fl.

PSA: Just saw this is $29.99 on Amazon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.