Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Cursing in COD4-Why???

• 63 results
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Karmum
    Shadow said:
    "Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "This is the reason I prefer PSN."

how is it any better?  I've played online on the PS3 and there's pretty much the same amount of bullshit being spewed there as well."
    Less people =/= Less Ignorance
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shadow said:
    "Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

how is it any better?  I've played online on the PS3 and there's pretty much the same amount of bullshit being spewed there as well."
    QFT

Wanna freak kids out online, ask these squeaky voiced fucks how old they are. If they say they're under 17, tell them you're a Microsoft representative and they're playing a M-Rated game on Xbox Live while being underage and are therefore breaking the terms of the service. Tell them they can expect a ban from Xbox Live within three working days and then log off.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Jayge_

I swear like a trucker, generally because I'm almost constantly getting pissed off at something in games like CoD4. I don't really care if other people dislike it, they can easily mute me with the press of a button. It's more kneejerk than anything, and it's somewhat more satisfying when you're mad than saying "I'm fairly miffed at this overly aggressive use of the fairly unbalanced weaponry found commonplace throughout this poorly designed video game in which I am currently participating in a multiplayer game."

I fully possess the ability to express myself as eloquently as any authoritative man with a British accent hosting a show on the History channel, I just choose not to do so. Hehe.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    Shadow said:
    "Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

Do you own a PS3? Do you have a PSN account? Saying that "you've played online" on the PS3 isn't enough. What game did you play?
    Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sushbag

Ah playing TF2 on the PC I rarely have this problem. There's something about masterful PC games that kids don't seem to take to, thank god.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sushbag said:
    "Ah playing TF2 on the PC I rarely have this problem. There's something about masterful PC games that kids don't seem to take to, thank god."
    Yeah, mastering Peggle sure is too taxing for these kids nowadays j/k :P
    El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By El33tPanda

They really need to step up the moderation in CoD4 rooms, let's hope they do!

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Qorious

Well you can't really blame the game. I just usually mute everyone before the battle starts.

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NinjaMunkey

Heres what I do, the second you hear someone speak, just go to the scores menu and mute EVERYTHING, even if someone is shooting at you just do it.

Becuase that person with the mic is never just a normal player, it always some kid with a high pitched voice who wont shut up and loves to swear every second word...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By crunchUK

i have to say it's not the kids that bother me on live it's those fully grown (at least with a fully grown voice... don't count on mental age) who are simply arseholes through and through

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HiroSeven
    suneku said:
    "I just don't use a mic unless it's a private chat with friends. That usually solves the problem."
    I tend to agree.

I haven't played online too much, the only real experiences thus far being Ace Combat 6 and Halo 3, but both multiplayer experiences have been bad from the communications perspective. So I just decided to switch off the mic and mute everyone unless I'm involved in some sort of team match/play or co-op.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By LiquidPrince

People think they're cooler in those kind of situations, and when they're younger, they think swearing is the cool thing to do. Funny thin is, if you saw one of them in a street they would shit their pants.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sushbag

It's more about age than what's being said. I mean, if an adult curses you out he probably fuckin hates you, and you're gunna feel it. Conversely I'm not at all threatened by a 13 year old trying to sound menacing, it just doesn't work that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.