#1  Edited By grievous113
abombb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By abombb

Yeah, Call of Duty 4 has quite an angry atmosphere, along with many games like Halo 3 and Gears of War(this one being the worst).  It seems to me that the more popular the game is, the worse the community in the game is.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Dude, Cod4? Its everywhere on Live. It started with the Halo kids and has spread over pretty much every FPS especially. It isn't anything new. In the words of Shawn Elliot: The only thing worse than having an XBL headset attached to your head is a gun pointed at it."

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By matthew

Serious, there's a pretty easy solution: just mute them all.  I do that pretty much whenever I hear somebody using a voice changer, sound like they're under 4 years old, etc. 

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90
pause422 said:
Shane Elliot: The only thing worse than having an XBL headset attached to your head is a gun pointed at it.""
 I loved that quote  lol 
logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By logson
pause422 said:
"Shane Elliot"
caption
caption
I couldn't help myself.
I digress. Get some gamertags of Giant Bomb users and play with us! Live is so much more enjoyable with people that can be held a little bit more accountable than your every day 15 year old CoD jackass.

EDIT: To clarify, Shawn Elliot said that. Shane Bettenhausen is Shawn's former colleague from EGM/1Up.com.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar
abombb said:
"Yeah, Call of Duty 4 has quite an angry atmosphere, along with many games like Halo 3 and Gears of War(this one being the worst).  It seems to me that the more popular the game is, the worse the community in the game is."
Word. I would suggest instead to play on PSN or the PC since not everybody has a headset on those networks.

And yes I love Shane's quote as well.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, this is really nothing new. Every game has it's horrible swearing 12 year olds. Hell, I played Kane and Lynch yesterday, a game where the online is pretty much non-existent, and STILL managed to run into a 12 year old child screaming horrible profanities.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

I really don't know where these horrible children exist. I never meet them in real life but they seem to solely exist on Xbox Live.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Hrmmmm...

Well, I've cussed in multiplayer since we were riggin' Doom for online play.  I still cuss, will continue to cuss, and like to cuss...because let's face it...

...what the fuck else is there to say to complete strangers?

Now, that doesn't mean I'm hostile about it...unless I'm playing with a bunch of fucktards who don't know their grenade launcher from a hole in the ground.  Left 4 Dead has definitely been a very frustrating cuss-fest, as a lot of the thick fuckos that are playing that on XBL apparently don't know how to hook up a mic and communicate, let alone listen to muthafuckers like me and my buddy Matt that consistently make sure the Survivors don't make it past 10% of the fucking map in Versus.

The kids that are cussing on there are only doing it because they think it's cool.  They don't realize how fucking stupid they sound when THEY cuss because they don't know how to use it properly.  They only use it in the terms of "fuck you" or "fuck that" or "fuck off".  They don't know how to use it in the terms of creativity, like "that muthafuck" or "fuckin' hostile", or one of my personal favorites:

"Assblast that fuck!"
irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By irishjohn
pause422 said:
"Dude, Cod4? Its everywhere on Live. It started with the Halo kids and has spread over pretty much every FPS especially. It isn't anything new. In the words of Shane Elliot: The only thing worse than having an XBL headset attached to your head is a gun pointed at it.""
Exactly.  I started muting universally the first time I heard the N-word on Live.  Swearing is one thing but I'm not dealing with that crap.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar
SpikeSpiegel said:
"I really don't know where these horrible children exist. I never meet them in real life but they seem to solely exist on Xbox Live."
Good/Bad thing is, just about everybody acts without restrictions online so in real life they just seem like normal kids. Too bad everybody on live only gets to know the stupid retarded side of them.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf
StaticFalconar said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"I really don't know where these horrible children exist. I never meet them in real life but they seem to solely exist on Xbox Live."
Good/Bad thing is, just about everybody acts without restrictions online so in real life they just seem like normal kids. Too bad everybody on live only gets to know the stupid retarded side of them."
I'm not a stupid retard... *cries*
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

Ya I know its Shawn Elliot, I just get his and Shane's name mixed up >.<

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By keyhunter

I make sure to mute mexicans as soon as they start talking. British people too. I also mute anyone that sounds like they haven't gone through puberty. That leaves White and Black north americans ages 15+. They're good company online unlike the aforementioned people.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Why do you think I stick to single player?  I only have a gold membership so I can play co-op with my brother or someone on my friends list that I know won't curse or feel obligated to abuse other players with "trash talk."  When did provoking anger and negative feeling in other people become popular online?  It wasn't like that in the good old days of only PC multiplayer.  At least not for me.  Then again, there wasn't many people willing to go through a second application like Roger Wilco, Teamspeak, or Ventrilo.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

The screaming kids on LIVE really isn't as big a deal as you make out. Just mute them or something, it's not difficult.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Absurd

Yeah...If you think 12-14 year olds dont know what the word Fuck means then you have another thing coming....

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Kids are fucking stupid. Thank the gods they're all playing shitty console games. :P

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Branthog

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By suneku

I just don't use a mic unless it's a private chat with friends. That usually solves the problem.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By ZenaxPure

I usually just plug in the headset then toss it as far it will go across the room. Solve multiple problems when I want to play something. Only reason I even have a headset is for coop games.

grievous113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By grievous113

Ok, so I have taken some of your comments to heart. I do agree that this is 2009 and kids and games are different now. I play M rated games all the time as well as cuss a lot too. I am not saying that I am against cussing, just to the degree where it becomes stupid. I don't need a 12 year old using the N word for the hell of it.

That being said if anyone wants to send me an invite for COD4, Gears, Halo 3 I welcome them. I play a lot of games online on the ps3 and have actual converstations, not just a cuss fest.

GamerTag: darqninja01

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck is probably my favorite word in english, but how the kids use it is freaking dumb.  I just mute when I hear bullshit like that. All popular games have angry kids like that.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By regularassmilk
grievous113 said:
"

Is it just me or has the people who are currently playing COD 4 lost touch with the fun game atmosphere. I have just been playing the game for a week now online and I can say that I don’t want to continue playing it under what I have had to deal with. I mean 12 and 14 year old kids cussing saying F this and using other profanity that they don’t even know what means or should be saying this. And this is just not only one room, it is every room with profanity, sex talk and other stuff with kids under 15 being the main people doing so.

Does anyone agree with this, or am I the only one that finds this to be ridiculous. I play many games online but this one is the only one with the bad language, bad attitudes, and stuff that should not be allowed. I think that this needs to get under control sooner than later.

"
yeah, people are like that
Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Superchris129

Someone with the technology to find locations of these kids via their connection, take names down. We'll join up, drive from town to town in a van, and take them out one by one. I've got a level 60 bullet for your face, kid. Blap, blap, blap!

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DualReaver

ITS CALLED BEING MEN

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By BiggerBomb

There is nothing funnier than killing all of your teamates on Hardcore Team Deathmatch, simply to hear them all cry out, "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" in unison. Cursing only enhances the experience.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Illmatic

I've ceased the use of headsets altogether on Xbox Live unless I'm playing Left 4 Dead or Gears. The amount of racism, ignorance, and senseless cursing can often reach levels that diminish my enjoyment of the game.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DualReaver
BiggerBomb said:
"There is nothing funnier than killing all of your teamates on Hardcore Team Deathmatch, simply to hear them all cry out, "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" in unison. Cursing only enhances the experience."
I like the times you randomly start singing and your whole team joins in. That is the greatest experience anyone can ever have online ever.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By grilledcheez

Gears 2 is the worst...I'm usually in a p chat so I don't have to listen to the people playing the game.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Illmatic

In the case of Gears, I usually put on my headset for the first few minutes of the game. If I find I'm on a team that doesn't communicate much, I just unplug the mic.

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By Wildfire570
HandsomeDead said:
"The screaming kids on LIVE really isn't as big a deal as you make out. Just mute them or something, it's not difficult."
Amen my friend, whoever created the mute option should get the Nobel Peace Prize in my opinion.
Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tomzombie

it has a large online base what do you expect

Tetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tetsu
suneku said:
"I just don't use a mic unless it's a private chat with friends. That usually solves the problem."
Best way to play really.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bjorno

Swearing is like nutmeg, it goes well on everything.

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Video_Tycoon
keyhunter said:
"I make sure to mute mexicans as soon as they start talking. British people too. I also mute anyone that sounds like they haven't gone through puberty. That leaves White and Black north americans ages 15+. They're good company online unlike the aforementioned people."
That hurts.  I'm a girl so I sound like a 5 year old. >_<
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Video_Tycoon said:
That hurts.  I'm a girl so I sound like a 5 year old. >_<"
distinguishing a girl's voice from a little boy is pretty easy , fortunately female gamers are always polite  (ah , that is a relief !!!)
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By BiggerBomb
Video_Tycoon said:
"keyhunter said:
"I make sure to mute mexicans as soon as they start talking. British people too. I also mute anyone that sounds like they haven't gone through puberty. That leaves White and Black north americans ages 15+. They're good company online unlike the aforementioned people."

I like talking to Brits and Aussies. They have cool accents. I do hate the prepubescents, though. Who doesn't?
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By crunchUK
BiggerBomb said:
"Video_Tycoon said:
"keyhunter said:

I like talking to Brits and Aussies. They have cool accents. I do hate the prepubescents, though. Who doesn't?"
i don't. they're hilarious
Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Video_Tycoon
daniel_beck_90 said:
"Video_Tycoon said:
distinguishing a girl's voice from a little boy is pretty easy , fortunately female gamers are always polite  (ah , that is a relief !!!)"
I'm pretty polite, except when this one kid started calling me baby.  I got him to shut up.  =)
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#42  Edited By trulyalive
jakob187 said:
"The kids that are cussing on there are only doing it because they think it's cool.  They don't realize how fucking stupid they sound when THEY cuss because they don't know how to use it properly.  They only use it in the terms of "fuck you" or "fuck that" or "fuck off".  They don't know how to use it in the terms of creativity, like "that muthafuck" or "fuckin' hostile", or one of my personal favorites:
"Assblast that fuck!""
This guy knows what he's on about. A simple splash of creativity in your swearing can make the whole experience so much more endearing. And 'Fuck' seems to be just about the only cuss word thrown around out there which is an issue. You rarely get any really fantastic cursing. The best one I've heard in a while was actually "That cockmunching cuntface is doomed all to shit!"
Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Throne

Yeah, what game doesn't have that? I just mute them all when I play. :)

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By dsplayer1010

Dude, cursing makes you cool. Just ask the kid who told me to F.O.D. the other day.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45  Edited By natetodamax

So much stereotyping in this topic, mah head hurts

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46  Edited By JamesF

Kids think they're cool when they swear lots. Especially when their friends are around.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shadow

Everyone plays that game.  Therefore, all the douchebags of xbox live gather there so their ignorant bullshit can be heard by the largest number of people.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Karmum

Adolescent bitch little kids find excessive cursing to cool and want others to hear their before-puberty voices. Unfortunately, they won't talk this big game face-to-face, so the online service is their savior. It isn't cool, and curse when you aren't on the mic. That's what I do, benefits everyone. I vent my rage, and nobody needs to hear it.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MetalGearSunny

This is the reason I prefer PSN.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shadow
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"This is the reason I prefer PSN."

how is it any better?  I've played online on the PS3 and there's pretty much the same amount of bullshit being spewed there as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.