Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout

Franchise »

The Burnout franchise incorporates the arcade-style racing made famous by games like Daytona and Ridge Racer and takes it totally over the top by adding ridiculous speeds and gigantic crashes.

Happy 20th anniversary for this franchise!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello there fans of arcade-style street racing games!

Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the Burnout franchise and I would like to see you guys share your fond memories on this!

The very first installment in the series is called Burnout, this game also appears to be Criterion Games' answer to Konami's Thrill Drive (Another street racing game) and both involve players driving their cars on the virtual public roads dangerously, dodging the traffic and crossing to the finish line first.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

20 years! Good lord, I was already in college when this came out. Played a bunch of Burnout 3 with my roommates senior year. Good times.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked it when the car bumped the other car into the rails. Good times.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: @judaspete:

Yeah, Burnout is a great franchise but it's a shame that Criterion Games and EA has no plans to develop and release a new installment.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

never played the first 2 but 3 was great when i played it , i can't count how many hours i sunk into it after school (i would have been a sophomore in HS at the time). the crash mode was always fun n something about the structure of the levels made it enjoyable all around plus takedowns really did it for me since i was never great at racing games outside of kart racers. i played revenge on my 360 when that came out and it was ok but something about it didn't click for me the same way and while everyone seems to like paradise i never cared for the open world aspect of it vs the levels/tracks of the previous entries.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styx971 said:

never played the first 2 but 3 was great when i played it , i can't count how many hours i sunk into it after school (i would have been a sophomore in HS at the time). the crash mode was always fun n something about the structure of the levels made it enjoyable all around plus takedowns really did it for me since i was never great at racing games outside of kart racers. i played revenge on my 360 when that came out and it was ok but something about it didn't click for me the same way and while everyone seems to like paradise i never cared for the open world aspect of it vs the levels/tracks of the previous entries.

Burnout Revenge Xbox 360 version is still my favorite game in the series.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Burnout 2 is a perfect game. 3 ruined the series for me with its non-sensical takedown mechanic.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burnout Paradise was the first racing game that really grabbed me. I'll pass on the soundtrack, which became irritating after a while, but driving around the city and getting those sweet traffic checks/long drifts are my fondest memories of my old 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.